10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From RSWiki

46ccfc85e7b72da325bdad4f0ec68d06.png

Woah...is this even real? Seems unlikely someone has full pernix and the bow to test this.

Does ruby bolt (e) work at all on Nex?

go try it yourself...

we die trying and you are asking..

lol .. jk

They say the second mouse gets the cheese :wink:

Jagex said the new armors will change the way we think about combat... But I have to ask, what exactly does this change?

Nothing, they are very out of touch with the game.

The way it was worded, I was expecting a paradigm shift of sorts. Slayer is not going to change. Very few will risk this armor in dangerous PVP, and those that do will probably get refused fights for a whilie. Bossing will be easier as the armor makes brew/ovls much better, especially if brews/armor stack.

Jagex said the new armors will change the way we think about combat... But I have to ask, what exactly does this change?

Doesn't change anything unless you are a billionaire.

Depends on how common the drops are, I have a feeling they might be more common then we think. I mean, each kill there is a chance for Nex to drop 10 of the new good items. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had a droprate on par with other godwars areas rather then the corp. Given that other Godwars bosses drop at most four uniqe drops, and Nex drops ten, then the chance of getting a drop on any given kill would be the same if the droprate is the same. Especially given the time it takes to bring down Nex, the droprate isn't as likely to be super rare.

Really it is too soon to say, whips used to be only for the most elite and rich at one time, but due to supply and demand they leveled out. I can't see a reason why the huge demand and potential supply will stop Nex from being camped on all worlds for a few months until the drops start decreasing in price. People will develop methods to speed up kills, effective strategies will be found.

Of course they will be expensive, but to assume that they will always only be for billionaires is crazy, given a year to six months I feel the prices will become far more realistic and the new gear will come to have an impact. Especially if free trade comes out and there is no reason to hoard it.

so true...they will be 100mil max for set or who knows maybe down to 50mil... just wait and see..

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Changes the way merchers can look in W2 standing around with the armor. This stuffs going to be more expensive than every piece of 3rd age, kingly, druidic, cosmetic and spirit shield combined. This update must be why they're bringing out free trade if you catch my drift.

I want to see armor that takes skill to get, not no lifing runescapes GE. Whatever happened to that smithing update we were supposed to get...

So much anger I see here...

You want to see armor that takes skill to get? Grab a team and go get the armor as a drop. The hardest boss in runescape isn't "skill" based enough for you?

You don't need to buy anything.

I think he means something that can't be purchased, he's specifically referring to merchants that stand around all day.

Wonder what the most efficient team size would be to keep her from healing a lot.

5 man? 10 man?

10 men and 2 women.. :D

why you forgot women ?

Demario.png

I was in there just now, black hide only, monster examine runes. I just kept running (to examine minions but they were dead, lol) and really only needed monkfish and ppots to stay perfectly safe. That was with other 11 people in there (before you go down the stairs it tells you how many there are).

Either it's attrition or the minis are crucial.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Doesn't change anything unless you are a billionaire.

Depends on how common the drops are, I have a feeling they might be more common then we think. I mean, each kill there is a chance for Nex to drop 10 of the new good items. I also wouldn't be surprised if they had a droprate on par with other godwars areas rather then the corp. Given that other Godwars bosses drop at most four uniqe drops, and Nex drops ten, then the chance of getting a drop on any given kill would be the same if the droprate is the same. Especially given the time it takes to bring down Nex, the droprate isn't as likely to be super rare.

Really it is too soon to say, whips used to be only for the most elite and rich at one time, but due to supply and demand they leveled out. I can't see a reason why the huge demand and potential supply will stop Nex from being camped on all worlds for a few months until the drops start decreasing in price. People will develop methods to speed up kills, effective strategies will be found.

Of course they will be expensive, but to assume that they will always only be for billionaires is crazy, given a year to six months I feel the prices will become far more realistic and the new gear will come to have an impact. Especially if free trade comes out and there is no reason to hoard it.

so true...they will be 100mil max for set or who knows maybe down to 50mil... just wait and see..

The only possibility is that the richest of the rich will turn to it as the next items to hoard, this will be dependent on their rarity though as well as how soon free trade comes out. I would be cautious paying billions for a set if it lost all that street in a single update.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Not really surprising, when corp came out people massed it and still couldn't kill it very easily. Probably the same deal here; once all of those 138s with OVLs actually know what they're doing Nex will go down pretty quickly.

seems simple enough, just a long fight. looking forward to trying out the new bow + mage/range gear, torva i couldn't care less about, it's no better than bandos for slaying.

I really don't see how the new armour really CHANGES anything, like jagex were trying to make out. the richer people / persistent boss hunters get new nice armour, people get to mage / range things a little quicker. whats changed really?

Mazs%20Screenshots131.3129629631.png

8 man its not THAT hard

Heh, the Angel of Death says otherwise :P

(Just messing with you, I'm sure in a couple of days it'll all be mapped out and strategic).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

seems simple enough, just a long fight. looking forward to trying out the new bow + mage/range gear, torva i couldn't care less about, it's no better than bandos for slaying.

I really don't see how the new armour really CHANGES anything, like jagex were trying to make out. the richer people / persistent boss hunters get new nice armour, people get to mage / range things a little quicker. whats changed really?

