15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

If I understand the prestige update correctly, would it speed up dungeoneering if a team were to repeat floors 36 and 48 over and over?

That way they should be able to skip all the longer bosses like yk'lagor and kalger while still gaining full xp

Or have I misunderstood it and this is not possible?

I don't think so.

You still gotta do the same number of floors in any 1 theme to tick them all and last I checked boss monsters (aside from the theme thing) weren't restricted to specific floors; once they are unlocked they can pop uo on any floor within their theme can they not?

False. You can only get Yk'lagor on the higher end Occult floors.

You cannot get bosses like Bal'lak or Shadow-forger on the first set of abandoned floors.

Unless this update has changed that.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, other that torstols are there other noted high level herb drops? If so, what quantity? I'm just wondering how my snap runs are going be affected.

EDIT: I wonder if dung teams are going to find the best floor to do for each theme, as in know what boss is coming every time which isn't too hard and have it be a higher floor to get a better base exp.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Just wondering, other that torstols are there other noted high level herb drops? If so, what quantity? I'm just wondering how my snap runs are going be affected.

EDIT: I wonder if dung teams are going to find the best floor to do for each theme, as in know what boss is coming every time which isn't too hard and have it be a higher floor to get a better base exp.

Snaps are dropping in noted quantities of 50-100

nautica.png

nautica.png

It says nothing about making the solo dunging experience gain more similar or comparable to the team dunging exp. I never had problems with bosses and what not. My problem is the big discrepancy between solo and team dunging experience gain.

You didn't read it carefully enough then because it says to read about all the updates for DG'ing in the patch notes + changes to the prestige system in the KB.

>_>

I read the patch notes. You didn't read my post or didn't understand my complaint.

>_>

Do these new updates make the gap between solo and team dunging exp gain smaller? No. I cannot find anything of the sort in the patch notes that the multiplier for solo has changed.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

It says nothing about making the solo dunging experience gain more similar or comparable to the team dunging exp. I never had problems with bosses and what not. My problem is the big discrepancy between solo and team dunging experience gain.

You didn't read it carefully enough then because it says to read about all the updates for DG'ing in the patch notes + changes to the prestige system in the KB.

>_>

I read the patch notes. You didn't read my post or didn't understand my complaint.

>_>

Do these new updates make the gap between solo and team dunging exp gain smaller? No. I cannot find anything of the sort in the patch notes that the multiplier for solo has changed.

However the updates for solo only that make bosses easier etc. make solo floors that much easier and faster than their grouped counterpart (though only slightly it must be said); which thus to an extent does bridge the xp gap in part.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

What? their explanation was basically that they screwed up and they don't care. quite the same as it was with climbing boots. I don't want to know how few(what else can they say than that really noone got an advantage?) benefited from this bug, i care that that when they screw up, they should fix it. There definitely would have been hardly any complaining as the people who benefited knew it was bug abuse.

As for the update as a whole, it started out with good news with dungeoneering, as most everything is better in that department, but they really laid an egg with drops. 10k ring giving 500k-2m more an hour(steel dragons drop 160 noted torstols, apparently)? What the hell were they thinking...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

What? their explanation was basically that they screwed up and they don't care. quite the same as it was with climbing boots. I don't want to know how few(what else can they say than that really noone got an advantage?) benefited from this bug, i care that that when they screw up, they should fix it. There definitely would have been hardly any complaining as the people who benefited knew it was bug abuse.

As for the update as a whole, it started out with good news with dungeoneering, as most everything is better in that department, but they really laid an egg with drops. 10k ring giving 500k-2m more an hour(steel dragons drop 160 noted torstols, apparently)? What the hell were they thinking...

So probably around 100-500 people managed to get some sigils, should mean that probably 50,000 people (not too sure how many were online at the time) should lose anything they gained in that hour? So this then to you means that there would be no complaining if there was a rollback? I think your logic may be broken. Jagex fixed the bug as soon as they knew about it, did everything in their power by bringing the fix asap and then gave a solid reason for not rolling back.

