Jimmyw3000

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If some can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

I've done a few kills of Nex with a 15ish man team and her K.O potential isn't vastly different from Corp to be honest.

Why is it a good thing that new armour comes out that nobody other than the richest can buy? Does it boost your virtual ego? Other than that, I see the prices of these items as absurd.

Once again were going to go through the ridiculous cycle of what happened to divine and ely. Every piece that enters the Market will be snatched up by merchers that don't even use it for it's intended purpose making the entire update pointless.

When will Jagex realise that being high level doesn't mean you automatically have max money.

Yeah, you're right, let's just let the game end when you get level 80 in all stats and a 100m bank. That'd be much better. What is this bull [cabbage] about endgame content?

Wow, you really need to understand how to look past your close minded point of view. Generalising my entire comment into one argument is pretty pointless aswell.

Endgame content = good

However, this ISN'T endgame content. It's content for people with level 80 stats, not 99. Level 80 in a skill is such a stupidly small fraction of the experience to 99 that this could hardly be called a high level update beyond the fact that the boss is challenging.

I suppose you think it's a stellar idea to release super awesome and expensive armour into a game where practically the entire market for rare and expensive items is controlled by people who aren't going to use it for anything other than looks and bragging rights.

Lol, what a joke.

This. These items should have been untradeable and should be common drops from the boss. I'd like this update then.

td2sig.jpg

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If someone can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

I've done a few kills of Nex with a 15ish man team and her K.O potential isn't vastly different from Corp to be honest.

Why is it a good thing that new armour comes out that nobody other than the richest can buy? Does it boost your virtual ego? Other than that, I see the prices of these items as absurd.

Once again were going to go through the ridiculous cycle of what happened to divine and ely. Every piece that enters the Market will be snatched up by merchers that don't even use it for it's intended purpose making the entire update pointless.

When will Jagex realise that being high level doesn't mean you automatically have max money.

One simple reason: NOT EVERYONE NEEDS EVERYTHING. I don't have any torva. If I stick with RS instead of quitting, then I'll have a hard goal. Things shouldn't be too easy to get. There is no real "end game" content in RS. Hopefully we have some here that is "end game". Expensive to buy, or quite hard to get without actually being decent. No more of this low level mass crap. Now it needs skill, rather then luck.

Why is it bad that only a few people can afford something? It gives a goal. Believe me, having the best of everything is kind of boring. Money loses value quickly with only skills and supplies to buy, why monster hunt when a week of MHing will keep me skilling for a month plus?

Its part of why I'm enjoying WoW. There are actually things for me to do. Now if I want 120 dg, I grind for 3 months. Same for other skills. I've mastered all the bosses I enjoy and are profitable, I had the best gear, and I had all the 99's I enjoyed. Now there is a new, hopefully hard boss to master, and new gear that might actually take me months to either LS or buy!

This gear isn't so much better then other armor that people will really lose out by not having it. In fact, bandos and arma will drop enough to become more accessible. But its a goal.

And free trade will limit merchants heavily, in one sense. They will still "flip" items, but instead of having to upgrade items, or use junk, or camp snipe GE, you can buy an item for its actual street price.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

You do realise you just contradicted yourself right? If someone can be more efficient at Td's by 'getting better' (lol vague) then the exact same thing can happen with Nex.

One simple reason: NOT EVERYONE NEEDS EVERYTHING. I don't have any torva. If I stick with RS instead of quitting, then I'll have a hard goal. Things shouldn't be too easy to get. There is no real "end game" content in RS. Hopefully we have some here that is "end game". Expensive to buy, or quite hard to get without actually being decent. No more of this low level mass crap. Now it needs skill, rather then luck.

Why is it bad that only a few people can afford something? It gives a goal. Believe me, having the best of everything is kind of boring. Money loses value quickly with only skills and supplies to buy, why monster hunt when a week of MHing will keep me skilling for a month plus?