That as this armour filters out suddenly all 3 classes have 400 extra lp. Taking the unpotted max from 990 to 1390 which will make significant changes the ways many bosses and pvp tactics can be faced/dealt with.

Plus rangers getting a top end equipment with 0 ammo costs makes ranging much more viable at max power.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mazs%20Screenshots131.3129629631.png

8 man its not THAT hard

Heh, the Angel of Death says otherwise :P

(Just messing with you, I'm sure in a couple of days it'll all be mapped out and strategic).

wasnt even our team's grave ;( but someone did die when it was redbarred because they refused to tele

If people used BGS specials (perhaps even ZGS) and throwing knives I reckon it wouldn't be too bad. Noone's reported about the cannon yet I believe, and if that works (I doubt it though) it would be even better too. Also what about emerald bolts (e) on the mages? I'm quite clueless because I haven't been able to have a chance to go down myself though, so just throwing ideas out there. :P Just videos aren't enough really.

I predict that someone will find a safespot and solo it like what happened to the Corp Beast. :P

imagangster.png

lol.. well we're still not sure,

maybe the full set will give you hidden sword or something or turn you into monster or bring god down to fight by your side or or or or or... :P

and no, badnos is the best for slayer and still too good for boss hunting..

Demario.png

I wonder very much if unicorns now heal, say, 120 damage or 180 damage (with a full set of armour @ 80 con).

Also I have a hunch that the bow will be inferior to void deflector + acp + ccbow + diamonds for many applications, also because of the higher magic defence.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Took me a while to Upload, Unedit version of First Attempt hour after Nex released.

There actually a effective ways to take down Nex with Good Cordinating skill (Guide is being Uploaded)

Brief Summary of the Boss Mechanics

Boss has 4 bodyguard, Each with each own elements of the Ancient Magic spellbook (Ice/Smoke/Shadow/Blood)

As you can see in the video i totally ignore the Mages (Resubscribe member just for this Boss and never read Update lol) Which led us took a long time to kill her (Friends+Pub)

Cruor (Blood) - Uses Blood Barrage i believe to drain Hitpoint and transfer it to Curor and a bit to Nex

Umbra (Shadow) - Uses Shadow Barrage, You can see on the Video that the Chamber start getting Darker, Anyone caught standing at Dark spot under their feet for more then 1.5 Second will receive Heavy Damage

Glacier (Ice) Uses Ice Barrage, Freeze Player right on the spot

Fumus (Smoke) Smoke Barrage that constantly cause damage and drain your stats (Noticeable when Player start to "Cough")

During Nex Fight, She will start to use any of the 4 Bodyguard to help her out + Her own Unique attack. When Nex is around 80% HP, You are able to Kill one of the 4 Mages, Likewise when it reach 60%, 40%, 20%.

When all 4 Mages are kill (Which effective leaves her around 20-25% hp), She will start using Soul Split/Protect Prayer constantly all the way till she about to die where she would use Wraith.

The Priority for me to kill Mages is Blood > Ice > Smoke > Shadow

Reason is because, Blood will keep on draining HP and adding it to Nex, Where as Ice will Freeze you allowing Nex to one of his Special Move.

Smoke is rather useless since we are using Overload

Shadow can be Dorge if you pay attention.

Nex Unique Attack.

Not so much i know about her Unique attack but this is what i have been observing but you can see them in the video i provided.

The only move i curious about is this

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6403/110110200811.png

Barrow Drop : 168 + D Med x4

Proud Owner Of KQ Head

Proud Owner Of Abyssal Demon Head x2

From RSWiki

46ccfc85e7b72da325bdad4f0ec68d06.png

Woah...is this even real? Seems unlikely someone has full pernix and the bow to test this.

The +15 damage might be real (highly doutb it though)

But the 920 max hit...not...even....close...

with the +15 damage, it gives 130 range damage...hand cannon shots have more then that don't they? And they can't hit anywhere even close to 900.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

also idk who else killed it but there seems to be 4 stages for each style of ancient magic ice/magic/shadow/blood

shadow is weak to melee and we're gonna try fire surges for ice now, won't be long till a good method is figured out

If people used BGS specials (perhaps even ZGS) and throwing knives I reckon it wouldn't be too bad. Noone's reported about the cannon yet I believe, and if that works (I doubt it though) it would be even better too. Also what about emerald bolts (e) on the mages? I'm quite clueless because I haven't been able to have a chance to go down myself though, so just throwing ideas out there. :P Just videos aren't enough really.

I predict that someone will find a safespot and solo it like what happened to the Corp Beast. :P

A safespot for a boss that teles and has four minions? It's called not-anywhere-near-nex.

tbh i can't see bandos crashing, maybe for like a day.

there's a massive difference between affording 40mil armour to 500mil armour. Only the most hardcore PvMers and slayers will be able to afford to use it.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

also idk who else killed it but there seems to be 4 stages for each style of ancient magic ice/magic/shadow/blood

shadow is weak to melee and we're gonna try fire surges for ice now, won't be long till a good method is figured out

If you take desert treasure as a frame work:

Water owns smoke

Fire owns ice

Earth pwns blood

Air pwns Shadow

(last 2 might be wrong way round)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue