New drops

gaaaaap

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Nothing stops bots, you can make bots for anything, RuneScape is quite a simple game.

There are farming bots aswell.

This ROW update is dumb IMO. Why change the drops? Slayer was already 20x more pfoitable than mining, and more fun. Now coal prices etc will drop making mining a really boring skill and less profitable. Can't see any plus points really except that slayers get richer.

Runescape is now really a PvM game - skills arent needed apart from herblore.

A lot of people don't PVM though. And if skills arn't needed then why are raw materials.. hmm?

So you think Jagex are purposefully trying to ruin skills?

No, but most of the game is tailored specifically for combat. I'm not saying I like it - that's just the way it is.

Let's take a look at some skills -

Atk/Str/Def/Magic/Range/Pray/Hp/Summoning/Slayer are pretty much all combat skills

Farming was made for herblore and herbore for combat

Mining/Smithing was from the old days - where getting armor drops were pretty rare, so many relied on these skills to get their armor

Firemaking - Other then an easy 99, it looks like to me - the only real reason to level this is of the hand cannon

DG - I think we can agree that most people do this for the rewards (in the form of chaotic/prayer/etc)

Fishing/Cooking - mainly used to get food for combat (back when the only real other way to get food was to buy kebabs in Al Kharid >.<)

Construction - looks like a LARGE amount of people come just for the altars

The whole game is tailored more or less towards combat. I think that by providing a lot of raw material - it'll entice people who combat all the time to maybe work on some skills that they've conveniently gotten the resources for.

On the other end, it's also an incentive for people to who skill all day to come by and work on combat since that's where you can make the most money

[/hide]

Obviously the whole game is geared towards combat, it would be silly not to be since combat (in my books) is one of the only fun things, and all games are geared towards combat pretty much. but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat, it already is 20x more profitable than skilling, so why make it even more?

Please read:

The whole game is tailored more or less towards combat. I think that by providing a lot of raw material - it'll entice people who combat all the time to maybe work on some skills that they've conveniently gotten the resources for.

On the other end, it's also an incentive for people to who skill all day to come by and work on combat since that's where you can make the most money

i can repeet posts 2!11

but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat

if skillings less profitable then the reason people do it is for fun/capes, not for money so adding more money isn't really an insenstive it just [cabbage]s on the time they put into mining/farming/crafting :o

it completely negates a load of things, if people are gettting 1k charged orbs as a fairly common drop then obelisks are done.

i dunno, if somethings not broke, don't fix it.

drops were find before.

plus itl only entice secondary skils, not primaries which are the ones being screwed over. secondary skills win with this update.

What are you saying?

You're not making any sense - Jagex is doing a perfect job of drawing people towards skills that weren't utilized much before.

If you already do a skill because you want to - there's no reason to entice you even more to do it - you're already doing it.

Your description of primary/secondary skill is kind of dumb. How do you expect them to boost your wc/fishing/mining exp? There's nothing they can do other then change the whole in game mechanic or add a ton of new things. Like you said "if it ain't broke - don't fix it". These skills are fine as they are - there's no reason to add anything else to them.

Your argument is very nonsensical - by adding a large amount of raw drops from melee, you claim that Jagex is ruining the skill.

If anything, they're making the skill easier to train which is actually a step towards reviving it.

capt%20kevin.png

[hide]

[hide]

Nothing stops bots, you can make bots for anything, RuneScape is quite a simple game.

There are farming bots aswell.

This ROW update is dumb IMO. Why change the drops? Slayer was already 20x more pfoitable than mining, and more fun. Now coal prices etc will drop making mining a really boring skill and less profitable. Can't see any plus points really except that slayers get richer.

Runescape is now really a PvM game - skills arent needed apart from herblore.

A lot of people don't PVM though. And if skills arn't needed then why are raw materials.. hmm?

So you think Jagex are purposefully trying to ruin skills?

