10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

problem with zaros boss? send in the tipit pros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Xhwkjxc9A

and yes the death was grimy

we will do 5 man and 4 man, and possibly even trio nexing in future (trio nexing is possible with swh and amazing reaver killing)

sub to keep updated on killing methods

Gj. Seems to be easier in smaller teams actually. Less chaos, you can she what she's doing, etc.

How are you guys avoiding her running attack (when she run's through, and hits everyone on her path). Just spread out? (one guy on every direction)

And 10 min for KC seems really fast, is that LS'ing together? Or what monster do you kill (I did rangers, but it didn't seem *that* fast). Perhaps with steel titan.

And My Eggs, I was nearly in the same situation man. Well, not really, but I died there too. Luckily I realised I only had one key and in a brilliant moment I thought of yakking it home. So happy I did that.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

problem with zaros boss? send in the tipit pros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Xhwkjxc9A

and yes the death was grimy

we will do 5 man and 4 man, and possibly even trio nexing in future (trio nexing is possible with swh and amazing reaver killing)

sub to keep updated on killing methods

Gj. Seems to be easier in smaller teams actually. Less chaos, you can she what she's doing, etc.

How are you guys avoiding her running attack (when she run's through, and hits everyone on her path). Just spread out? (one guy on every direction)

And 10 min for KC seems really fast, is that LS'ing together? Or what monster do you kill (I did rangers, but it didn't seem *that* fast). Perhaps with steel titan.

And My Eggs, I was nearly in the same situation man. Well, not really, but I died there too. Luckily I realised I only had one key and in a brilliant moment I thought of yakking it home. So happy I did that.

Stay out of the middle, hardest part of the fight is the team stopping to attack nex when she says.

"A Siphon will solve this" or "Fill my lungs with blood"

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

So according to the RSOF, once you degrade the new items for the first time they essentially become soul-bound. They become untradeable and there is no way to make them tradeable again, even if you repair them. Not sure what to think of that.

Degrade them fully or degrade them slightly by going into combat? If fully, it's 100% lie.

Not sure what you're saying.

Also, it costs 10K per %, or 1m for a full repair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

It's a bug. If repaired it should get tradeable again.

This will get fixed:

QFC: 17-18-299-62157528 - Page 15

Hi there,

A fix will be deployed shortly to make these items tradeable again once repaired.

~ MMH ~

So according to the RSOF, once you degrade the new items for the first time they essentially become soul-bound. They become untradeable and there is no way to make them tradeable again, even if you repair them. Not sure what to think of that.

Degrade them fully or degrade them slightly by going into combat? If fully, it's 100% lie.

Not sure what you're saying.

Also, it costs 10K per %, or 1m for a full repair. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

It's a bug. If repaired it should get tradeable again.

This will get fixed:

QFC: 17-18-299-62157528 - Page 15

Hi there,

A fix will be deployed shortly to make these items tradeable again once repaired.

~ MMH ~

Actually wish they wouldn't fix that, sort of makes the armour exclusive to the person and somewhat promotes the selling of spares to other people.

on Cruor (Mage South-East) I understand how the heal mechanic works, sharing it if you're as slow as me.

When she's in the summoning animation (bent down not attacking) it means what you were going to hit on her heals her, say if you were going to hit a 243, when she's in this crouched stage you will heal her a 243.

I hope this helps with Crour (blood-mage) ;)

God damn A-levels, or I'd be out there right now! :c

I don't think this is as ground breaking as people are making it out to be, all bosses are hard the first few days, but with new strategies. they become a lot easier.

I want to know more about the zaros immunity though.

