10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Was on my way to Tds when i saw this...

nex.png

Mages for killcount drops them

I no, I just have not seen a picture of these robes on the thread yet.

In other words: We got a ban hammer in varrock mines. It's jackin yo [censor] bots, slappin yo macros up, tryna ban em, so ya'll need to hide yo scripts, hide yo clicks, and hide yo logs cause they bannin errbody up in here.

8.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the placement of the bank? Do you need KC to access the bank area? Can you leave the frozen door room?

The banker is behind the killcount door; hence the kb news post etc all refer to having a cool off area after u get beyond kill count door and before the boss.

So essentially, I can access a bank in the GWD for 50k? Or, I don't lose my kc when i bank for 50k?

I don't know if it's been figured out yet, but I believe to stop the monsters from attacking you for KC, you need to be wearing a set of armor they are not strong against.

For instance, if you wear a set of bandos armor, the rangers and meleers will not attack you, but the mages still will.

I wore my basic slayer gear (bandos), and was only getting attacked by mages. I havent actually tried it with range or mage gear yet.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I don't know if it's been figured out yet, but I believe to stop the monsters from attacking you for KC, you need to be wearing a set of armor they are not strong against.

For instance, if you wear a set of bandos armor, the rangers and meleers will not attack you, but the mages still will.

I wore my basic slayer gear (bandos), and was only getting attacked by mages. I havent actually tried it with range or mage gear yet.

i think it's based on the weapon ur wielding.

i wore karil top but mages still attacked.

and 30k LP is disappointing.

750 combat levels all in constitution

a 20k LP nex would have been much more lethal.

only 251 combat levels worth of atk/str/def/mage/range

but fast attack rate.

everybody's making out the nex battle like a battle of attrition and proper brewing (and of course dealing with the specs)

and grr my perm team went thru the trouble of setting up a Nex team last night, and they're nowhere to be found lol.

Naaxi.png

How is the placement of the bank? Do you need KC to access the bank area? Can you leave the frozen door room?

The banker is behind the killcount door; hence the kb news post etc all refer to having a cool off area after u get beyond kill count door and before the boss.

So essentially, I can access a bank in the GWD for 50k? Or, I don't lose my kc when i bank for 50k?

First of all, you need 40 zaros KC to access bank. After you enter the bank area your 40 KC is gone. Second of all, once you enter Zaros GWD you can't leave except by teleporting.

So really, the bank is only useful for gearing up before the boss. And given how much of a pain the 40 zaros KC looks to be, and how much resources Nex sucks up, I'm glad there's a bank there.

Jagex said the new armors will change the way we think about combat... But I have to ask, what exactly does this change?

Doesn't change anything unless you are a billionaire.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well, you also need 40 zaros kc to access so it's not really useful.

Rijswijk, monster examine is wrong, I've seen a 740 happening. She has this "special" where she puts off your mage prayer, and then uses a very strong mage attack on you (at least, this is how I think it goes); and here she's really dangerous and hits over 700.

More stuff on her:

When she goes in "shipon mode", you should stop attacking here, cause it seems she adsorbs all the damage and then unleashes it

It seems ranged is the best way to go at her. She runs around way too much to melee efficiently.

People are claiming slayer helm helps against the coughing, but I'm not sure if this is true.

Jagex said the new armors will change the way we think about combat... But I have to ask, what exactly does this change?

Changes the way merchers can look in W2 standing around with the armor. This stuffs going to be more expensive than every piece of 3rd age, kingly, druidic, cosmetic and spirit shield combined. This update must be why they're bringing out free trade if you catch my drift.

I want to see armor that takes skill to get, not no lifing runescapes GE. Whatever happened to that smithing update we were supposed to get...

Hmm, 30000 lp? You sure you took it at the beginning of the fight?

If so, I guess the main reason the boss is so hard is because of an overkill amount of people. Afterall, she uses soul split, blood, and combo attacks. I also recently saw a video with the sound effects, and at one point I saw her go from 1/8th green bar to 1/4th bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EEbTOuUro4

Rijswijk, monster examine is wrong, I've seen a 740 happening. She has this "special" where she puts off your mage prayer, and then uses a very strong mage attack on you (at least, this is how I think it goes); and here she's really dangerous and hits over 700.

Wasn't it proven ages ago tht monster examine only covers melee max hits and ignores mage range and specials

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Erm no?

I clearly said the bank is BEHIND the kill count door.

Not the frozen door, the KILLCOUNT DOOR.

The door you need the kc to enter and lose the kc for entering.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Depends on how common the drops are, I have a feeling they might be more common then we think. I mean, each kill there is a chance for Nex to drop 10 of the new good items. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had a droprate on par with other godwars areas rather then the corp. Given that other Godwars bosses drop at most four uniqe drops, and Nex drops ten, then the chance of getting a drop on any given kill would be the same if the droprate is the same. Especially given the time it takes to bring down Nex, the droprate isn't as likely to be super rare.

Really it is too soon to say, whips used to be only for the most elite and rich at one time, but due to supply and demand they leveled out. I can't see a reason why the huge demand and potential supply will stop Nex from being camped on all worlds for a few months until the drops start decreasing in price. People will develop methods to speed up kills, effective strategies will be found.

Of course they will be expensive, but to assume that they will always only be for billionaires is crazy, given a year to six months I feel the prices will become far more realistic and the new gear will come to have an impact. Especially if free trade comes out and there is no reason to hoard it.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Depends on how common the drops are, I have a feeling they might be more common then we think. I mean, each kill there is a chance for Nex to drop 10 of the new good items. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had a droprate on par with other godwars areas rather then the corp. Given that other Godwars bosses drop at most four uniqe drops, and Nex drops ten, then the chance of getting a drop on any given kill would be the same if the droprate is the same. Especially given the time it takes to bring down Nex, the droprate isn't as likely to be super rare.

Really it is too soon to say, whips used to be only for the most elite and rich at one time, but due to supply and demand they leveled out. I can't see a reason why the huge demand and potential supply will stop Nex from being camped on all worlds for a few months until the drops start decreasing in price. People will develop methods to speed up kills, effective strategies will be found.

Of course they will be expensive, but to assume that they will always only be for billionaires is crazy, given a year to six months I feel the prices will become far more realistic and the new gear will come to have an impact. Especially if free trade comes out and there is no reason to hoard it.

Took the words outta my mouth.

If Jagex intends this to be mainstream equipment and thus change combat odds are drop rate is v good, same as other gwd bosses.

Spirit shields and 3a gear is meant to be elusive and elite hence its highly rare; but we have no reason to assume these new gears are meant to be elusive and elite rather than main stream and a "common" rare (think barrows, gs, banods etc)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Nothing, they are very out of touch with the game.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Changes the way merchers can look in W2 standing around with the armor. This stuffs going to be more expensive than every piece of 3rd age, kingly, druidic, cosmetic and spirit shield combined. This update must be why they're bringing out free trade if you catch my drift.

I want to see armor that takes skill to get, not no lifing runescapes GE. Whatever happened to that smithing update we were supposed to get...

So much anger I see here...

You want to see armor that takes skill to get? Grab a team and go get the armor as a drop. The hardest boss in runescape isn't "skill" based enough for you?

You don't need to buy anything.

crossed_body.png