No, but most of the game is tailored specifically for combat. I'm not saying I like it - that's just the way it is.

Let's take a look at some skills -

Atk/Str/Def/Magic/Range/Pray/Hp/Summoning/Slayer are pretty much all combat skills

Farming was made for herblore and herbore for combat

Mining/Smithing was from the old days - where getting armor drops were pretty rare, so many relied on these skills to get their armor

Firemaking - Other then an easy 99, it looks like to me - the only real reason to level this is of the hand cannon

DG - I think we can agree that most people do this for the rewards (in the form of chaotic/prayer/etc)

Fishing/Cooking - mainly used to get food for combat (back when the only real other way to get food was to buy kebabs in Al Kharid >.<)

Construction - looks like a LARGE amount of people come just for the altars

[/hide]

Obviously the whole game is geared towards combat, it would be silly not to be since combat (in my books) is one of the only fun things, and all games are geared towards combat pretty much. but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat, it already is 20x more profitable than skilling, so why make it even more?

Please read:

i can repeet posts 2!11

but a lot of people (for some reason) don't enjoy combat

if skillings less profitable then the reason people do it is for fun/capes, not for money so adding more money isn't really an insenstive it just [cabbage]s on the time they put into mining/farming/crafting :o

it completely negates a load of things, if people are gettting 1k charged orbs as a fairly common drop then obelisks are done.

i dunno, if somethings not broke, don't fix it.

drops were find before.

plus itl only entice secondary skils, not primaries which are the ones being screwed over. secondary skills win with this update.

What are you saying?

You're not making any sense - Jagex is doing a perfect job of drawing people towards skills that weren't utilized much before.

If you already do a skill because you want to - there's no reason to entice you even more to do it - you're already doing it.

Your description of primary/secondary skill is kind of dumb. How do you expect them to boost your wc/fishing/mining exp? There's nothing they can do other then change the whole in game mechanic or add a ton of new things. Like you said "if it ain't broke - don't fix it". These skills are fine as they are - there's no reason to add anything else to them.

Your argument is very nonsensical - by adding a large amount of raw drops from melee, you claim that Jagex is ruining the skill.

If anything, they're making the skill easier to train which is actually a step towards reviving it.

[/hide]

ruining the primary skills because you get almost nothing now, and Im sure it'll be even less soon.

I never said they should fix primary skills, also I said that about drops from monsters.

I'm talking almost purely about primary skills.

some1 just got 4 Magic Tree Seeds from Dark Beasts

Oggymasta.png

Current drops: 4 Shield Left Half, 3 Abyssal Whip, 2 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Dragon Plateskirt, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets, 1 Dragon Spear 1 Dark Bow

if only i waited to get 99 slayer lolol

I second this.

Although with my massive 1.5M bank I did buy some basic Slayer stuff. One and a half tasks later I have 3.3M but not seen any of the new rares table. <_<

Oh well, time to go for 26M Slay xp.

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

if only i waited to get 99 slayer lolol

I second this.

Although with my massive 1.5M bank I did buy some basic Slayer stuff. One and a half tasks later I have 3.3M but not seen any of the new rares table. <_<

Oh well, time to go for 26M Slay xp.

i second this haha

tenebri.png

So where appears to be the best place to get these drops?

Like, if I were to farm a monster, which one?

From what I can see, slay on.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Were large amounts of torstol (seed&herb) only part of the glitch or are they still possibly loot?

It's the new "rare drops" that Ring of wealth makes you get more. It does not seem to be a glitch.

What the hell are they doing? So every monster in Runescape is constantly giving Nex-level drops now. I don't even want to see imagine how this turns out. Can anyone say overpowered?

PS. They should go all out and be like f- it and give every player a set of party hats to go with as well. I mean, they ARE pretty hard to obtain, aren't they?

guys a rat just dropped 2 meats, i swear

Crap the market is gonna crash omfggggggg

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest