Behind The Scenes � January

Mil

efffff the 90 fm requirement. That's gonna take a while to get, and I kinda wanted Magic/Smithing/Woodcutting to be my first 90s... blargh. *puts qp cape on cape rack for the foreseeable future*

To be fair, they've been trending in this direction for a while. I do hope they don't do much more of it, though. Those who, like myself, love the quests but hate the training won't like it very much.

Other than that, looks fairly standard... graphical updates & retooling Burthrope, barrows promotion (visage? whaaaa?), more bonus combat xp (and agil, primarily for those still lacking for RotM I'd guess). Bonus XP is always fun, if a little dubious, and I tend to enjoy the graphical updates, though I'm not sure Barrows really needs it. My overall opinion has to therefore be a mildly-enthused 'meh'.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To celebrate, there'll be a chance to find loot not previously available in the Barrows, such as a draconic visage, as well as a chance for double drops, for a whole week after launch!

I saw some discussion on the RSOF, so I read through the BTS again. Sounds like perhaps I was getting ahead of myself. From the sounds of this statement, the Visages will only be there for the "celebration" week.

Back to slaying, I go... Oh look, 30 Miths... :P

quests <3 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and able to replay some old quests? ;) hope this is not a 1 time deal, and that they make more quests that way :D

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Those of you who hate FM as much as I do can just go do Barbarian Assault for a few hours. A full horn gives a lot more experience in firemaking than in Agility or Mining so if you hate burning logs, I would head to Barbarian Assault.

Those of you who hate FM as much as I do can just go do Barbarian Assault for a few hours. A full horn gives a lot more experience in firemaking than in Agility or Mining so if you hate burning logs, I would head to Barbarian Assault.

And do weekly penguins. It takes less than an hour and gives generous experience.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Have people not heard of the jadinko lair?? Once you get to 83 (easy in any skill with rates greater than 100k-200k an hr) you get a less-click, high xp, free way to train firemaking. Basically there is no reason to worry about getting 90.. jadinko lair can also have the ability to give ugune seeds for juju farming potions. Win-win-win-win.

Need 83 woodcut as well, just saying.

And do weekly penguins. It takes less than an hour and gives generous experience.

off topic: Tears of guthix, circus, penguins points and the latest troll raid... Are these the jagex's answer to rest exp which exists in other mmos?

Looking forward to the quest :D. 99 Firemaking was my first 99 so I already have the requirements.

But I'm looking forward to the barrows update the most. I thoroughly enjoy barrows. Although I very much doubt I'll be taking advantage of this because I have exams coming up, however I shall definitely aim to get at least one barrows item :). Looks to be a good month though. :).

Where is the love for Akrisae? :(

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Where is the love for Akrisae? :(

No doubt Akrisae was not included on the concept art as runefest was pre-ROTM, or atleast soon enough after ROTM (can't recall quite when it appeared) for them to not want to spoiler it via reveal Akrisae enmass.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I hope the actual rewards from the methods of training to be released with this quest haven't been nerfed to match the now-lowered reqs.

Complaining won this time, I guess.

Yeah, I can see that happening. Even though I do have 99 FM, I still wouldn't mind higher requirements in other skills for future quests (such as 90 Woodcutting, etc).

j0xPu5R.png

I am both happy and disappointed that they lowered it. I was looking forward to train 90fm. Now I don't have the motivation for it anymore. Only need 1 level now :(

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Far as I see it, it hampers the game. We need some monstrous skill requirements, the sooner the better, otherwise the game will simply continue to drag it's ass slowly creeping up higher and higher meaning we'll have to wait longer for some very awesome quests that hold potentially very satisfying rewards.

Fair enough, many may not be able to do the quest upon release, but hey, it isn't going anywhere, you don't have to do it straight away, just level here and there and do other things in the mean time.

Urgh, it's really annoyed me that Jagex caved in to this.

04-Jan-2012 16:19:22

Hi

Today we have taken the decision to reduce the requirement for this months Firemakers Curse quest. We are reducing the Firemaking level required to complete the quest to level 74 (from level 90).

We are also increasing the Firemaking requirement to access the associated pets and one of the unique skill rewards from level 90 to level 91.

The behind the scenes article has been changed accordingly.

Simply put, I want to make this excellent piece of content more accessible to a greater number of players, and I do not think its appropriate to ask a player interested in story content to have to get level 90 in Firemaking.

Its always difficult to make changes to content at the last minute (especially for the developers and testers involved) and I should have identified this at a much earlier stage in the development of the quest. The high-level firemakers will still have access to unique content, so I hope those that already have achieved level 91 will feel that the unique rewards are a return for doing so.

Please remember that statements made in the BTS are often subject to change, although we do everything in our power to avoid it where possible.

Feel free to post your feedback here.

Cheers for reading

Well I'm usually not interested in post-quest content (I do quests for story-related content), so this is nice.

BLARGH!

Was 86 FM, saw the 90 req. and bang, 90 Firemaking through the Jadinko Lair :thumbup:

Then I need 74...Eh? :mellow:

Ah well, at least the related stuff is at 91, more motivation to get the next level now :rolleyes:

Inb4 the reward is 74-90 Firemaking :wink:

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

So they decided to baby the whiners? Doesn't surprise me. Lazy people will always whine.

Hopefully Jagex ignore them someday so Runescape isn't filled with more low-level quests then there are already. At least the lazy whiners weren't able to nerf the rewards.

Any idea what the unique skill based reward at 91 would be?

Well...one of them is a pet >.>

Then there's the access to the the skilling activity, but besides that...so far, I've seen nothing that would be worth getting 91 fm for.

I'm kinda disappointed that they dropped it as well...while it was a long way to train for me, it would have been kinda motivating. Oh well, maybe I'll get 91 anyway, at least magic logs will be cheaper now ;)