10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

Btw 1 thing I noticed as I was attempting to get killcount.

This was my gear I wore

bank125350.png

Now alone it didnt seem to stop the aggro but when I would ovl things were not aggressive.

As soon as my ovl dropped then they got aggressive again. Just a perception

flamesig.jpg

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been at nex with a huge team. He certainly is tricky. We were like 20-30 maxed people, and it still took like 5-10 min to kill it.

Few things:

sHe drains prayer

sHe can make your deflect prayer unavailable for some time

When she says "dont fail me now, "mage name", you got to run to one of the 4 mages in the corners and kill it asap". I think it makes nex weaker after that.

sHe can hit through deflect mage prayer, but not as hard, it seems (like Corp)

sHe poisons

sHe can pull you to her

What about the regular drops? How many times did you kill her in one trip? Do you expect to kill her more times next time?

crossed_body.png

K so I actually went down there (in pure welfare, rofl) and I don't know what's protecting some people and not others from the attacks...

I watched two people both in miss-matched hybriding/boss gear and one stroll right past the group of warriors at the front and the other get attacked by all of em and a mage...

I'm not even sure the first was wearing anything ancient!

2dgucz6.png

Darnit all, got into the Zaros chamber getting my KC (Which is hard to begin with) when i'm getting teamed. The mager is attacking me, who I think did the most, so I pray mage. The ranger's attack turns off my prayers, and Ko's me. Lost the key too.... thankfully I banked my bandos >_>

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Adventurers who have completed the Love Story quest may wish to travel to East Keldagrim to talk to a dwarf called Runvastr (in the building north-east of the Laughing Miner inn). If you deliver something from him to the Wise Old Man back in Draynor, you’ll earn the ability to chip Teleport to House teletabs to take you to Trollheim instead.

BETTER THAN GWD UPDATE.

Rainy_Day edit: WHY ARE CAPS SO FUN FOR PEOPLE TODAY?

asrhasrh.jpg

fering to the 4 minions

Nex protects these servants, for they in turn attune Nex to their element, granting her abilities that make her even more formidable. If one were able to somehow get rid of these ancient mage cohorts, it would help to weaken Nex further, to the point where you might even stand a chance of defeating her.

I feel like this is getting overlooked.

this would be the opposite order of the rest of the boss's.

I agree, you can see the NPC's in the corner "charging" Nex at the start of the battle. I think they have to be killed before you have to deal with her.. or get 4 people to distract them by attacking them?

You can only kill them when Nex calls their names.

Adventurers who have completed the Love Story quest may wish to travel to East Keldagrim to talk to a dwarf called Runvastr (in the building north-east of the Laughing Miner inn). If you deliver something from him to the Wise Old Man back in Draynor, youll earn the ability to chip Teleport to House teletabs to take you to Trollheim instead.

BETTER THAN GWD UPDATE.

Rainy_Day edit: WHY ARE CAPS SO FUN FOR PEOPLE TODAY?

BECAUSE WE CAN NOW DO FULL HERB RUNS WHILE ON ANCIENTS AND LUNARS. WOOHOOO.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

We need like a Tip.It team to go in there together and just beat the crap out of it.

MASS DEATH MASS DEATH MASS DEATH!

Fixed.

Edit: Has anyone tried freezing her with ancients?

Tact.gif

nexkill.png

haven't figured out much of a strategy yet, pretty much just swamp her and hope for the best

also, range is the way to go against her

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

nexkill.png

haven't figured out much of a strategy yet, pretty much just swamp her and hope for the best

also, range is the way to go against her

Yea, She runs far too much to use melee successfully.

[hide]

99 Theving

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I wasn't planning on fighting her because I haven't been interested in the game lately but it looks like so much fun! I still probably won't get on for a couple days anyways. I wonder if anybody's gotten an armor drop yet.

theistsRdim.png

I bought Bandos when it was 25m for the set quite a long time ago. I'm not too concerned about it crashing because I doubt I'll ever sell it. I still have my Guthan's set I paid 17m for at it's peak haha.

bandos is still too good.

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Try Magic on it. I'd like to know how accurate Magic is on it.

I'm listening to ForSandG's hardstyle station, and he says magic is terrible against it. He says he splashed every cast he attempted on her.

[hide]

99 Theving

[/hide]

Is that Nex using Soulsplit and deflect prayers or a player stood underneath her?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.