10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Healing aura description from KB: " Heals up to 15% of your life points"

Does this mean that while you are wearing full set of new armour boosting your lifepoints to 1490 you also get 223 lifepoints per unicorn scroll used instead of what it normally gives?

990 + 400 = 1490?

Made it on purpose! For real!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healing aura description from KB: " Heals up to 15% of your life points"

Does this mean that while you are wearing full set of new armour boosting your lifepoints to 1490 you also get 223 lifepoints per unicorn scroll used instead of what it normally gives?

990 + 400 = 1490?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm curious for proof of this 15% damage boost for Pernix and Virtus armor is true as well, really. How high would the potential damage boost go then? o.o

Of course, there's also the question of what it's stackable with in terms of other gear... very curious.

It's a shame I don't have the cash to afford anything (for good reason, considering the stats), or the stats/internet connection necessary to join a team to attempt this boss. Guess I'll have to sit on the sidelines and wait till it either drops in price, or I earn enough cash to buy a set straight up.

I'd love to see some confirmation on the Pernix/Virtus sets having the set effect for boosted damage, though. One would need a screenie of the whole set equipped to see it, wouldn't they? Or would it be an invisible boost and can only be shown through experimenting with and without the sets? If anyone has spotted a screenie or a thread with info stating if the boosts exist or not, I'd love to see it, lol.

Also, if there's a set effect for Pernix/Virtus, it would be logical (to maintain some similarity) for Torvas to have a similar set effect, but I'm unsure how proper it would be gameplay wise.

Apologies if my post is jumbled, I'm a wee bit tired right now :P not to mention highly curious.

In other news, dialup and World 2 don't mix. Went on thinking it'd be the best place to spot the new armors, and I get about a 4x4 square around me that actually shows people. Rest of GE? Blank. Awesome >_>

Link_Olaran.png

After doing some research, it appears +150 magic defense gains you immunity for that combat style.

EDIT: Confirmed it Needs to be above 200 range and melee def.

The setup below keeps me protected from everything except the higher level mages.

11-01-11140810.png

The only thing that appears to be 100% aggressive is mages. They might possibly need 200 mage def to become un-aggressive? Perhaps they are always aggressive no matter what?

I'm curious for proof of this 15% damage boost for Pernix and Virtus armor is true as well, really. How high would the potential damage boost go then? o.o

Of course, there's also the question of what it's stackable with in terms of other gear... very curious.

It's a shame I don't have the cash to afford anything (for good reason, considering the stats), or the stats/internet connection necessary to join a team to attempt this boss. Guess I'll have to sit on the sidelines and wait till it either drops in price, or I earn enough cash to buy a set straight up.

I'd love to see some confirmation on the Pernix/Virtus sets having the set effect for boosted damage, though. One would need a screenie of the whole set equipped to see it, wouldn't they? Or would it be an invisible boost and can only be shown through experimenting with and without the sets? If anyone has spotted a screenie or a thread with info stating if the boosts exist or not, I'd love to see it, lol.

Also, if there's a set effect for Pernix/Virtus, it would be logical (to maintain some similarity) for Torvas to have a similar set effect, but I'm unsure how proper it would be gameplay wise.

Apologies if my post is jumbled, I'm a wee bit tired right now :P not to mention highly curious.

In other news, dialup and World 2 don't mix. Went on thinking it'd be the best place to spot the new armors, and I get about a 4x4 square around me that actually shows people. Rest of GE? Blank. Awesome >_>

Have you been reading RSWiki again?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Yeah Cheefoo, I read the Wiki for that info. I won't believe it's actual fact till I see more evidence from other sources though. I'm at least that smart, lol :P I know the Wiki isn't 100% accurate (and less so this early on for newly released stuff), but it still raises questions. It still might be legit.

Sole reason I was asking is because a friend was badgering me to find out, since she didn't have access to a computer at the time.

Regardless, I'm curious if there's any sort of hidden bonus that wasn't listed in the Knowledge Base (either by accident or design).

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, the way the killcount mobs function with defence bonuses and it affecting their aggressiveness, I think that was an awesome idea - it's far more... I'm unsure, accurate, than using god items to protect yourself, or the 'combat level x2 +1 = no aggro' function. Unsure if that came out right, but I think you get the idea.

In addition, left click attacking higher level creatures is good. Make it more common with mobs already in the game >.> it'd make it easier for me to kill things (metal drags, etc), that's for sure :P

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

After doing some research, it appears +150 of each defense level gains you immunity for that combat style (or possibly +200 in melee/ranged stats).

The setup below keeps me protected from everything except the higher level mages.

The only thing that appears to be 100% aggressive is mages. They might possibly need 200 mage def to become un-aggressive? Perhaps they are always aggressive no matter what?

Well...the max mage def in game should be around 232(with full Pernix) so getting over 200 shouldn't be that hard...(201 is max with karils).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

After doing some research, it appears +150 of each defense level gains you immunity for that combat style (or possibly +200 in melee/ranged stats).

Well...the max mage def in game should be around 232(with full Pernix) so getting over 200 shouldn't be that hard...(201 is max with karils).

Yeah but can you get enough melee and range def too to have the others remain unagressive.

I had some great Nex last night. :shades:

It's much better with a group than solo, everything runs a lot more smoothly if you're using decent gear, as long as you keep it from becoming a giant cluster-

Yea, i'm finished.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah but can you get enough melee and range def too to have the others remain unagressive.

If you defer from the max mage def setup by switching to onyx ring and bandos boots, you'll have (stab/slash/crush/mage/range/summoning) 221/204/254/225/207/226 equipment defense, and i'm guessing that because there are four monsters they all work based on four different defensive stats(the usual ones and summoning).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I had some great Nex last night. :shades:

It's much better with a group than solo, everything runs a lot more smoothly if you're using decent gear, as long as you keep it from becoming a giant cluster-

Yea, i'm finished.

:thumbsup:

On-topic, I do think Jagex did a good job with Nex. She is very challenging and has some great sound effects both with her attacks and voice acting.

td2sig.jpg

I believe the monsters in the Ancient Prison is aggresive based on your defensive stats of your armour. For example, if you got a +200 defensive stat in ranged, the rangers would stop being aggresive. I'm not sure at what limit this is yet, but I believe it is at +200 against the monsters attack style to stop it from being agressive.

gifanim.gif

Anyone have a bit of the Lore from the banker? I heard she gives quite a bit.

I did read it all but there's quite a bit of text.

Basically, when Nex was awakened during the God wars, it is revealed that Sliske tricked the ghost and other followers of Guthix into believing a ritual they would perform would summon Guthix. Instead, it released Nex.

When you ask the ghost what happened to Sliske, she says that he was never seen again after Nex was sealed by the four armies and simply vanished.

Sylpheed.png

I believe the monsters in the Ancient Prison is aggresive based on your defensive stats of your armour. For example, if you got a +200 defensive stat in ranged, the rangers would stop being aggresive. I'm not sure at what limit this is yet, but I believe it is at +200 against the monsters attack style to stop it from being agressive.

that and I think potion boosts and prayer boosts seem to play a role too.

Sometimes I would have a friend turn off turmoil and immediately see rangers start piling him.

So perhaps it's your invisible defense rating, that factors in level, prayer bonus, and defensive armor stats.

Naaxi.png

that and I think potion boosts and prayer boosts seem to play a role too.

Sometimes I would have a friend turn off turmoil and immediately see rangers start piling him.

So perhaps it's your invisible defense rating, that factors in level, prayer bonus, and defensive armor stats.

Iiiinteresting! That makes the overload thing make a lot more sense.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png