Also, a ROW may be worth 10k now and the extra drops they are bringing in meaning 500k-2m/h, but that will stabilise to be a much smaller gap. Many of the noted drops seem to be for skills which people are often wanting to be cheaper (Smithing and herblore), opening those skills up to more players and giving a ring which many complained for years that was useless, a use.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm glad spirit shield dropped, even if only for a little bit, but I still don't like how Jagex went about this.

This whole thing is a fairly nice example of why people bug abuse, because Jagex don't seem to do anything most of the time if it comes to recent update bugs.

Also, nice one Jagex. Made Wooox quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkIWzUCy44&

It's not 500k-2m extra an hour. In two slayer tasks (Nechs/Ice Strykewyrms) I didn't get anything noticeable from drops, certainly nothing more than 40k (dragon dagger, 150 rune arrows, uncut dragonstone).

These are new drops added to the rare drop table, along with the noted herbs, coal drops, that skull and whatever else they've added in. More variety in drops is only a good thing and I honestly don't understand why people are complaining. You do NOT need the ring to get these new drops, they work exactly the same way as the old rare table worked (except they also boost the chance of slayer specific drops and boss drops too now apparently).

I'm glad spirit shield dropped, even if only for a little bit, but I still don't like how Jagex went about this.

This whole thing is a fairly nice example of why people bug abuse, because Jagex don't seem to do anything most of the time if it comes to recent update bugs.

Also, nice one Jagex. Made Wooox quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkIWzUCy44&

Baby....

He'll be back, they always come back.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

So probably around 100-500 people managed to get some sigils, should mean that probably 50,000 people (not too sure how many were online at the time) should lose anything they gained in that hour? So this then to you means that there would be no complaining if there was a rollback? I think your logic may be broken. Jagex fixed the bug as soon as they knew about it, did everything in their power by bringing the fix asap and then gave a solid reason for not rolling back.

Also, a ROW may be worth 10k now and the extra drops they are bringing in meaning 500k-2m/h, but that will stabilise to be a much smaller gap. Many of the noted drops seem to be for skills which people are often wanting to be cheaper (Smithing and herblore), opening those skills up to more players and giving a ring which many complained for years that was useless, a use.

Inb4youlearntoreadandgetthattheycanmanuallydeletedrops :rolleyes:

If there were so few drops, it shouldn't take more than a minute for them to delete the drops people got due to bug abuse.

And still, i see no reason for jagex to completely screw over all drop tables because of row. Most of the new drops aren't even realistic(160 torst, 5k coal).

5k goal is 1.5M, that's not a huge amount. The items in the rare drop table used to be worth a lot. Dragon Spear was >1M, Shield left half was 7.5M, dragon med 2.4M (and higher). This was when 1M was a lot more than it was today.

Looks like it's time for me to get around to making a RoW. :thumbsup:

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

5k goal is 1.5M, that's not a huge amount. The items in the rare drop table used to be worth a lot. Dragon Spear was >1M, Shield left half was 7.5M, dragon med 2.4M (and higher). This was when 1M was a lot more than it was today.

used to be worth alot? so should we all be trading left halves for partyhats now? I don't understand how the prices of items 5-6 years ago matter now, when those items have been utter garbage for so long. What is the logic behind dragon legs being 500k and steels now dropping 8m worth of torstols? Like, how was there a change necessary?

used to be worth alot? so should we all be trading left halves for partyhats now? I don't understand how the prices of items 5-6 years ago matter now, when those items have been utter garbage for so long. What is the logic behind dragon legs being 500k and steels now dropping 8m worth of torstols? Like, how was there a change necessary?

Because just like almost all monsters could drop an 8m shield half years ago, they can now drop x amount of herbs or metals etc. Many monsters have had drops more expensive than their unique drops for a long time.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^