10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL if that drop is true: 150 mithril full helms ...

that would really be a "wtf" moment when you get those..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[hide]

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If someone can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

I've done a few kills of Nex with a 15ish man team and her K.O potential isn't vastly different from Corp to be honest.

Why is it a good thing that new armour comes out that nobody other than the richest can buy? Does it boost your virtual ego? Other than that, I see the prices of these items as absurd.

Once again were going to go through the ridiculous cycle of what happened to divine and ely. Every piece that enters the Market will be snatched up by merchers that don't even use it for it's intended purpose making the entire update pointless.

When will Jagex realise that being high level doesn't mean you automatically have max money.

One simple reason: NOT EVERYONE NEEDS EVERYTHING. I don't have any torva. If I stick with RS instead of quitting, then I'll have a hard goal. Things shouldn't be too easy to get. There is no real "end game" content in RS. Hopefully we have some here that is "end game". Expensive to buy, or quite hard to get without actually being decent. No more of this low level mass crap. Now it needs skill, rather then luck.

Why is it bad that only a few people can afford something? It gives a goal. Believe me, having the best of everything is kind of boring. Money loses value quickly with only skills and supplies to buy, why monster hunt when a week of MHing will keep me skilling for a month plus?

Its part of why I'm enjoying WoW. There are actually things for me to do. Now if I want 120 dg, I grind for 3 months. Same for other skills. I've mastered all the bosses I enjoy and are profitable, I had the best gear, and I had all the 99's I enjoyed. Now there is a new, hopefully hard boss to master, and new gear that might actually take me months to either LS or buy!

This gear isn't so much better then other armor that people will really lose out by not having it. In fact, bandos and arma will drop enough to become more accessible. But its a goal.

And free trade will limit merchants heavily, in one sense. They will still "flip" items, but instead of having to upgrade items, or use junk, or camp snipe GE, you can buy an item for its actual street price.

[/hide]

I'm not trying to start an argument here but HOW exactly does this update now make obtaining these armours skill based rather than luck based? Nex needs to be killed in a team, the items have a drop rate and they are tradeable. So Nex works like every other boss which makes every one of it's drops luck based.

Again, this isn't end game content, it's level 80 armour with a price that FAR surpasses the reach in price terms of a large portion of people that can actually use it. This update is just further proof that Jagex have no idea how to introduce new equipment into the game other than attaching it to a boss that is entirely luck based in relation to getting it's new drops.

Sylpheed.png

500/30k damage and she's pissed right now :P.

Ruby specs should make like... 60% of the fight much, much easier right? How come nobody is using it on any of the vids?

I have seen a few suspicious 500's I take to have been ruby specs, but there's blood spells all around and I was running cause they wanted to sacrifice me, so I might have been mistaken but I think they were used. Long sentence.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

500/30k damage and she's pissed right now :P.

Ruby specs should make like... 60% of the fight much, much easier right? How come nobody is using it on any of the vids?

I have seen a few suspicious 500's I take to have been ruby specs, but there's blood spells all around and I was running cause they wanted to sacrifice me, so I might have been mistaken but I think they were used. Long sentence.

Judging by the fact that diamond bolts can hit 500s too, but their spec activates much more frequently and doesn't kill you, ruby bolts aren't any good for this boss. Remember, they hit 1000s on corp, but ranged still stinks.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Oh, right... She has a special attack that marks you for sacrifice, how does that work?

To above: Ruby bolt specs are guaranteed max hit, or am I wrong? You can easily just switch bolts or just hybrid to melee.

crossed_body.png

wow check this out :

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Virtus_armour

A bug o.0

dont trust everything you here in rune wiki.... like 80% of it

Now how do I put the sign [citation needed] on the runewiki?

btw why are there never any sources at runewiki pages?

Then they came for me

btw why are there never any sources at runewiki pages?

Because all sources would be Jagex Ltd.?

Uhm discovering how a monster is killed is done by "someone" "somewhere". As runewiki strives to be an encyclopedia the data should be noted "somewhere" already wiki..

Then that "somewhere" ought to be cited.

Then they came for me

So the monsters in the Zaros area that you kill for your killcount hit through prayer? I went in there with Veracs skirt, BCP, Nezzy helm, ddef, and rapier while praying mage. Only the mage type monsters agroed on me, but even with protect from magic on, I was getting piled with tons of low damage hits. Enough so that I had to tele because I didn't bring much food, assuming I would only need prayer pots.....

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

i only have a fuzzy idea of what her attack styles are

Virus - hits 170 constantly, your character coughs.

Shadow attack - you need to run away from where you and your allies are standing, or you will get hit

There is no escape - she runs to center, dealing damage if she runs past you.

Thunderous grab - She grabs you, you can't prayer right away. You cannot move.

Syphon - Summons 2 reavers, kill them ASAP or she heals

Marked you for sacrifice - She targets you, you get a red message in your chatbox, you are told to run away.

Naaxi.png

So according to the RSOF, once you degrade the new items for the first time they essentially become soul-bound. They become untradeable and there is no way to make them tradeable again, even if you repair them. Not sure what to think of that.

td2sig.jpg

So according to the RSOF, once you degrade the new items for the first time they essentially become soul-bound. They become untradeable and there is no way to make them tradeable again, even if you repair them. Not sure what to think of that.

Degrade them fully or degrade them slightly by going into combat? If fully, it's 100% lie.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wouldn't make sense for you to use them when pking in that case. Likely they will become tradeable again when you repair them to full(as there aren't any degraded versions listed on the ge page). If it is true, it will be very interesting. Another thing to note is that while the mage and range armors are best of their kind, the melee armor isn't(apart from the increased lp limit, they have same def stats and lower str/attack bonuses than stat/vesta).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Degrade them fully or degrade them slightly by going into combat? If fully, it's 100% lie.

Not sure what you're saying.

Also, it costs 10K per %, or 1m for a full repair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

td2sig.jpg

Also, it costs 10K per %, or 1m for a full repair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Do you mean once they degrade to 0 they become soul bound or once you step into combat for the first time only degrading them slightly. (according to the rsof)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Do you mean once they degrade to 0 they become soul bound or once you step into combat for the first time only degrading them slightly. (according to the rsof)

Once you get hit and degrade them slightly.

td2sig.jpg

Ah, I would like to see proof of it. If true, yet another reason this armour will have no effect on the majority. The repair price however sounds very reasonable.

zqXeV.jpg

Ah, I would like to see proof of it. If true, yet another reason this armour will have no effect on the majority. The repair price however sounds very reasonable.

*X player gets Torva platebody*

Y Player: "show me what the armour looks like"

X Player: "Okay!"

*X player wields"

*Nex spawns summons all 4 mages and player forgets to take off the plate*

I still wonder on the drop rates I've only killed about 23 in a team, not sure on what the rate would be, but the drop table doesn't look that big *so far*

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png