So, has anyone actually tested out the new bow yet? Curious how it compares to rune x'bow + addy bolts specifically, for cannoning black demon tasks, wether it would actually make a noticeable difference or not. Doubtful it would make a 60m+ upkeep worth of difference, but hey. :P

Also, glad to see torva doesn't have better offensive bonuses than bandos, meaning little has changed slayer-wise..... though i do want that Pernix + Virtus gear now. <3:

Regular prayer book for the boss seems best, leeches and deflects aren't effected so it's eagle eye/rigour time ;)

Yeh it's zaros boss after all, should be logical that curses won't work lol

Drain rate seems lessened to me even with Rigour, might just have not been on normal book for a while though

Whoa, this is amazing, a level 1001 boss in the new Zaros dungeon :blink:

Also, everything in the Zaros dungeon is left-clickable correct? If the boss can be left clicked then everything else there should be as well.

I hope this carries on to everything else.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

for now it's impossible, without the mod Chris L he would've been without food very soon, no doubt some1 will solo nex in the future but not already (even so, woox remains great :P)

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Well, he did have a jagex mod with him to tank for him like half of the time in there. So I would say it's impossible.

That was in Meal's cc just after release, but it doesn't count

Are cannons allowed in the prison? If so, I'd say, position one at each mage and when she loses enough hp to let you kill a mage, activate the cannon at the mage that should go down in the best order (fumus-umbra-cruor-glacies). Due to the distances and Nex teleing around, whenever a mage is down, let the cannon positioned there keep on running for whenever she passes by there. Possibly a fifth in the middle of the cross arena.

Now watch how cannons aren't allowed...

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Are cannons allowed in the prison? If so, I'd say, position one at each mage and when she loses enough hp to let you kill a mage, activate the cannon at the mage that should go down in the best order (fumus-umbra-cruor-glacies). Due to the distances and Nex teleing around, whenever a mage is down, let the cannon positioned there keep on running for whenever she passes by there. Possibly a fifth in the middle of the cross arena.

Now watch how cannons aren't allowed...

No cannons in gwd... ;)

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

If he gets best range wep(new bow?) and new armor for more hp,I bet he can do it

Maybe, maybe not. The problem with soloing her is outlasting it. Even though he got her down to half, he only got to the easy half of the boss, shadow and smoke. Once you step into the Ice and blood section of the boss things will get ALOT harder solo.

Even if you do manage to get past ice (she can freeze and hit at mage distance, which is out of crossbow range) and blood healing her, you still have to deal with soul split at the end, which could prove lethal since you are already low on supplies. SS will not only heal her, but drain your prayer too. So solo is not about not having enough HP to be able to survive her hits, but outlast her healing. Duo *may* be possible, but I don't think solo will ever be possible. At least not with any of the current equipment in game.

If he gets best range wep(new bow?) and new armor for more hp,I bet he can do it

Maybe, maybe not. The problem with soloing her is outlasting it. Even though he got her down to half, he only got to the easy half of the boss, shadow and smoke. Once you step into the Ice and blood section of the boss things will get ALOT harder solo.

Even if you do manage to get past ice and blood healing her, you still have to deal with soul split at the end, which could prove lethal since you are already low on supplies. SS will not onlt heal her, but drain your prayer too. So solo is not about not being able to survive her hits, but outlast her healing. Duo may be possible, but I don't solo will ever be possible. At least not with any of the current equipment in game.

what she/he said

right now, you just can't carry enough resources to kill her on your own

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Looks like Jagex are changing the armor so you can sell it after you used it.. That is bad..

People should be only allowed to own one of each piece. Period. Can't get any more unless you die with yours or alch it. And no relselling either

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well, at the price these armours are at, I can't see them being anything other than new spirit shields, totally unattainable by the majority, having little to no effect on most people's gameplay. however, with the free trade update, that could hopefully change. But for the moment, the armours may as well not exist for most people.

Relax this armor is just to test the life boosting mechanic. It comes into the game nice and slow so if something dosent work it mitigates the damage.

There will most defiantly be a smithing update giving players the ability to create life boosting armor, maby through mods on current armor. Granted its life boosting stats will be lower then this new uber armor but if you want the extra life you have to risk the phat lewtz.

Get some smithing levels now... maby some crafting levels, who knows how they will implement it.

Fools_Taco.png