Because the only way to get some is to GET LUCKY with LS (please, don't give me [cabbage] about LSP-- it mostly comes down to LUCK) or to pay the exorbitant prices to the group of uber rich players who hoard the armor just to make money off it instead of using it. There's no skill involved in obtaining it, just an absurd amount of grinding or luck.

And as for free trade removing merchants, perhaps you don't remember the Third Age merchants in the pre-GE era. Free trade still existed, but it was impossible to obtain third age without paying the arbitrary, enormous price that the small group of richest-of-the-rich players decided on, since they controlled the entire supply of it. That's what will happen with these items, regardless of free trade or not.

td2sig.jpg

Why exactly can Bob recharge ancient powerful bows.

It's because he CAN. He's Bob.

+1

Ilol'd

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Did anyone else twig the connection of bob repairs Barrows. Bob also repairs new Zarosian/Mahjaratt armours.

Implication is armours are similar.

Ergo further support for the theory (based on lores) that Siliske is the one who made the Barrows armour and gave it to the brothers to curse them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Did anyone else twig the connection of bob repairs Barrows. Bob also repairs new Zarosian/Mahjaratt armours.

Ergo further support for the theory (based on lores) that Siliske is the one who made the Barrows armour and gave it to the brothers to curse them.

So you could say that Sliske is a master craftsman/smith?

Maybe Bob = Sliske because he can repair these items when they have been so terribly mangled as to be unrecognizable?

Now I have a question, what kind of drops can be expected from the KC room?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

So you're implying Bob is Sliske....

Sure, why not. :P

Now I have a question, what kind of drops can be expected from the KC room?

I heard the mage's drop the Ancient Ceremonial Items (The cosmetic items that were talked about).

Barrows armor were brought from the last of the East, according to the lore on the RS website. It is also hinted that the gravekeeper at the barrow's site is the one who gave them the armors.

crossed_body.png

WOW... if your going to copy WOW then copy it all the way.

That means drops should be non-tradeable.

This is like a gift to the non-players and is going to be RWT money for 2011+.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Barrows armor were brought from the last of the East, according to the lore on the RS website. It is also hinted that the gravekeeper at the barrow's site is the one who gave them the armors.

Er where exactly is this hinted?

Nowhere in the lore does it mention the East in that context.

It speaks of the brothers from Misthalin (varrock region) heading on a campaign east of the river into the dark lands (river salve and morytanina)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Er where exactly is this hinted?

Nowhere in the lore does it mention the East in that context.

It speaks of the brothers from Misthalin (varrock region) heading on a campaign east of the river into the dark lands (river salve and morytanina)

"His long years had taken him to many distant lands where he had collected much arcane knowledge and many artefacts of value and strength, and it was those very weapons and armours he had given them"

He didn't create the armour sets.

crossed_body.png

Not sure what's been stated so far but here's some suspected drops atm:

Dragon boots (5)

Onyx bolts (e) (250)

Herbs (50 noted)

Super Restore (4) (30 noted)

Charms (20)

4k pure ess

RSW list of drops

Not sure what's been stated so far but here's some suspected drops atm:

Dragon boots (5)

Onyx bolts (e) (250)

Herbs (50 noted)

Super Restore (4) (30 noted)

Charms (20)

4k pure ess

RSW list of drops

I wouldn't trust anything on that page too seriously tbh, I've seen people putting up non-existent drops all day

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

frozenkey.png

Got my key finally. Started with Armadyl, wasn't too bad getting that part. Next was Bandos, that part was a pain in the ass. Then Zammorak, very easy, just killed a few imps. Last was Saradomin, again easy. Time to go see what Nex is all about. :thumbsup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

<image>

Got my key finally. Started with Armadyl, wasn't too bad getting that part. Next was Bandos, that part was a pain in the ass. Then Zammorak, very easy, just killed a few imps. Last was Saradomin, again easy. Time to go see what Nex is all about. :thumbsup:

I managed to get my bandos on the first kill, zammy took over 50, sara took 10, and armadyl took 40

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Someone Ruby Spec her.

500/30k damage and she's pissed right now :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted