25-May-2011 � Death Hats, Draynor and Upgrades

For all you ranters about the Gold Mining outfit:

We've changed the golden mining outfit from last week's Lava Flow Mine release, for players who own both the complete outfit AND any version of the Varrock armour reward from Varrock Tasks. The change means that these players can wear either platebody while mining, and receive both the 2.5% boost to earned Mining XP (so long as they're wearing the other four parts of the golden mining outfit) as well as having the chance of receiving extra ores (up to whatever ore your Varrock armour would normally allow).
Emma_Hewitt.png

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25-May-2011 Death Hats, Draynor and Upgrades

Draynor Graphical Improvement

The already quite spooky Draynor Village and Manor have become even spookier with today's graphical improvement. The market has been given a more bazaar makeover, the buildings are more fittingly sombre, a murder of crows has flocked to the tiny village and the whole area is now shrouded in darkness and fog. Why not drink in the sights next time you pay a visit to Diango or the Wise Old Man? Just not literally that fog is a real pea-souper, and who knows what it consists of...

Does anyone know what that means?

I think they are just making fun of the murky green-blue colour of the fog around new Draynor. I don't think its anything RuneScape related.

Draynor looks pretty. Some of the upgrades are nice as well, though that bolts part...meh.

Oh, and Ned has a wife now. :blink:

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

What exactley happend to bolt fletching? I dont quite understand it and cant test it since i'm f2p atm. What is wrong with make 15?

For the average player, it will speed things up. However, it was previously possible to add feathers to bolts super-ultra-fast using mousekeys, which made for very fast training. That's no longer possible.

[hide=Outdated after reading Metagame forum topic]

Crystal bows and shields can now be recharged to full regardless of their current charge, so you don't have to use them until they revert to seed form.

This was the highlight for me. Am I remembering incorrectly, or isn't it the case that crystal bows are actually better/faster DPS than knives/darts while at full and 9/10 states? I could never be bothered to use the old shot counting and bow swapping method before, but if they can be easily recharged now and they're actually better, I'd be happy to use them.

Can anyone confirm or refute the DPS ranking of crystal bow vs. knives?

[/hide]

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I loved the new Draynor, then I saw the tree's. South Falador is still my favorite area.

Use the new tree's or don't update the area imo. :P

Lots of nice little updates, nothing that'll change much for me, but some helpful ones.

Ugh now with this bolt update there are even fewer skills that actually require any skill. They nerfed 1 tick prayer/cooking, mud runes, and now bolts. What next, they'll add plank make-x or drop-x? The game is really turning more and more into a competition of how many hours you can put into the game, with very little skill involved. I'm thinking of quitting :| Y'all can enjoy afkscape.

The following bosses and monsters can now be attacked with a left-click: all God Wars bosses, Dagannoth Kings, King Black Dragon, Kalphite Queen, Bork, Skeletal Horror, tormented demons, dark beasts, iron/steel/mithril dragons, strykewyrms and mutated bloodvelds.

!!!

Best part of this update.

!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Whats that boat for in draynor?

Sailing, fool. Just scenery, really.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Ugh now with this bolt update there are even fewer skills that actually require any skill. They nerfed 1 tick prayer/cooking, mud runes, and now bolts. What next, they'll add plank make-x or drop-x? The game is really turning more and more into a competition of how many hours you can put into the game, with very little skill involved. I'm thinking of quitting :| Y'all can enjoy afkscape.

Not much in the game ever required skill, just repeating a certain process/action many times.

Runescape and skill should never be in the same sentence and if its taken you this long to release its a time-sink then you probably should quit.

Winarr.png

Then how will Jagex allow bot makers to make bots so easily without all of these afk updates? Instead of making it more afk-able to train, they should redo the tiers so you get a compromisable amount of xp per level instead of having to stick with a lower level item to train. Basically they should increase the xp even more per item as you go up. Inb4boltfletchlimit.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I disagree. What's so exciting about mindlessly hammering away on your mousekeys? The change to make-x is fantastic IMO. It keeps players (like myself for example) from going insane and/or getting carpal tunnel training mundane skills.

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

Whats that boat for in draynor?

Sailing, fool. Just scenery, really.

I smell a sequal to the dragon slayer since need has a 'wife' and there is a new dock and row boat. Or... Just hopes and dreams...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is it just me, or did Jagex seriously screw up teleporting? It's taking me about 3-5 seconds to fully teleport with Kyatt to Piscatoris, and another 3-5 seconds from obelisk to CW. Making it almost impossible to train summoning.

And that's with min settings.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I disagree. What's so exciting about mindlessly hammering away on your mousekeys? The change to make-x is fantastic IMO. It keeps players (like myself for example) from going insane and/or getting carpal tunnel training mundane skills.

Players like you already had bows, arrows and darts to train like that. I enjoyed trying to optimize the amount of xp I could get by fletching while doing other things. Being able to fletch while I did something like woodcutting was much more engaging than clicking on a tree, watching a youtube video, and dropping every once in a while.

I think that afk methods should exist, but to get the best xp, players should have to do something that requires attention and skill, to reward players who are willing to do that. Bolts and the other nerfed options I mentioned offered that, but jagex removed them to pander to the lazy and complacent players who refuse to look at their screen more often than once every 20 seconds.