10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Well, I've been looking for a reason to quit this game, but I always enjoyed it too much. I now have my reason.... Was getting killcount so I could go check out Nex, doin fine and just killing the ancient mages (they drop noted grimy torstols btw, I got 4 of them in 34 killcount) when suddenly "Connection Lost". Damnit.... Spam to log back in, keep getting "You're account has not logged out from its last session" or whatever that message is. Finally get back into the game and I'm sitting in Falador, no claws, no rapier..... Oh, and no key to get myself back in there. (It took me over an hour earlier to get the damn thing in the first place). I absolutely despise dungeoneering, so I won't be getting that rapier back ever. In fact, I'm completely done with this game for good now. It was a good time while it lasted. Good bye to all my friends on here. I'm going to go smoke a bowl and chill out, try to forget that I spent 3 weeks of my life getting that rapier only to lose it to a faulty connection.

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

Bye - I've lost lots before too but it is a game afterall. I'm sure when you've let some time pass and the anger of the loss wears off you'll return.

Low_C.png

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been looking for a reason to quit this game, but I always enjoyed it too much. I now have my reason.... Was getting killcount so I could go check out Nex, doin fine and just killing the ancient mages (they drop noted grimy torstols btw, I got 4 of them in 34 killcount) when suddenly "Connection Lost". Damnit.... Spam to log back in, keep getting "You're account has not logged out from its last session" or whatever that message is. Finally get back into the game and I'm sitting in Falador, no claws, no rapier..... Oh, and no key to get myself back in there. (It took me over an hour earlier to get the damn thing in the first place). I absolutely despise dungeoneering, so I won't be getting that rapier back ever. In fact, I'm completely done with this game for good now. It was a good time while it lasted. Good bye to all my friends on here. I'm going to go smoke a bowl and chill out, try to forget that I spent 3 weeks of my life getting that rapier only to lose it to a faulty connection.

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

Bye. You probably don't know who I am, but I was in your friends list a long time ago believe it or not while your name was "baby koopa".

I still remember you giving me torags set before you left which was very kind of you btw. :thumbsup:

Anyways. You'll come back. That's all I have to say.

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

See you in a couple days

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

I heard ring of life is underated for pros.

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

Bye. You probably don't know who I am, but I was in your friends list a long time ago believe it or not while your name was "baby koopa".

I still remember you giving me torags set before you left which was very kind of you btw. :thumbsup:

Anyways. You'll come back. That's all I have to say.

Haha, wow man, that was a LONG time ago, I haven't been Baby Koopa for a while :P I remember you though. Thanks for the support guys, but honestly, I don't think I'm coming back. Will probably give my fury, fury kit, BCP, 10m, and other random stuff I have to a real life friend of mine when free trade comes back. If I have stuff on the account, I know I will come back to it at some point, so I'm getting rid of it all. Only things I'll leave on there are my 65 Dragon defenders, 15 KBD Heads, and my Abby Demon Head. :lol:

Edit: Oh, and I'll leave the 3 untrimmed HP capes there too.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

>

Not mine but it looks real to me...

[bleep]ing hoarders, how do they work? :rolleyes:

On a positive note, it seems the drops from this boss are fairly common, so that's something Jagex did right for once. :-)

Perhaps the ceremonial pieces are (from minions), but they're cosmetic and not worth very much. There were very few posted/a-logged drops today, either because everyone was still learning or because it takes a long time to kill. Even if they are common, this boss consumes a lot of money - key recharges, full inventories of supplies, etc. I'd say the profits will be enormous as the GE prices of the new items rise, but it will probably be even worse than corp in terms of guaranteed return and time investment for a profit.

But in all, I'd rather have this hard boss with lots of free worlds than an easy boss with no free worlds!

2496 Completionist

it takes 10 mins for zaros KC.

it takes 12-20 mins for a kill, varying greatly depending on skill and # of players.

for a team of 5 pro players, we're talking about a kill every half hour.

I just can't see Nex being profitable unless the items rise a ridiculous amount, or there are tricks to Nexing that we simply do not know of.

bleh, i feel pretty pessimistic but i really should save my thoughts and wait a week to see how the metagame progresses.

Naaxi.png

Over time people will figure out the optimal amount of people and the best strategies to kill. I can see kill time getting under 10 minutes for pro teams easily.

I agree, I mostly see the ability to kill a second nex in 1 trip, and the ~10 mins it takes to get KC to be the primary limitations.

perhaps we'll see mass cannoning of zaros for lootshare KC.

but regardless I don't see the kill rate ever going past 6 per hour.

Naaxi.png

Full torva + divine :o

Won't be getting this anytime soon unless I get some lap but if bcp/tassets crash im gonna buy

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

problem with zaros boss? send in the tipit pros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Xhwkjxc9A

and yes the death was grimy

we will do 5 man and 4 man, and possibly even trio nexing in future (trio nexing is possible with swh and amazing reaver killing)

sub to keep updated on killing methods

a_final_name.png

problem with zaros boss? send in the tipit pros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Xhwkjxc9A

and yes the death was grimy

we will do 5 man and 4 man, and possibly even trio nexing in future (trio nexing is possible with swh and amazing reaver killing)

sub to keep updated on killing methods

o you fancy, huh?

77yLQy8.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MQ475rfCM

Part of our first 6-man trip, 1.95 kills (got past SS stage)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Over time people will figure out the optimal amount of people and the best strategies to kill. I can see kill time getting under 10 minutes for pro teams easily.

I agree, I mostly see the ability to kill a second nex in 1 trip, and the ~10 mins it takes to get KC to be the primary limitations.

perhaps we'll see mass cannoning of zaros for lootshare KC.

but regardless I don't see the kill rate ever going past 6 per hour.

But look at all the loots people have been getting. It may only be 6 kills an hour, but it seems like the loots could have fairly decent drop ratios (maybe 1 in 50/100, impressive compared to the 1 in 300ish of the other GWD bosses).

There can't have been more than a few of hundred kills on Nex, and there are already a good number of bows/armour pieces that have been bought or seen around ingame.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I have a feeling that after a while, Zaryte Bow and full Pernix might become a requirement for doing Nex in high leveled clans.

Though I would say we would still have a year or so before it comes to that.

I also wonder how this will affect other bosses. If Saradomin brews heal more, it will drastically effect how long you can last against General Graardor. Commander Zilyana might become easier now that you have a higher max amount of hitpoints, and you can heal somewhere close to sharks.

And if the armour becomes soulbound, then I really wonder how it will affect prices, and combat etc. Might make the armour pieces 500m+ per, because they can't really "cycle" through users.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Personally, I thought the life boost would only be +200 life points. Pleasantly suprised they made it as high as they did. Seeing that the full set boosts life points +400, any speculation Jagex will later release lower level armor that boosts life points. A full level 70 set that boost +300, a level 60 set that boosts +200 and a level 50 set that could boost +100?

Could be a cool upgrade/option for when Jagex upgrades the smithing skill. Personally, I like the idea of players with 98 in smithing, mining, firemaking and crafting being able to make full Obsidian armor which also boosts life points to +200.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Got my hands on full ceremonial. :)

FullCeremonial.png

There's a neat, short emote using particles if you have all 5 pieces.

Emote2.png

Emote1.png

looks nice, shame it doesn't have any mage stats :thumbup:

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

[hide]

YES I'M MAD BRO [/hide]

I've not bothered with going... Figured I'd just buy the armor pieces but... Is it possible to get more then one key? I'd be stashing up on those before going. :P.

09144a99bb.png