10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Let the virus flow through you? What the [bleep]?

A) Makes no sense for anything in Runescape to understand what a virus is.

B) Even if they did, how would a monster deliver a virus?

C) How on earth does a virus flow?

Seriously Jagex, that's the best you could think of? Virus? Ugh, there is so much wrong with that.

A virus could be a potential poison. And there's really nothing wrong with it at all...it's a single phrase...

A virus is different from a poison, really, in physiological turms it's like saying... "Let the fire freeze you!" just to try and sound cool.

If you think about it, not really. A poison is something that tends to destroy, or deteriorate health. A virus, such as a computer virus, is essentially the same thing. It's goal is to deteriorate the "health" of your computer, by replicating itself over and over, gathering information it can, and ultimately harming your computer. You can't look at things in a narrow scope. You need to connect dots some times.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been at nex with a huge team. He certainly is tricky. We were like 20-30 maxed people, and it still took like 5-10 min to kill it.

Few things:

sHe drains prayer

sHe can make your deflect prayer unavailable for some time

When she says "dont fail me now, "mage name", you got to run to one of the 4 mages in the corners and kill it asap". I think it makes nex weaker after that.

sHe can hit through deflect mage prayer, but not as hard, it seems (like Corp)

sHe poisons

sHe can pull you to her

I guess Divines aren't going to be as useful to her then ever.

Isn't a virus Latin for poison anyway, with this whole Latin theme going about

You know, I did not know that. Did a little googling, and apparently it is. So I suppose you can look at that connection in a narrow scope! Ha

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Just been at nex with a huge team. He certainly is tricky. We were like 20-30 maxed people, and it still took like 5-10 min to kill it.

Few things:

sHe drains prayer

When she says "dont fail me now, "mage name", you got to run to one of the 4 mages in the corners and kill it asap". I think it makes nex weaker after that.

sHe poisons

sHe can pull you to her

Funny, I had exactly the opposite interpretation - Divines will be more useful than ever. Prayer drain is irrelevant unless it's very fast, because you're going to want to use offensive prayers anyways, so it's not like with no Divine you can let your prayer fall to 0. From the sounds of it, Nex uses Ancient Curses including Soul Split, so the prayer drain isn't that bad. Making your deflect prayers unavailable, and piercing your deflect mage prayer makes a bigger case for Divine - you can't rely on prayers to keep damage off of you, so any other way of reducing the damage (Divine/Elysian/Soak) would definitely come in handy.

Guy who got virtus robe legs was being offered a div in W2... so approximately the street of green.

I wouldn't be dumb enough to trade any partyhats (maybe a yellow or purp) for the robe or range pieces.

And as far as I know, the armor drops are fairly common. The boss just takes a heck of a lot of time to kill.

Few things:

sHe drains prayer

sHe poisons

sHe can pull you to her

how does hitting through prayer make divine less useful? it makes it more useful :wall:

Cannon is allowed in the GWD as I tried a few days ago. I wanna make a clan event where they all place cannons and see who survives the longest. :P

If noone has tried to take a cannon it's worth a try. Even if they're not supposed to be allowed Jagex has messed up before (at Aquanites :P).

imagangster.png

Seriously Jagex, that's the best you could think of? Virus? Ugh, there is so much wrong with that.

A virus could be a potential poison. And there's really nothing wrong with it at all...it's a single phrase...

A virus is different from a poison, really, in physiological turms it's like saying... "Let the fire freeze you!" just to try and sound cool.

If you think about it, not really. A poison is something that tends to destroy, or deteriorate health. A virus, such as a computer virus, is essentially the same thing. It's goal is to deteriorate the "health" of your computer, by replicating itself over and over, gathering information it can, and ultimately harming your computer. You can't look at things in a narrow scope. You need to connect dots some times.

Yes, lets "connect the dots" to make anything added fit the context of the game. Maybe they will introduce vaccines next. Time to go to the cow pen and start checking udders for the virus so we can make one.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Yes, lets "connect the dots" to make anything added fit the context of the game. Maybe they will introduce vaccines next. Time to go to the cow pen and start checking udders for the virus so we can make one.

