New drops

gaaaaap

Something I'm curious about. Do you need to have the row equipped to get the drops? Or can they drop without the row?

you do not have to wear the row to get the new rare table drops.

are you saying that you only get parts of the effect when it's in your inventory? (the part with the random new drops like noted resources, right?)

You don't even need a ROW to get them, it just increases the chance of getting them (more than it did before)

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I'm curious about. Do you need to have the row equipped to get the drops? Or can they drop without the row?

you do not have to wear the row to get the new rare table drops.

are you saying that you only get parts of the effect when it's in your inventory? (the part with the random new drops like noted resources, right?)

You don't even need a ROW to get them, it just increases the chance of getting them (more than it did before)

ooh, gotcha

Something maybe to consider... what is the point of hours and hours botting when you can get the resources faster by killing? Maybe its Jagex's way of trying to stop cheating?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Something maybe to consider... what is the point of hours and hours botting when you can get the resources faster by killing? Maybe its Jagex's way of trying to stop cheating?

Bots kill stuff too. And players gather resources. Particularly sanpdragon/torstol, both of which you can now get several farm runs worth of in a single drop. As far as I can tell there weren't any herb run bots, meaning that a bot free activity has been replaced by one that bots have been doing for years.

Waaaaaayyyyy too powerful. There is no longer the need to train anything but combat anymore...

I hope it gets nerfed, my hundreds of herb runs gonna be going to waste because someone gets 500 snapdragons from a green dragon.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Stop crying, all this does is balance the game out. Bots can collect all they want, but regular players can now also achieve something without having to play for 16 hours a day. Before someone starts the "more time-more privileges" argument, its invalid.

Now all that's left is give the people that play more than 16 hours a day something as well?

(Ever thought about a "preferred player" thing??) Like if you have 300+ days spend on rs that you will get some nifty perks. (*Auto item pick-up, drop all... etc?) I mean ppl that have played 300 days are not bots and most likely their accounts aren't RWT.

(I mean the time the adventure log shows)

Nothing stops bots, you can make bots for anything, RuneScape is quite a simple game.

There are farming bots aswell.

This ROW update is dumb IMO. Why change the drops? Slayer was already 20x more pfoitable than mining, and more fun. Now coal prices etc will drop making mining a really boring skill and less profitable. Can't see any plus points really except that slayers get richer.

Before someone starts the "more time-more privileges" argument, its invalid.

what a convincing argument.

Want to be convinced?

Definition of game :A game is a structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas

Alot of time playing = fun as well. But not everyone thinks that way. So they are making the GAME more enjoyable, maybe the ACHIEVEMENTS in the game less, but the actual game more. In my eyes that is.

Nothing stops bots, you can make bots for anything, RuneScape is quite a simple game.

This ROW update is dumb IMO. Why change the drops? Slayer was already 20x more pfoitable than mining, and more fun. Now coal prices etc will drop making mining a really boring skill and less profitable. Can't see any plus points really except that slayers get richer.

Runescape is now really a PvM game - skills arent needed apart from herblore.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

A lot of people don't PVM though. And if skills arn't needed then why are raw materials.. hmm?

So you think Jagex are purposefully trying to ruin skills?

A lot of people don't PVM though. And if skills arn't needed then why are raw materials.. hmm?

No, but most of the game is tailored specifically for combat. I'm not saying I like it - that's just the way it is.

Let's take a look at some skills -

Atk/Str/Def/Magic/Range/Pray/Hp/Summoning/Slayer are pretty much all combat skills

Farming was made for herblore and herbore for combat

Mining/Smithing was from the old days - where getting armor drops were pretty rare, so many relied on these skills to get their armor

Firemaking - Other then an easy 99, it looks like to me - the only real reason to level this is of the hand cannon

DG - I think we can agree that most people do this for the rewards (in the form of chaotic/prayer/etc)

Fishing/Cooking - mainly used to get food for combat (back when the only real other way to get food was to buy kebabs in Al Kharid >.<)

Construction - looks like a LARGE amount of people come just for the altars

The whole game is tailored more or less towards combat. I think that by providing a lot of raw material - it'll entice people who combat all the time to maybe work on some skills that they've conveniently gotten the resources for.

On the other end, it's also an incentive for people to who skill all day to come by and work on combat since that's where you can make the most money

capt%20kevin.png

[hide]

No, but most of the game is tailored specifically for combat. I'm not saying I like it - that's just the way it is.

Atk/Str/Def/Magic/Range/Pray/Hp/Summoning/Slayer are pretty much all combat skills

Mining/Smithing was from the old days - where getting armor drops were pretty rare, so many relied on these skills to get their armor

Firemaking - Other then an easy 99, it looks like to me - the only real reason to level this is of the hand cannon

DG - I think we can agree that most people do this for the rewards (in the form of chaotic/prayer/etc)

Fishing/Cooking - mainly used to get food for combat (back when the only real other way to get food was to buy kebabs in Al Kharid >.<)

The whole game is tailored more or less towards combat. I think that by providing a lot of raw material - it'll entice people who combat all the time to maybe work on some skills that they've conveniently gotten the resources for.

On the other end, it's also an incentive for people to who skill all day to come by and work on combat since that's where you can make the most money

[/hide]

Obviously the whole game is geared towards combat, it would be silly not to be since combat (in my books) is one of the only fun things, and all games are geared towards combat pretty much. but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat, it already is 20x more profitable than skilling, so why make it even more?

I DG for the fun of it :-)

[hide]

[/hide]

Obviously the whole game is geared towards combat, it would be silly not to be since combat (in my books) is one of the only fun things, and all games are geared towards combat pretty much. but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat, it already is 20x more profitable than skilling, so why make it even more?

Please read:

Not saying this is 100% true but if you get 5k coal - you're more likely to train it then you would've before.

In what other way would you try to equate the skill sets?

You can't exactly make skilling more profitable then combat - and there's not much of a way to do it.

If you make something insanely profitable, people would flock towards it and just abuse it til it's dirt cheap (case in point: sharks - what used to be one of the best foods in the game has turned into something super cheap). So how do you get people to do it? Mix a ton of raw resource drop in something that isn't going to lose popularity

capt%20kevin.png

[hide]

[/hide]

Please read:

i can repeet posts 2!11

but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat

if skillings less profitable then the reason people do it is for fun/capes, not for money so adding more money isn't really an insenstive it just [cabbage]s on the time they put into mining/farming/crafting :o

it completely negates a load of things, if people are gettting 1k charged orbs as a fairly common drop then obelisks are done.

i dunno, if somethings not broke, don't fix it.

drops were find before.

plus itl only entice secondary skils, not primaries which are the ones being screwed over. secondary skills win with this update.