10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

So what exactly drops the ceremonial mage robes?

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zaros mages.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Zaros mages.

Any suggestions on the best way to kill them? Thinking of camping for a set.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

The godsword was created during the god wars, and the gwd was only one of many places where battle took place. And it seems strange that Sliske knows that much about Guthix since Guthix leaved in the first age and the mahjarrat came in the second. Jagex should be more consistent when making up new stuff.

namnlskopia.jpg

I'm fairly sure Guthix left some traces of himself, and of all Mahjarrat Sliske is probably one of the best at finding out secrets.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So Nex has been 4 manned, idk if it has been posted already, but the person was using veracs, which I had not thought of using until this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6BWPr9MtM&feature=player_embedded

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Zaros mages.

I would recommend not bothering. There are only 3 Ancient Mages in the entire room, spread out, with slow spawns. Also, normally, Nex teams spread out for KC - the room doesn't have enough monsters to sustain 5+ people getting killcount fast so they tend to spread out a lot. These people (including myself) tend to go in there with Turmoil, Overloads, and a Steel Titan, and kill the Ancient Mages between Bloodreaver kills, since they tend to drop Torstols and potions.

If you really want to kill them, your best bet is to either focus on melee / range defense and camp the northern spot, or find a hybrid set that keeps the Reavers off (the Reavers hang around in the southern part of the room, very close to two of the spawns). But you're really better off just making money and buying the pieces of the set, since they're not really all that rare. They'll be affordable soon enough.

Zaros mages.

I would recommend not bothering. There are only 3 Ancient Mages in the entire room, spread out, with slow spawns. Also, normally, Nex teams spread out for KC - the room doesn't have enough monsters to sustain 5+ people getting killcount fast so they tend to spread out a lot. These people (including myself) tend to go in there with Turmoil, Overloads, and a Steel Titan, and kill the Ancient Mages between Bloodreaver kills, since they tend to drop Torstols and potions.

If you really want to kill them, your best bet is to either focus on melee / range defense and camp the northern spot, or find a hybrid set that keeps the Reavers off (the Reavers hang around in the southern part of the room, very close to two of the spawns). But you're really better off just making money and buying the pieces of the set, since they're not really all that rare. They'll be affordable soon enough.

Alright thanks.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I was going to get 80 def a possibly buy this armour once it starts to sell in ge but I hate armour that degrades, witch makes me think that its not gunna be as popular and the bandos isn't going to crash even worse, everyone I talked to says bandos is going to crash bad, but I don't think it will just for the fact that the new armour last 10 hrs before you have to spend like 2m to fix it. Personally I don't like that, that why I don't like barrows, only barrows I use is ahrims for acients.

dark_zero288.png

,eh, i don't see why everyone is making such a fuss over degrading armour, we've lived with barrows for years :P and chaotics last more than 10 hrs, my raspier generally lasts 20-30 hrs of slayer.

meamzed.png

,eh, i don't see why everyone is making such a fuss over degrading armour, we've lived with barrows for years :P and chaotics last more than 10 hrs, my raspier generally lasts 20-30 hrs of slayer.

It is because how degrading works: it has a certain "game ticks" in which it can be in combat. - In combat it counts if in that game tick you are attacked, or if you are attacking in that game tick.

So with the speed of rapiers (1 hit in 3 game ticks) .. and general monsters (also 1 hit in 3 game ticks at most) you'll easily be looking only being half the time in combat. (This also means that multi-combat cannoning is bad for the rapier, and I personally never take rapier when cannoning at places such as dagganoth).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Normal speed is 4 ticks ;-). How do the new armours degrade though?

Normal speed is 4 ticks ;-).

Semantics!

Then they came for me

I wonder if the new armor degrades faster in multi like chaotics, that might make the recharge cost more of a pain for some bosses.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I personally do not care at all about degrading, and use my chaotics everywhere including dags while I cannon.

Looking forward to eventually owning the new armours.

But comparing chaotic weaponry to the new armour does not make sense.

Using chaotics when cannoning dag kings actually gives you MORE profit per hour because of increased kills per hour than the whip. However this new armour does not increase offensive capabilities at all meaning that you are spending x amount of money for defensive capabilities. It will not give you any more profit than using bandos would, and since you can survive and dks/basically any other boss until you are bored, I see little incentive to use this armour outside of Nex/pvp.

I personally do not care at all about degrading, and use my chaotics everywhere including dags while I cannon.

Using chaotics when cannoning dag kings actually gives you MORE profit per hour because of increased kills per hour than the whip. However this new armour does not increase offensive capabilities at all meaning that you are spending x amount of money for defensive capabilities. It will not give you any more profit than using bandos would, and since you can survive and dks/basically any other boss until you are bored, I see little incentive to use this armour outside of Nex/pvp.

Ironic, huh? I figured that because this update was essentially designed to reduce the power creep in PvP, Jagex would make it fairly accessible. Nope.

td2sig.jpg

I mean for lighthouse dags :P

I understand that they won't be good in any place we can already survive.

However, if the armours DO increase the amount that brews/unicorns heal... then I think we will see some places that will newly become very survivable. Solo bandos/arma healing only with unicorn perhaps? Load up on super prayers and solo for hours...

I'm fairly sure the new armors will give you more of an edge than divine currently does for alot of bosses, primarily Nex, corp, graar and kril. The fact that brews and uni heals more means you can do much longer trips, and the added defense isn't anything to discount either(almost 1.5 times the stats compared to bandos for torva). What i'm most interested in, however, is how the prices of the relative armors pan out- the mage armor actually looks the best relative to other armors as the second best before it was also degradable- ahrims. Pernix, too, looks extremely good, particularly as it'll likely be the armor to use to kill Nex. Torva, however, doesn't look all that good to me- offensively it's as good as bandos, and there aren't many places where you need the extra healing with melee.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I wonder if the new armor degrades faster in multi like chaotics, that might make the recharge cost more of a pain for some bosses.

Also barrows degrade faster in multi: it's because of the game mechanics.

In "multi" every game tick, the games sees you in combat with something.

Then they came for me