Its not connect the dots.

Poison IS a virus. Just a very specific form of virus.

Viruses are something that infect your system and destroy/disable it in various ways.

Poison does this, the only difference being it is not a microscopic thing you pick up from touch or breathing it in. Poison is generally a liquid, solid or gas purpose made to infect and damage the human

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Haha, it's already been said she poisons you. Let the virus flow through you fits pretty well. Is this really your only complaint? If so, focus on those more than a phrase.

A virus does not have a goal to detoriate the health of the host. It only happens to do so. It's goal is to spread and survive. As it does, it evolves, Which may hurt the host or hurt another type host. Though, computer viruses are made for the sole purpose of modifying the hosts.

Viruses are something that infect your system and destroy/disable it in various ways.

Poison does this, the only difference being it is not a microscopic thing you pick up from touch or breathing it in. Poison is generally a liquid, solid or gas purpose made to infect and damage the human

I think his complaint comes from the fact that viruses contain bits of DNA/RNA that they use to override the host cell's genetic structure, allowing them to reproduce. Poison on the other hand is much more general in that it's a substance that disturbs biological functions, but usually on a molecular rather than cellular level. This is getting very off-topic though, and I do think that the latin origin of virus meaning (Roughly) poison does help to bridge the gap of meaning in this context. Besides, it's not like rs is known for its realistic ways to solve poisoning, I mean we have 1 generic cure for EVERY poison (Not including 'disease') in the game.

OT: Yeah, Torva isn't gonna replace my bandos anytime soon. Not a big fan of degrading armor (The reason I got bandos in the first place), it has the same str boost, and it's not like I need the extra lp or def while slaying.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Haha, it's already been said she poisons you. Let the virus flow through you fits pretty well. Is this really your only complaint? If so, focus on those more than a phrase.

Yep, I like the update, this stupidity just irks me to no end. Plus, the poison effect isn't linked to her saying this... I think. Either way, the diseases effect would be more suiting for the phrase. Whatever, it's a stupid argument. That being said, I need to deal with this guy.

Poison and viruses work in very different ways. Please don't argue with me on this, chemical poisoning is a form of poisoning caused by ingestion of a toxic chemical agent. A virus is is a small infectious agent that can replicate only inside the cells of other organisms. I've studied this a decent amount, I know what I'm talking about. What you're saying is that since poisons and viruses are both detrimental to health they are the same. It is wrong, it is wrong in so many ways.

Take biology 101 and then come talk please. It really annoys me how you present entirely incorrect things as facts. If you want to argue about this or for me to explain it please PM me, there is no point in further spamming up the thread.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Yep, I like the update, this stupidity just irks me to no end. Plus, the poison effect isn't linked to her saying this... I think.

I got to agree with you here, I have no idea, I'm just thinking of reasons why they make her say it, other than they thought it'd sound cool, granted, that's probably be the reason I made her say it.

Either way, the diseases effect would be more suiting for the phrase. Whatever, it's a stupid argument.

Again, I have to agree, it is.

That being said, I need to deal with this guy.

Ha! That made me laugh (no sarcasm or anything towards you intended, it actually did make me laugh...I have no idea why)

I think his complaint comes from the fact that viruses contain bits of DNA/RNA that they use to override the host cell's genetic structure, allowing them to reproduce. Poison on the other hand is much more general in that it's a substance that disturbs biological functions, but usually on a molecular rather than cellular level. This is getting very off-topic though, and I do think that the latin origin of virus meaning (Roughly) poison does help to bridge the gap of meaning in this context. Besides, it's not like rs is known for its realistic ways to solve poisoning, I mean we have 1 generic cure for EVERY poison (Not including 'disease') in the game.

OT: Yeah, Torva isn't gonna replace my bandos anytime soon. Not a big fan of degrading armor (The reason I got bandos in the first place), it has the same str boost, and it's not like I need the extra lp or def while slaying.

wise woman/man.... also bandos is still one of the best armours...

i only want the new armour ro show off not to use it, lol

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end