30-Jun-2011 Introducing: Clan Citadels

SirHartlar

Well, how often does jagex release an update that doesn't cause a major bug? About half the time? That's a terrible track record for a "major" games development company and makes massive skepticism reasonable

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just hoping that this isn't our BTS for the month. :unsure:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

For those complaining about "If this is the biggest update of the year..." it is better worded on their Twitter account:

We've just announced #RuneScape's biggest update of the year so far: Clan Citadels! http://t.co/GlkHsCT

(https://twitter.com/#!/RuneScape/status/86476365674713088)

I think it's an awesome update regardless... So much hate. :(

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

So far... that'll do, I guess.

They do need to re-word the "We've seen some big updates this year", though.

We have seen, though.

Support for clans?

Removing PK worlds and returning the economy to what it should be, whilst keeping the grand exchange? (some may call this a downgrade, I don't give a dog about that opinion tho)

They're pretty big, you can't disagree. Or, you can, but that makes you typical rs player.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

We have seen, though.

Support for clans?

Removing PK worlds and returning the economy to what it should be, whilst keeping the grand exchange? (some may call this a downgrade, I don't give a dog about that opinion tho)

They're pretty big, you can't disagree. Or, you can, but that makes you typical rs player.

To be pedantic, "some" is on the scale of more than "few" and "couple".

Of the top of my head I've got Nex, Return of Free Trade, and Clan Support, but nothing else this year really stands out. Especially from the last 3 months.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

We have seen, though.

Support for clans?

To be pedantic, "some" is on the scale of more than "few" and "couple".

Of the top of my head I've got Nex, Return of Free Trade, and Clan Support, but nothing else this year really stands out. Especially from the last 3 months.

To be a pedant "some" merely means more than 1.

2 apples is still some apples.

But yeah top of my head wild+free trade would be 1, nex for 2, clan support for 3, the death mechanic changes is a possible fourth and the prayer ashes/skill urns for a 5th. 4th and 5th are kinda small in themselves but had big impact/implications to game play tactics and training methods so big in that way.

Then jagex probably counts Livid farm, artisians workshop, the new capes as "big" too.

So I'd say theres been atleast 3-5 big updates this year; but in jagex math probably 8ish

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If it is possible for visitors to join me and the rest of my clan "up there" in our citadel, we'll have an open door policy...

Other players will be able to visit the citadel. More details about the citadels will be released soon.

Mod Kathy, [qfc]16-17-432-62940143[/qfc] page 22

Well then; Open door policy it is :)

Everyone is hereby invited to come check us out :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Sounds massive. I just hope it can look anywhere near as good as the picture...

I wonder, if building the citadel to the highest tiers is based off of members' skill levels, what's to stop maxed players from whoring out their totals? This would just seem to go contrary to their requirement of having to have 5 members stay at all times or rather, having permanent members.

I'd ask this on the thread but it looks as though she isn't answering questions anymore...

2dgucz6.png

I wonder, if building the citadel to the highest tiers is based off of members' skill levels, what's to stop maxed players from whoring out their totals? This would just seem to go contrary to their requirement of having to have 5 members stay at all times or rather, having permanent members.

I'd ask this on the thread but it looks as though she isn't answering questions anymore...

I imagine that you would end up having to 'downgrade' your citadel if the levels of your clan drop below the required amounts for a certain tier. Alas, this is another reason why the clan system can't cope with multi-clanning. People can [bleep] out their levels all they like, but it's probably only going to matter if those people actually stay in the clan.

EDIT: I'm really hoping that this update will give us some useful content for Construction between 75 and 99. Being a show of wealth is fun and all, but this is a good opportunity to add some meat to that end of the skill.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I imagine that you would end up having to 'downgrade' your citadel if the levels of your clan drop below the required amounts for a certain tier. Alas, this is another reason why the clan system can't cope with multi-clanning. People can [bleep] out their levels all they like, but it's probably only going to matter if those people actually stay in the clan.

EDIT: I'm really hoping that this update will give us some useful content for Construction between 75 and 99. Being a show of wealth is fun and all, but this is a good opportunity to add some meat to that end of the skill.

I remember them saying a while back, maybe even a year ago, that they couldn't do much with POHs because they were pushing their limits as it was. I wonder if this update's code can be retrofitted to improve POHs a bit?

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

4 map squares as in area or as in each side?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

So practically speaking, almost all coding and graphics were devoted to making this update? Shows why we haven't gotten any standing out content lately.

So much for Clans don't impact other players who don't clan. Yeah, I get this. It's like MA. It's not that it's really good update, just something different and interesting for the developers to code.

I just hope all the work can be put to use somewhere else.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

4 map squares as in area or as in each side?

They just said 4 map squares big, so I would assume area.

They said soul wars is 3 wide, so I would assume it is 3 x 1. Citadels are probably 2 x 2.

Here's soul wars map for comparison.

714px-SW-Map.PNG

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

I think all that just hyped it up a bit too much. I think it will be awesome but with how much he said right there, I feel like some people might be disappointed.

Wouldn't that be a mighty surprise.

I think all that just hyped it up a bit too much. I think it will be awesome but with how much he said right there, I feel like some people might be disappointed.

It is always best to take what JMods say with a grain of salt. This is just part of the hyping process. However I do believe that this has the potential to be a fun update.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky