Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

I CAN HAS SHINY STUFF?? brbcreditcard

If you already subscribe via credit card you just have to press a button! No details needed! How thoughtful of them.

[/hide]

So say you are subscribing by credit card.I hack your account, then can I keep pressing the button to get more and more spins without needing to enter anything?

This is correct.

I am glad I no longer pay by creditcard.

Assuming this happens, they'd also have all your info?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

[hide]

If you already subscribe via credit card you just have to press a button! No details needed! How thoughtful of them.

[/hide]

So say you are subscribing by credit card.I hack your account, then can I keep pressing the button to get more and more spins without needing to enter anything?

This is correct.

Nope, just the last 4 digits of your card number.

The awkward moment when Jagex realizes they just provided a loophole for goldfarmers to use when jagex tries to sue them.

Jagex states something along the lines of "Trading rs items for real cash is against the rules." Yet that is exactly what they're doing. All a goldfarming company would have to do is provide evidence of the rule, jagex breaking that themselves and boom, case is over.

Jagex arent providing any items though. They are giving access to a part of the game called "squeel of fortune". Really don't want to defend Jagex on this issue but they are not directly offering items for irl money any more than p2p gives access to more features for money.

It's a game that's *guaranteed* to give items though. They are doing RWT - but they can do that all they want, there is no reason they can't as long as they abide by the laws.

Wow really they would release this april 2nd. Honestly this is stupid, and they're probably not going to remove it....

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I had to LOL at LDZ's picture. "You can not lose."

GJ saving yourself with the 50GP wins Jagex.

[hide]

[/hide]

This is correct.

Which could then be used in an account recovery later.

09144a99bb.png

[hide]

[/hide]

This is correct.

But who really needs all you details when they can just sit clicking a few buttons for half an hour or so and cost you hundreds of £/$/

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So they removed in-game gambling (dice, horses etc) because it was bad but have now just implemented REAL LIFE GAMBLING! Bloody hell. Please tell me this is April fools...

Apparently it doesn't count as gambling in a real life sense because you cannot win anything of real world value....

In my town we have a half dozen "Internet Sweepstakes" establishments that work similar to this. Gambling is illegal in my state but these get around it, this is how:

-Everyone is given 100 free credits a day

-Or you can buy 100 credits for $1

-You swipe your card into a "computer" that has an interface that looks an awful lot like a slot machine

-You hit the spin button

-You win "bonus credits" determined by what the wheels land on

-"Bonus credits" can then be exchanged for cash at the same 100:1 exchange rate

Sound familiar?

It's "not gambling" because there are guaranteed odds of winning each prize and you aren't using cash for the "sweepstakes". A few of my friends work there so I'll go and hang out every so often (free food / soda doesn't hurt), and it is beyond sad to see people spending their paychecks as soon as they get it on this "not gambling." This is Jagex sliding way down the slippery slope they started with loyalty rewards and sliding right into a dark back alley.

It's not gambling though as you cannot lose while spinning on the Squeal including the fact that you cannot win real life monetary value from the Squeal either (no membership or IRL money is offered as a prize).

Timbo

also completely contradicts

[qfc]254-255-159-63608827[/qfc]

Each week for 4 weeks, we are holding a prize draw for all of those that post here while wearing one of the new skull tattoos! If you have one of these tattoos or know someone who does then make sure that a post is made here for a chance to win these amazing prizes:

Lifetime membership

Signed Squeal of Fortune concept art

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

[hide]

[/hide]

This is correct.

That seems so... Hopefully this gets fixed. :lol:Just 4 Digits. Nvm.

REALLY tempted to head over to HQ and try to talk to someone about why they did this / how did they consider it a good idea..

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

This is correct.

Cool!

*Starts hacking accounts only to buy a couple hundred spins and use the spins...*

(before anyone says anything I am joking)

howlin1eeveesig.png

Um besides the complete disgusting behaviour on jagex part and finally began selling xp for real money. As that is what this is. You can efficiently buy xp now by the common and frequent lamps you get.

Besides that. It appears far too easy for someone who manages to get onto an account, by flawed security on jagex part, to get straight to that page and begin buying that stuff.

This is pretty concerning.. However I cant personally test it as I am worried I might myself end up buying something I dont want if it is automatic like that. From what mentioned in this thread they need to add some security to this as this is real money.

[tick] Save for next time.

What happens once you've legit bought spins, can someone then buy more instantly after that?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Jmod logic. <_<

kdwQd.png

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

^

^

^

That's a relief was about to change my pass in case someone secretly knew it. Not even going to take the risk so still changing it.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Unsure if it always needed re-entering details or if they just hotpatched it in, but here you go:

2af5f46b53e420d3eeb1f4d.png

Hope so - Shows my details already put in but re-entering should fix this for the most part.

If thats the case then my main concern is over with.

Though still disgusting for the games sake atleast they not completely stupid for rl money reasons. (Its hard to know if they are or not. I know I dont trust jagex as a company with such things. An automatic button = more money for them. Kiddies use their parents cards and such..)

Jmod logic. <_<

kdwQd.png

Using a definition to counter critisism. TERRIBLE.

He's right though.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

For what it's worth, here's what I got from 75 spins ($20) - to account for their value, double spin tickets were consumed immediately.

50g

Small Lamp

50g

Small Lamp

Green D'Hide Body

5 Tuna

Small Lamp (Magic)

50g

50g

Rune Battleaxe

50g

Medium Lamp

Double Spin Ticket

Medium Lamp (Constitution)

5 Tuna

Small Lamp (Defense)

50g

Small Lamp

50g

Double Spin Ticket

Double Spin Ticket

Medium Lamp (Hunter)

Uncut Sapphire

50g

40x Steel Arrow

50g

50g

5x Silver ore

Small Lamp (Defense)

50g

50g

50g

3x Gold ore

1x Uncut Sapphire

50g

3x Logs

Double Spin Ticket

Yew Shortbow

Anchovy Pizza

Small Xp Lamp

40x Steel Arrow

50g

Medium Xp Lamp

2x Logs

50g

3x Iron Ore

50g

Small xp lamp (craftging)

Small xp lamp

Green d'hide body

Rune Scimitar

3x Logs

Green d'hide body

Small xp lamp (defense)

Small xp lamp

3x Law rune

50g

Rune Pickaxe

3x Coal

50g

40x Steel Arrow

Small Lamp (firemaking)

Double spin ticket

Small xp lamp

50g

Small xp (defense)

Small xp lamp

50g

50g

Rune Pickaxe

3x Coal

50g

50g

50g

Double Spin Ticket

Small xp Lamp (attack)

Small xp Lamp (ranged)

Small xp Lamp

50g

50g

Small xp Lamp

Medium xp Lamp (defense)

1x Cut Emerald

3x Iron Ore

Small xp Lamp (cooking)

50g

50g

~25-30 mins to spin ~90 times

Money made: ~150-200k (just a handful or rune items)

50k summoning xp

Misc xp in other skills

Considering that items like divine are still very, very rare, and the super-rare item you get isn't necessarily one that you want anyway, I wouldn't say Squeal is a great way of making RS Money or xp even assuming you have infinite real life money. You're basically paying $40/hr to get the same gp/hr or xp/hr you would be able to get by playing as you normally would.

BRB BUYING 99 RUNECRAFTING AND SOME RANDOM SIGIL SHIELDS.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner