30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

SirHartlar

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish they would stop banging on about clans/community and concentrate on fixing the bot problem that is destroying the game day by day.

It's the year of the clans though, remember?

I find it quite awsome that clans are actually getting not only recognition, but bases, WHICH FLY. Looking at the ammount of stuff shown, those flying citadels sure won't be small.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I'm hoping the citadels offer perks and whatnot similar to how WoW's clans work. Because of the potential scope of this update I'm hoping this isn't just designed for warring clans. I fully expect to see a teleport option, possibly a clan bank, a regular bank, and skill training perks for training in the area.

I could see the perks getting larger and more grandiose with how long the clans existed and how much has been completed within the citadel. Maybe access to the perks would be controlled by either rank or length of time within the clan.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm curious as to why they're announcing this update so early... I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much, but it does sound like a rather exciting update.

*Watches construction material prices go up.* :-#

I just posted a question in the New RSOF thread, I hope that they don't royally screw up all of the facets that make this update a truly balanced and well maintained update... I.E. no insane amounts of experience gained while in the citadel for cheap, no easily gatherable resources that can be traded, or other glitchy stuff.... :shame:

EDIT: From the sounds of the response I got from Mod Kathy, it sounds like Citadels will be like a mini-dungeoneering-esque place for clans. I mean dungeoneering-esque in the lightest terms though as it sounds like the principle of no items in/out from either "plane" as they can't be tainted blah blah. That sort of stuff. Makes me happy, until I watch on the 26th as people glitch multiple sets of whatever outside of the area and then proceed to make a profit of it and not be banned....

Edited by mlskid

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Anyone notice on the little island that it looks like they were sketching a portal there? I hope that it has a portal AND teleport access.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I won't be able to access my clan's citadel. :( Oh well, at least I still have my cape. :)

Looks very interesting though. I can't wait to see how they come out.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Your mighty fortress will not only be your home, but also a proving ground within which you and your clan-mates can gather resources and learn to work and fight as one, whether it’s for future battles or just to prove that you’re the greatest clan in the game!

Does that mean skill resources?

Also, I laughed at their first statement

We’ve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

:thumbdown:

Can't wait to see players in w2 near grand exchange getting pk'd

O wait that was gonna b a surprise!

Sadly, I think this might actually happen.... So before the update week i'm definitely banking everything and then logging on. :mrgreen:

EDIT: @above, Yes, that is in reference to resources for skills such as woodcutting, combat, runecrafting, summoning, etc... at least from What i've read i'd assume so. But then again, we only have to wait what? 26 hours until we can read more about it? :shades:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Biggest update of the year? nah sounds lame to me, whats with jagex's obsession with clans and the community, I couldn't care less the clan system was fine 5 years ago.

Bbk.png

Biggest update of the year? nah sounds lame to me, whats with jagex's obsession with clans and the community, I couldn't care less the clan system was fine 5 years ago.

LOL, this year's theme is... CLANS. Remember that from all the way back in the beginning of the year? I'd assume also that is why they are calling it the biggest update of the year, as the year is based around clans, and then this is the biggest clan update... Personally if ROTM comes out this year, that'll be the biggest update to me. :unsure:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Please Jagex dont let RS turn into EVE with Player owned stations, areas, etc.

Hilarious. With absolutely every update there are people that compare rs to other games. Truth is, there is not much completely "original" you can do these days...

Anyway, this sounds super cool.

Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Should be Good Update with your Clan members being able to help get resources, build Rooms, training areas. I'm sure there will be Monsters in Dungeons/Rooms to be Fighting. Probably an area for making Battles. To bad its only for P2p since F2p has Clans to.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)

Will probably be stuff like magic/ yew trees or new locations for other redundant but fairly high level content (charm sprites, adamant ore etc).

Either that or another poorly worded post, maybe something such as a clan bank for supplies such as sharks etc (obviously you would have to trust clan members not to just clean it...)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]