30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

SirHartlar

Speaking purely in terms of DGS, my thoughts are:

- It's not Daemonheim, so I can't see this being a hangout spot for DGS.

- If non-recruits can't join, I'll be mad - we have a lot of members who are in other clans.

- I think all of DGS will be in our citadel for like a week just to check it out, and that'll be kinda cool, but I can see it being abandoned quickly.

Still, I hope they do this right. It has potential to be cool.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)

Inb4 bot clans.

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Hmm... With being able to gather resources in your clan's citadel, we won't have to compete with bots for resources as much when this comes out. :thumbsup:

(That's assuming that we will be able to get decent resources in there and not just willow trees and trout/salmon fishing spots.)

Inb4 bot clans.

Bot clans wouldn't affect other clans though, each clan should have its own citadel with its own resources.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Weve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

I'm surely missing something...

This update really shows Jagex has lost every single touch with the playerbase.

I have to admit that i'm having mixed feelings about this update.

Sure i'm drooling becuase of all the potential rewards that could come from this. Multiple teleportals, clan only training spots, clan bank ect.

But, depending on how expensive this will be and any in game rewards, this might kill some of the smaller clans. People new to the clan world will just join a huge clan to just take advantage of the citadel and some of the communities will start to degrade. I can see this turning into any other game where clans offer an in game bonus and clans might start adding members fees to joining the clan or to stay in the clan.

Its going to be harder to find a clan to just hang out and chat with after this comes out.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Weve seen some huge updates this year but, on July 26 2011, we eclipse them all as we reach for the skies and unleash our biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels!

Nobody uses clans? news to me.

Nobody uses clans? news to me.

I believe he was refering to Jagex saying that there have been some huge updates this year. If Jagex ever listened to the playerbase then they would realise that no one really thinks there have been any significantly large updates this year.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

What if it was an instanced area? That could be useful for DGS as many people dung on either 151 or 99 so having a central hub would be useful.

Other then that, won't effect me too much. Shame they think this is going to be significant.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Random thought:

Perhaps this is the true reason they were trialling the instanced world thing. Wouldnt be surprised if clan can meet up in their citadel across all worlds.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Would be interesting to have clan wars using these. Two clan's citadels could "fall from the sky and land near each other", and each clan could attack the other clan's citadel. Add new concepts to the war such as CTF, King of the Hill, and straight up deathmatch... too bad they won't do this :rolleyes:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I knew I should have bought the Facepalm emote.

Only lasting update of this year has been Troll Invasion x.x

That said, Jagex has really missed the boat on incentivizing clans. While a few years ago, before the removal of the old Wild and free trade, clans had actual purpose, clans now don't have as much presence or meaning. Runescape is less an MMO and more a single player game that has other people (who are most often bots) in it.

Edit: And yeah, I'm mad that people are being paid to sit around making more and more [cabbage]ty clan updates.

Ruleroflight.png

Would be interesting to have clan wars using these. Two clan's citadels could "fall from the sky and land near each other", and each clan could attack the other clan's citadel. Add new concepts to the war such as CTF, King of the Hill, and straight up deathmatch... too bad they won't do this :rolleyes:

Jagex isn't that cool

Could be good, could be bad, I also agree with Obtaurian. But if this is the biggest update of the year I'm not really happy. It doesn't add anything to training skills, or at least, I doubt adding/removing clan citadel rooms is going to be the next construction powertraining.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Will probably be stuff like magic/ yew trees or new locations for other redundant but fairly high level content (charm sprites, adamant ore etc).

Either that or another poorly worded post, maybe something such as a clan bank for supplies such as sharks etc (obviously you would have to trust clan members not to just clean it...)

If they do that they'll make the game even easier.

Consider it the way that it was discussed on another recent topic (think it was the one about instanced tzharr stuff or something). IF you have good instanced resources that can be used to make money - however inefficient or impractical - just think of all the extra resources coming into the game. More supply, less demand thus saturating the economy with resources that it cannot cope with. Think of how many hundreds of thousands of players there are in RS, then think of all the clans who'll have a citadel. Admittedly not everyone will use it - Obt's point basically - but think of all those that will fill it with good resources.

Either it'll become an "overpowered" place with the ability to accumulate saught after resources without competition thus increasing the supply of resources and driving down prices. Or it'll become an abandoned idea that once was popular for 24 hours of game time due to not being allowed to put rune ores and magic trees in there.

Admittedly I'd love that to happen, I've got many skills I currently want to raise and if the prices fell it would help greatly, but it's meant to be a challenge, and there's nothing challenging if Jagex is offering people the chance to have no competition at resources and then allowing them to saturate the market with the stuff. IMHO they need to make these citadels like Dungeoneering. You find the place abandoned from long ago, you find some basic tools, you find some basic resources, you get resources, make better tools, then use the better things to make your citadel.

BUT from the wording of the post and the logic that is Jagex's collective hive mind, this will be geared towards making the game even easier.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

"Resources in the Citadels cannot be taken outside of the Citadels. They will have no effect on the RuneScape economy." - Mod Crow, RSOF topic

I imagine all the resources that are gathered in that area are strictly for building and upgrading the citadel. The exp rate will probably be abysmal-mediocre :) (mtk-type xp ftw? XD)

"Resources in the Citadels cannot be taken outside of the Citadels. They will have no effect on the RuneScape economy." - Mod Crow, RSOF topic

I imagine all the resources that are gathered in that area are strictly for building and upgrading the citadel. The exp rate will probably be abysmal-mediocre :) (mtk-type xp ftw? XD)

And this update just became worthless to me. No longer going to be looking for a clan to join. :thumbdown:

Well, this will prove amusing no matter how it turns out. I'm particularly interested in the idea of the resources based in the citadel. It just might be a step forward as a solution to the population problem. If it's overpowered in the sense it can match normal grinding methods - great, it'll bring you peace from the botting masses being together with people of the same mind. You'll get levels and company to chat with, just no loot.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Apparently, dungeoneering won't be one of the skills used in the Citadels.

I was also thinking that it may become instanced like the Fight Pits.

Looking forward to it :)

Ya i was also thinking that, also do we know if we could see these things from the ground?

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

And this update just became worthless to me. No longer going to be looking for a clan to join. :thumbdown:

Then you, like many other people in this thread, are demonstrating an astounding lack of creativity. What about banks, furnaces, anvils, party rooms, mass transportation, access to POH's? What about the enjoyment of actually working as a group to build a large structure you can call your own?

Honestly. Bandwagons are fun and all, but you can't criticise Jagex for rolling out actually good concepts for updates. If this is what I think this is, this is the 'real' Clan Update.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

They can't even manage updating the trees in areas they have been graphically enhancing, no doubt we won't see those castles floating around. Just an instanced area with maybe an edge with a blue sky resembling the floating piece of rock.