Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

hate to say it but mod timbo is techincally right

And this technicality is because this is loaded with behind the scenes legal mumbo jumbo to make this not technically gambling, even though it blatantly is.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be perfectly honest, I don't care about this update. It doesn't effect me, people are still going to complain like they do every other update. What's new?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

It's quite clear to me:

This is either gambling or RWT... It could possibly both, but it sure as hell is at least one of the two...

On top of that they are putting accounts at risk with the "already filled in personal information" thing, which will make owners of already-compromised accounts bankrupt and destitute within the next 24 hours...

"It's bad sir... We thought he had hit rock bottom, but then he grabbed a pickaxe and kept on digging..."

Btw if you think of going for 75 spins:

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Someone on RSOF mentioned this and I thought it was good;

Make a new dicing clan, 1-60 wins a cabbage, 61-100 doubles your bet.

Dicing is now not gambling since you always win.

ROFL
Sephy.png

It looks dangerous for those that using CC to pay member...if hacker gets on that account they can buy spins until card limit and some might not even notice it until they get CC bill

I think if this way continues, jagex going to get alot trouble with unauthorized payments.

I see where they are going, they thinking all ideas to cash out this game so i wouldnt be surprised to be able to buy loaylty points in this year using cash.

Looks like if you are rich enough, you can now buy any skill in no time...

The awkward moment when Jagex realizes they just provided a loophole for goldfarmers to use when jagex tries to sue them.

Jagex states something along the lines of "Trading rs items for real cash is against the rules." Yet that is exactly what they're doing. All a goldfarming company would have to do is provide evidence of the rule, jagex breaking that themselves and boom, case is over.

You honestly think a Gold farming company would bring that argument to a court? "Hey, well they did it then so can we!" - buddy, they own the company. The wrote the rules. The property gold farmers sell belongs to Jagex. If they want to offer you free SoF spins for $, they can...and did. They're not breaking any rules by selling their own products.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

50gp is a loss, a Lucky Divine Spirit Shield is a win. This is not a negotiable statement.

Except in deal or no deal, you actually have an offer [say, 50k] already on the table. This, you start with nothing.

This, you start with the real world money you paid into buying the tickets.

You are purchasing spins. You aren't spending money w/the POSSIBILITY of winning spins. It's a transaction. You pay, they provide with goods.

Gambling, on the other hand, says that you pay and you MIGHT get the spins (and I'm not talking about the bonus spins, I'm talking a spin at all) but might not - and lets face it, with gambling, more often that not, it's the latter option.

MICROTRANSACTION? Sure

Gambling? Very, very, very sketchy at best trying to form an argument to support it.

Okay, let's just clear the fog a bit and lay out the exact situation that we're talking about.

1. Your free, twice/once a day free spin:

a. You log in -> b. You get your free allowance no matter what you have -> c. You spin -> d. You win the prizes.

This I have no problem with. There is nothing of value required to start this game, and indeed, every spin would be a win. From a. to d., the only path is an increase in value of what you own. Since there is only one direction, this is not gambling.

2. Paying for tickets for free spins:

e. You log in with money on your credit card -> f. You pay for the tickets. -> g. You spin -> h. You win a prize greater in value than the money you used to pay for the ticket. (e.g. 10M gp)

or

e. You log in with money on your credit card -> f. You pay for the tickets. -> g. You spin -> i. You win a prize lesser in value than the money you used to pay for the ticket. (e.g. 50gp)

Path e. to h. is a win, whereas path e. to i. is a loss, which represent an increase in the value of things you own and a decrease in value of the things you own respectively. Since there are two possible directions, this is gambling.

You're trying to confuse the matter by just talking about path e. to g., which is just a transaction and isn't where the gambling is.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Okay, let's just clear the fog a bit and lay out the exact situation that we're talking about.

a. You log in -> b. You get your free allowance no matter what you have -> c. You spin -> d. You win the prizes.

This I have no problem with. There is nothing of value required to start this game, and indeed, every spin would be a win. From a. to d., the only path is an increase in value of what you own. Since there is only one direction, this is not gambling.

e. You log in with money on your credit card -> f. You pay for the tickets. -> g. You spin -> h. You win a prize greater in value than the money you used to pay for the ticket. (e.g. 10M gp)

or

e. You log in with money on your credit card -> f. You pay for the tickets. -> g. You spin -> i. You win a prize lesser in value than the money you used to pay for the ticket. (e.g. 50gp)

Path e. to h. is a win, whereas path e. to i. is a loss, which represent an increase in the value of things you own and a decrease in value of the things you own respectively. Since there are two possible directions, this is gambling.

You're trying to confuse the matter by just talking about path e. to g., which is just a transaction and isn't where the gambling is.

Indeed. Since runescape money HAS a real world value (whether Jagex wants to admit it or not), you can stand to lose money by paying for tickets. It is gambling.

crossed_body.png

Spin%20ticket.png

So what's the possibility of farming squeal spins being just as good as farming effigies was? :huh:

They'd have to be MORE common than effigies were for this to me true.

"We dont want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldnt affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

Right...

I hope they make the drops less terrible if you buy spins. Also, wouldn't this technically be indirect RWT or something? :unsure:

There are so many things that make this pathetic and ridiculous.

I think RuneScape just died. Not literally, since I'm sure this update will make them lots of money, even if thousands of members quit over it. Just in spirit. Well. maybe not, this is more or less a very expensive yet fast way to bot without getting banned.

And maybe by the end of the month I'll decide this isn't so bad, and that I can live with it. Not today though. Today, I am ANGRY :evil:

I think RuneScape just died. Not literally, since I'm sure this update will make them lots of money, even if thousands of members quit over it. Just in spirit. Well. maybe not, this is more or less a very expensive yet fast way to bot without getting banned.

And maybe by the end of the month I'll decide this isn't so bad, and that I can live with it. Not today though. Today, I am ANGRY :evil:

I'm wondering if they made the frequent bad drops occur on purpose so they can add this later and play on people's desire for their lucky item. I know they're a business and all, but this is just so many ways this is contrasting their ideas of "spirit of the game".

At the very least, I hope this means I can hoard my free spins instead of having to use them before 8pm est the next day. If not, I will just step away and observe in utter disgust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5txbN0uro

watch a few minutes in

yes this is illegal in every way possible and if Jagex got mad(it's money so they won't be pleased about it and I'm sure it's top priority)

I won't be surprised if I see something about somebody going to jail/getting sued a [bleep] load irl for scamming spins with their paypal

this post will probably get removed but eh worth a shot

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

[hide]

50gp is a loss, a Lucky Divine Spirit Shield is a win. This is not a negotiable statement.

Except in deal or no deal, you actually have an offer [say, 50k] already on the table. This, you start with nothing.

This, you start with the real world money you paid into buying the tickets.

You are purchasing spins. You aren't spending money w/the POSSIBILITY of winning spins. It's a transaction. You pay, they provide with goods.

Gambling, on the other hand, says that you pay and you MIGHT get the spins (and I'm not talking about the bonus spins, I'm talking a spin at all) but might not - and lets face it, with gambling, more often that not, it's the latter option.

MICROTRANSACTION? Sure

Gambling? Very, very, very sketchy at best trying to form an argument to support it.

[/hide]

or

And that, requires you to set a price on gold. And without one set by Jagex, who would be the only ones who could sell gold, there is no win at all. And without the element of uncertainty, it's not a gamble at all. You WILL lose.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER