Behind the Scenes - March

Michael

And you know that it'll be useful because...? I seriously doubt it'll still become more useful than a trusty berserker, or the kind.

As for the other updates, what a way to let us down easy, ey? first they have an awesome month with free trade and wilderness(best update in years), and then they come up with all this ****. wow.

Says you. I think everything this month looks good except the smithing update.

Yes. I do say that. Since when was having a personal opinion disallowed on these forums? These days, looking to have just one update that would interest me in a month, i'm left hanging, again. Happens about every other month.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo stoked for that RoW update. Seriously have always wanted a reason to use it since they debunked it.

The Dungeoneering updates better be good. Would like to see another bind spot or better rewards, and maybe some equipment to give the SSH some competition.

Sooooo stoked for that RoW update. Seriously have always wanted a reason to use it since they debunked it.

The Dungeoneering updates better be good. Would like to see another bind spot or better rewards, and maybe some equipment to give the SSH some competition.

Okay, they said tiny gameplay tweaks. I'd expect less of the new rewards and items worth binding and more of the warped walls not making resources inaccessible and toolkits showing up to other people again types of updates.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Okay, they said tiny gameplay tweaks. I'd expect less of the new rewards and items worth binding and more of the warped walls not making resources inaccessible and toolkits showing up to other people again types of updates.

It would still be a good month for Dungeons if:

Reborn Mages were fixed graphically, with their Warriors' timers reduced to that of Zombies with Necromancers.

Something was done about "tweaking" Vine room structures to take up less time.

Stomp gets nerfed on Complexity 1.

Some sort of system to adjust door levels when someone leaves the dungeon.

I really hope they change SSH. Currently, if you don't have one, it's almost impossible to survive in a dungeon where everyone else has one. 75% of the monsters focused on you isn't fun. Maybe as long as one person in the room has a SSH, everyone else gets the passive humanoid bonus?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Has anyone even stopped to consider that the smithing update might be a precursor to a high level smithing update in the future? Perhaps jagex wants future high level content to be more accessibly to players, and decided to introduce more ways to train it than blowing huge sums of money on addy plates, making ~50k exp/hr at caverns, or depending on other players in the blast furnace? They never said this was THE BIG HUGE HIGH LEVEL REVAMP, so maybe calm down and stop acting like the RSOF? Seriously, this community is so mature outside of these threads, its ridiculous to see everyone bashing an update that they know next to nothing about for reasons that don't even make sense when you stop and think for a minute. When jagex is about to release a revamp to smithing (just like for herblaw), they'll make it very obvious.

I see the smithing update as a much needed change of pace for training, and will personally use it as an opportunity to prepare for whatever future smithing content jagex releases.

Artisans Workshop, home of a long-awaited Smithing update

Artisans Workshop

The Smithing skill will then be next in line to receive its long-awaited update

I really, really want you to be right. I just don't see it.

The problem is that those of us who weren't too lazy to train the old way in preparation for the smithing "revamp" now have a significant amount of Jagex's spit in our faces.

Tell that to pures who got 99s before soul wars.

And people with high rc before the abbys.

And people with 99 ranged before chins.

And people with 99 thieving before pyramid plunder.

And people with 99 any_buyable before any_buyable-x

Updates happen, now wipe that spit out of your face and live with it.

Yeah, totally thought this. Training methods become easier over time.

And you know that it'll be useful because...? I seriously doubt it'll still become more useful than a trusty berserker, or the kind.

As for the other updates, what a way to let us down easy, ey? first they have an awesome month with free trade and wilderness(best update in years), and then they come up with all this ****. wow.

Says you. I think everything this month looks good except the smithing update.

Yes. I do say that. Since when was having a personal opinion disallowed on these forums? These days, looking to have just one update that would interest me in a month, i'm left hanging, again. Happens about every other month.

Fair enough, I guess. Nothing with a large, massive appeal like the wilde/free trade; would be different if the smithing update looked like anything other then easier, more interesting exp.... Something the game is largely lacking of, but we also need a reason to GET these levels in the first place.

Now, if this was for say prayer or herblore, that would be... interesting, to say the least...

Wonder what the DG tweaks will be. Hoping for things like

- a toolbox spawn for every person at the start of a DG

- guaranteed amount of ess/money to work with to make basic things (runes, fire staff)

Seriously, I'd love to start every DG with say, 70-75 ess, a toolbox and enough money to make a fire staff.

A DG bound item bank would be great, but presumably too much to hope for. Wouldn't qualify as a tiny gameplay tweak either.

I get the feeling that Jagex is really unsure if they'll be able to have the DG update ready this month so they hardly said anything about it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I hope they add a "bonus" to solo C6 dungeons. Give, say, an extra 1% exp bonus times the floor level. So if you did F30 solo, you'd receive an extra 30% exp modifier. That still probably wouldn't make solo as good as teaming (and it shouldn't be), but it would definitely bridge the gap some.

td2sig.jpg

Personally no I don't. Herblore has turned into a horrible skill which for the ultra high levels has improved the game, but for those under those levels has almost ruined some aspects. They have become imbalanced in Mhing (not going to get into the whole crashing debate) and made herblore incredibly expensive to train. It has, as with many things in runescape, made the rich richer and the poor comparably poorer. I could see a high level non-tradeable smithing update doing the same. Depending on the benefits, if we have anything go go on by the herblore update, it would make training it for your average joe even more painful than it already is.

Although compared to herblore it is easier to get the raw materials so DIY would be easier, it would still not help the majority of Runescape players, those who cannot afford to get 90+ in buyables at all.

I do not deny smithing needs a major overhaul, but making it like herblore would not be the way. This update however could be the overhaul it needs. If somehow it makes smithing cheaper to train and gives an alternative to standing at an anvil or a furnace for hours, making the higher level update in the future would be less painful than making it now. It's better for them to put the infrastructure in the game now than to wait until after.

Edit: To add as well, we don't know that this isn't the overhaul either. They don't explain what an ancient ceremonial sword will be or what the armour will be. For all we know, they could be parts you add to existing armour like people have explained. Add ceremonial armour plates onto existing armour? We just don't know. Judging it now is pointless as many people can and probably will change their opinion when the update rolls around.

You seem to be laboring under the impression that whether a player is high level or not is a matter of luck and not something players can control.

NOPE.

Yep, unliked IRL, born disadvantages don't really exist. Everyone get max total, everyone can get rich, every can... It's not like some people have an account that gets half xp for everything, or some accounts are disallowed to do certain money making methods. Runescape = everyone equal. Or wait, people with brains actually have an advantage (smart training of skills, buying and selling stuff at the right time, ... ).

I desperately hope another bind fall under the category of a "small tweak" for Jagex. Honestly the DG update looks the most promising.

EW4: Crap rewards.

Pirate Quest: Sounds fun, but if it's like the other pirate quests the reward isn't anything fantastic. It'll be a great quest, imo, but nothing with an impact.

Smithing: LOL

RoW: I doubt it's going to be good enough to justify using it over the Berserker (i), but I guess bringing it along for clues/bork trips would kinda help. Interested in the teleports as well.

BXP: Personally, I'm always lost on what to do on these...

As I skim read, all I saw was blah blah blah new quest blah blah

and then I saw

Ring of Wealth Update

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I will now actually read the rest of the behind the scenes, while trying to contain my excitement XD

Edit: Read it all now. Is it just me or does the Artisan's workshop sound a bit 'meh' for the much awaited smithing update? I think the ring of wealth update will be all I'm looking forward to this month unfortunately. The bonus xp weekend, well, it's nice, but everything is pretty much bought up now, which only leaves me to train thieving or continue slayer+attack training.

2vuhgcn.png

It's an amazing month.

Sure, the smithing update wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but they did have the sense to make it so it favors miners and not stupid little lvl 70 aviansie campers that flood the market with adamant bars. That was a stroke of brilliance, and for ceremonial swords to be better than adamant platebodies? Well, that sounds great to me. I do feel bad for all those people who rushed to 99 smithing--I was going to be one of them, but then I died for 30mil!--in hopes to make a quick buck off a rework. That has to sting.

But hell. Two quests? Bonus XP weekend? RoW actually being awesome? Tons of gameplay reworks? Holy [cabbage], I'm in heaven. I couldn't be more happy.

I think they did a great job and, well...

1298348219086.jpg

hzvjpwS.gif

Sounds like I like everything coming with this update. I like it.

Two quests - Good for me.

Smithing - Always up for new methods.

RoW - I'll look into it, least interesting part for me.

Trolls - Excellent. My herb runs will be more pleasing to the eye.

BXP - Always fun. Still have to work out what I'm doing. : o

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'd like to hear what Jagex has to say about the smithing update. Why they chose to do this, was it always planned to be like this, why couldn't they have done a revamp etc..

Was hoping for some untradeable items aswell. Or even just some stupid cosmetic upgrades to existing armour requiring high levels. Not just new training methods. But who knows, maybe they're just trolling us with the BTS.

Tony112x.png

Rip dks

2004-2011

your stable 4.5m per hour income will be missed

People have always been strength-max-bonus crazy. There's still hope. Vague hope.

Zerker ring adds like maybe 2% of max hit. If row increases drops by over 2%, then it is worthless. Except for the small niche of people that can get zerker i, but that makes the number 4%.

Look on the bright side -- you can make some seriously kick-ass Rune armour!

Oh, wait ... :unsure:

Can't wait for my new armour equivalent to sacred clay, zamorak, guthix, saradomin, arma, bandos, ancient, gilded, gold trimmed, trimmed, 1 heralded, 2 heralded, 3 heralded, 4 heralded, 5 heralded, rockshell, proufound.

It is clear to me that you are just trolling.

Rip dks

2004-2011

your stable 4.5m per hour income will be missed

People have always been strength-max-bonus crazy. There's still hope. Vague hope.

Zerker ring adds like maybe 2% of max hit. If row increases drops by over 2%, then it is worthless. Except for the small niche of people that can get zerker i, but that makes the number 4%.

Because gotta have that extra chance of rune boots on nechryael tasks amirite?

Slayers will still use the crap out of berserker rings. And for bigger monsters, I'm pretty sure switching to wealth at the end of the kill will become standard in most cases.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ring of Wealth Update got my attention, and looks good to me. The rest sucks, tbh.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Look on the bright side -- you can make some seriously kick-ass Rune armour!

Oh, wait ... :unsure:

Can't wait for my new armour equivalent to sacred clay, zamorak, guthix, saradomin, arma, bandos, ancient, gilded, gold trimmed, trimmed, 1 heralded, 2 heralded, 3 heralded, 4 heralded, 5 heralded, rockshell, proufound.

It is clear to me that you are just trolling.

Did the oh wait and googly eyes not give it away that he was being sarcastic?

The real challenge for level 70+ smiths, though, is making ceremonial swords... It's not for everyone, as it's a fine and precise art, but those who can master it should earn more XP working on adamant ceremonial swords than they could bashing out adamant platebodies...

You have an odd definition of low level update. .

Please tell us Willbur, why we should get excited about making rune ceremonial cabbage slicers that are most likely to be untradeable, unusable in combat, and high alch for far less then the bars cost?

Rune cannonballs would be a great smithing update.

This cabbage, unlikely... vey unlikely...

However, low levels and the f2p should love a little workshop in the corner of varrock to make worthless junk for a little more xp until they can superheat gold as they train mining over at living rock cavern.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol