10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Are cannons allowed in the prison? If so, I'd say, position one at each mage and when she loses enough hp to let you kill a mage, activate the cannon at the mage that should go down in the best order (fumus-umbra-cruor-glacies). Due to the distances and Nex teleing around, whenever a mage is down, let the cannon positioned there keep on running for whenever she passes by there. Possibly a fifth in the middle of the cross arena.

Now watch how cannons aren't allowed...

No cannons in gwd... ;)

But there is a bank there now.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are cannons allowed in the prison? If so, I'd say, position one at each mage and when she loses enough hp to let you kill a mage, activate the cannon at the mage that should go down in the best order (fumus-umbra-cruor-glacies). Due to the distances and Nex teleing around, whenever a mage is down, let the cannon positioned there keep on running for whenever she passes by there. Possibly a fifth in the middle of the cross arena.

No cannons in gwd... ;)

But that doesn't mean you can set it up does it?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

No cannons in gwd... ;)

But that doesn't mean you can set it up does it?

Nope you can't I tested it

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So...as we have all seen in videos, range seems to be the consensus best to kill nex(and melee for minions), but we don't yet know what the best equipment for it is... Crossbows seem most common, but hand cannon, too should get consideration with superior damage and range, countered by the ability to use a shield and have a higher range attack bonus(chaotic xbow). Then there is a question if void should be used, or if the superior range attack bonus and life boosting gives Pernix the edge. Another question is what prayerbook should you use. For most ranging purposes, rigour is better for damage, but for high defense, the leeches really shine. If leeches work fully on nex(haven't seen confirmation about full 10% bonus yet), it's likely a another strength vs. accuracy question. Overall, the best setup is likely a good compromise between the two.

to sum up:

Equipment for ranged strength:

Rigour

Elite Void range

Hand cannon

Equipment for ranged accuracy:

Leech ranged

Pernix (Armadyl)

Chaotic crossbow(diamond/rune/ruby bolts)

Any sightings about this, anyone?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Elite void deflector, Pernix/Armadyl top, ccbow with diamonds. That's my guess for people w/o divine. (switching to void melee helm + rapier for mages).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, I've been looking for a reason to quit this game, but I always enjoyed it too much. I now have my reason.... Was getting killcount so I could go check out Nex, doin fine and just killing the ancient mages (they drop noted grimy torstols btw, I got 4 of them in 34 killcount) when suddenly "Connection Lost". Damnit.... Spam to log back in, keep getting "You're account has not logged out from its last session" or whatever that message is. Finally get back into the game and I'm sitting in Falador, no claws, no rapier..... Oh, and no key to get myself back in there. (It took me over an hour earlier to get the damn thing in the first place). I absolutely despise dungeoneering, so I won't be getting that rapier back ever. In fact, I'm completely done with this game for good now. It was a good time while it lasted. Good bye to all my friends on here. I'm going to go smoke a bowl and chill out, try to forget that I spent 3 weeks of my life getting that rapier only to lose it to a faulty connection.

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

Why on earth would you bring all that stuff down there on a fresh update...

I have lost everything before.. take a few months off you will be fine.

Fools_Taco.png

What I am interested in is how many kills do people average now per trip. Are you lucky to get 1 or 2 or is 5+ possible?

Also I was thinking there might be some familiars which might be of good help. For example I quite succesfully used spirit kyatt's special attack against Nomad, would that be a viable option for nex? And what about steel titan's ranged attacks? Staying there longer seems what everybody is aiming for with the yaks but maybe some combat focussed familiars are the way to get (much) quicker kills?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Hmm. Did a 7 man trip with swh's yesterday.

Seems to me that the best team set up is to have 1-2 meleers but the rest ranging.

Maybe this is only true with swh, but melee does seem to have a higher dps. The issue is that all his area attacks get worse if everyone is piling on him at close range, and you lose rounds of combat when she runs around if you don't have range. The boss certainly isn't all that bad. Little risk of ko if you know what you're doing.

Very fun too imo.

So...as we have all seen in videos, range seems to be the consensus best to kill nex(and melee for minions), but we don't yet know what the best equipment for it is... Crossbows seem most common, but hand cannon, too should get consideration with superior damage and range, countered by the ability to use a shield and have a higher range attack bonus(chaotic xbow). Then there is a question if void should be used, or if the superior range attack bonus and life boosting gives Pernix the edge. Another question is what prayerbook should you use. For most ranging purposes, rigour is better for damage, but for high defense, the leeches really shine. If leeches work fully on nex(haven't seen confirmation about full 10% bonus yet), it's likely a another strength vs. accuracy question. Overall, the best setup is likely a good compromise between the two.

to sum up:

Equipment for ranged strength:

Rigour

Elite Void range

Hand cannon

Equipment for ranged accuracy:

Leech ranged

Pernix (Armadyl)

Chaotic crossbow(diamond/rune/ruby bolts)

Any sightings about this, anyone?

I haven't personally tried Nex yet but in general terms of boss killing with teams it's enough if 1 person uses leeches and rest use rigour against boss. Although in case this leecher (in positive meaning) dies it'd probably be good to have another player on curses as well.

About weapon.. Most likely the new Zaryte bow is designed to work wonders here but of course it'll take a long while before everyone doing nex has it. (Remember how long it took for Bandos teams to require AGS or even Godsword for people to join teams). But before it.. I'd say hand cannon. Shields don't seem to do wonders there what I have seen in videos and if i wasn't completely wrong the range of hand cannon is pretty useful. Requires quite high fm level to be trustable enough, though.

to get key am i on really bad luck? or am i doing something wrong

considering im going for 99 slayer im only getting keys through spirit mage tasks

ive had 2 spirit mages since the update first i went zammy got key in 56th kill

then went bandos and finished my task with no key there so left with only 1 piece

second task i stayed at sara killing the sara mages that attk the zammy creatures and got 0 parts so out of the 200 i had to kill i got no key piece

is this bad luck or am i doing something wrong haha?

im now on my 3rd spirit mage task doing sara again

tenebri.png

considering im going for 99 slayer im only getting keys through spirit mage tasks

then went bandos and finished my task with no key there so left with only 1 piece

second task i stayed at sara killing the sara mages that attk the zammy creatures and got 0 parts so out of the 200 i had to kill i got no key piece

Kill things inside the strongholds. If that doesn't work you're out of luck.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Kill things inside the strongholds. If that doesn't work you're out of luck.

oooh okay thanks

i shall try my best

sara part got lol

tenebri.png

I haven't personally tried Nex yet but in general terms of boss killing with teams it's enough if 1 person uses leeches and rest use rigour against boss. Although in case this leecher (in positive meaning) dies it'd probably be good to have another player on curses as well.

About weapon.. Most likely the new Zaryte bow is designed to work wonders here but of course it'll take a long while before everyone doing nex has it. (Remember how long it took for Bandos teams to require AGS or even Godsword for people to join teams). But before it.. I'd say hand cannon. Shields don't seem to do wonders there what I have seen in videos and if i wasn't completely wrong the range of hand cannon is pretty useful. Requires quite high fm level to be trustable enough, though.

It's great that you made the godsword analogy as it damn well describes the new bow.

And well, i agree that defense seems pointless unless it's a divine, thus anyone without a divine(most people) will likely be using void and rigour, along with either ccbow(if they have one) or hand cannons(with 99 fm). If the added lp affects brewing/unicorn healing properties, full pernix, divine, ccbow(diamond bolts) and shadow cloak along with (yak to uni)unicorn might become the new staple of elite MH-ing, possibly getting 3-4 kills on 3-5 people teams, or even solo kills.

Has anyone tried steel titan on her? if so, how does that work(i'm guessin badly, mostly because she moves around so much)?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

problem with zaros boss? send in the tipit pros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Xhwkjxc9A

and yes the death was grimy

we will do 5 man and 4 man, and possibly even trio nexing in future (trio nexing is possible with swh and amazing reaver killing)

sub to keep updated on killing methods

Gj. Seems to be easier in smaller teams actually. Less chaos, you can she what she's doing, etc.

How are you guys avoiding her running attack (when she run's through, and hits everyone on her path). Just spread out? (one guy on every direction)

And 10 min for KC seems really fast, is that LS'ing together? Or what monster do you kill (I did rangers, but it didn't seem *that* fast). Perhaps with steel titan.

And My Eggs, I was nearly in the same situation man. Well, not really, but I died there too. Luckily I realised I only had one key and in a brilliant moment I thought of yakking it home. So happy I did that.

avoiding her fly just invovles staying out of middle, 1 reason in ranging

ive actauly done kc in 6 minutes (maybe 10 counting banking running back rebanking etc) basicly just steel titan and stand in middle killing the 4 reaver spawns, and the mage if he spawns. reavers hit you possible more, but they are realy low def and hp so die fast

i believe if your def rating is below a certain number npcs of that style will attack you, but if its all above a certain value they wont

because of this those mages will prob never unagro you, however you can get the rangers and meleers to unagro you thru good def

i did get enough mage def for reavers to unagro me, and still have rangers and meleers stay off tho, i had karils net helm drag defender fury etc

however other factors go into your def rating, this includes steel titan boost i have, and it also includes turmoil

for exmaple my setup is below the rating normaly, but when i turmoil its above so they stay away, so if i have turm on im fine, but if it ever drops they pile me

theyre realy smart, attack the weak and pile. so keep yourself balanced and high def for kc and turmoil

hope this helped

a_final_name.png

Corp has 4 unique drops worth 1.2B total

She has 10 unique drops worth 1.3B at the moment.

2 of corps sigils rose 5-6x from original price and 2 are about same price as when released,if something same happens to Nex she will be crazy money.

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Mod_chris_l.png

Mod Chris L doesn't look happy.

Is that a torva helm? Looks like a gorilla's head.

An ugly gorilla.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Healing aura description from KB: " Heals up to 15% of your life points"

Does this mean that while you are wearing full set of new armour boosting your lifepoints to 1490 you also get 223 lifepoints per unicorn scroll used instead of what it normally gives?

Healing aura description from KB: " Heals up to 15% of your life points"

Does this mean that while you are wearing full set of new armour boosting your lifepoints to 1490 you also get 223 lifepoints per unicorn scroll used instead of what it normally gives?

990 + 400 = 1490?