30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

SirHartlar

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like it if you could move your house into your clan citadel. Would also justify that silly Yanille portal that I shouldn't have built in marble in my house and can't bear to take down.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Sounds like a player owned clan house. If this is the biggest update of the year in terms of content, I'm going to be disappointed. Jagex has so much potential that they could work with this update, or it could just be a bunch of rooms where people sit down and do nothing. I'm curious to see how they're going to approach this, heh

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Maybe I'm just ignorant of clans as I've never seen a point in joining one in a game like this over the years, but I do feel like Jagex is adding all this clan support for something that's not really that important in the game. I guess there is more "multiplayer" content now than there ever was, and maybe that is their new direction for the game.

Could they be adding the necessary infrastructure prior to adding more multiplayer content? Or just fluffing things up?

I will say that part of the reason I keep coming back is that I can choose between playing single player (even easier with the GE, but I do miss Fally park/Varrock garden) or multiplayer activities as I desire, both against monsters and players. Unlike other games where the best and relevant content forces you into cooperating with what can often be described as headless chickens. :-|

Queue the "anti-MMO-MMO-player" song and dance. :thumbsup:

Still, this could be really awesome and a stepping point for RS in the next few years, or just another empty location forgotten by the majority of the player base.

Oh and the bugs....I'll be sure not to play the day this is released. :wink:

Random thought:

Perhaps this is the true reason they were trialling the instanced world thing. Wouldnt be surprised if clan can meet up in their citadel across all worlds.

Hey. Not a bad idea.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Well, this will prove amusing no matter how it turns out. I'm particularly interested in the idea of the resources based in the citadel. It just might be a step forward as a solution to the population problem. If it's overpowered in the sense it can match normal grinding methods - great, it'll bring you peace from the botting masses being together with people of the same mind. You'll get levels and company to chat with, just no loot.

And hopefully even using those resources and hard work to build a better citadel. If they execute it correctly this could be really awesome. However I sincerely doubt it will be the biggest update of the year. I assume the reintroduction of free trade and wild (if you want to really call it an update), Nex, and the upcoming ROTM quest are in line to be first before these citadels.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

If it is possible for visitors to join me and the rest of my clan "up there" in our citadel, we'll have an open door policy...

I'll be honest with you that this is something I had dreamt of the day regular POH's came out, and have been predicting (see older Tiems article) that this would be what the giant portal under construction is for in the Clan Camp...

I hope sincerely that it is all that I wanted it to be :D

Good show Jagex...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

This shouldn't be the BTS for the whole of July, rather just the ending week.

They're due to release the full thing later today. Pray hard.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If it is possible for visitors to join me and the rest of my clan "up there" in our citadel, we'll have an open door policy...

Other players will be able to visit the citadel. More details about the citadels will be released soon.

Mod Kathy, [qfc]16-17-432-62940143[/qfc] page 22

pretty confident of them to put a dateline on this

who wants to place bets on how far its delayed?

Don't jinx it! ._.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I've never been a big clan person, ever. I have a few close friends and other friends, which I do nearly every group activity with. I'm in a clan right now because it's a W44 clan with acouple friends, not to mention good people to know. Overall, I see this as a useless update, and a possible major disappointment for many, many players. It can be useful if and only if the resources are worthy or training at. Possibly farming to plant magic trees to cut, or construction to make farming patches? Seems like it could involve a lot fo dungeoneering mechanics, and I imagine it's all going to be instanced (o the bug abuse). Guess I'll wait all month and see....There was more hype about the ROTM area than this, to be honest.

pretty confident of them to put a dateline on this

who wants to place bets on how far its delayed?

Don't jinx it! ._.

Another Moblising Armies anyone?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Well, this will prove amusing no matter how it turns out. I'm particularly interested in the idea of the resources based in the citadel. It just might be a step forward as a solution to the population problem. If it's overpowered in the sense it can match normal grinding methods - great, it'll bring you peace from the botting masses being together with people of the same mind. You'll get levels and company to chat with, just no loot.

And hopefully even using those resources and hard work to build a better citadel. If they execute it correctly this could be really awesome. However I sincerely doubt it will be the biggest update of the year. I assume the reintroduction of free trade and wild (if you want to really call it an update), Nex, and the upcoming ROTM quest are in line to be first before these citadels.

This is what I'm hoping for aswell.

Looking forward to this, we have enjoyed the previous clan updates this year and hope that this will be even better.

It always baffles me how people are so negative about updates - even before the updates happen. While I don't always agree with the decisions and priorities JaGex make, I certainly don't think they do a lousy job on making an effort to improve the game. Just look at some of the reactions here: Several say "As long as they don't make the game imbalanced by giving the citadels lots of ressource spawns..." and many say the opposite "This update is worthless unless they make great new training spots". Then some people refuse to be in a clan, or clan updates are nothing for them. Some are F2P, and are excluded - again. A few are dead set killers, and unless the update offers 5 different options for killing, it's quickly deemed worthless. They simply can't win - especially since the dissatisfied ones often are more opinionated AKA loud about it. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

I agree with Laikrob. For Jagex with such a large audience, it's impossible for them to please everybody, or at least do an update aimed at everybody. Just because one isn't aimed at you doesn't mean they are bad at their job, it is useless or is a waste.

Looks like it could be good to me. I love the idea of building a Castle/citadel with a group.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Bleh, some of you guys are spoil sports.

This has the potential to be great, think minecraft. It is an utterly pointless game really where you have no clear goals, is just a person or a group of people working together to build something amazing.

As long as Jagex can provide enough "pieces" or customization along with some resource gathering, this could be great.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I would have hoped that something like this would be similar to a Guild vs Guild war where the current owner of the clan citadel gets a special unique reward while owning it. Similar to WoE in Ragnarok Online (if that still even exists).

Oh god WoE was the [cabbage] back in the day. My IRL friend was leader of the elite guild on loki he had that special buff from guild levels that you speak of.

There are so many awesome things in that game that would work well in runescape.

Fools_Taco.png

This is what I'm hoping for aswell.

Looking forward to this, we have enjoyed the previous clan updates this year and hope that this will be even better.

It always baffles me how people are so negative about updates - even before the updates happen. While I don't always agree with the decisions and priorities JaGex make, I certainly don't think they do a lousy job on making an effort to improve the game. Just look at some of the reactions here: Several say "As long as they don't make the game imbalanced by giving the citadels lots of ressource spawns..." and many say the opposite "This update is worthless unless they make great new training spots". Then some people refuse to be in a clan, or clan updates are nothing for them. Some are F2P, and are excluded - again. A few are dead set killers, and unless the update offers 5 different options for killing, it's quickly deemed worthless. They simply can't win - especially since the dissatisfied ones often are more opinionated AKA loud about it. :)

That comes to my mind everytime I read an update thread on here. People just wait on jagex to mess up or release something with bugs and glitches then bash how much they suck at handling everything.

What?

m_theory11.png