See the Future...

miner2006

just because they have never done a content update on a satuday doesnt mean it cant be done. Maybe its that big of a deal they want to release it at peak time in the week.

1) Making servers go down in peak times i never a good plan.

2) Jagex mostly works normal office hours, 9-5 monday - friday. I don't see them dragging all the devs, team heads etc on a saturday to do an update. Especially not at 9pm at night, any last minute delays or bugs would see them working ridculously late.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the future made me think Fable 2. O well.

I'm guessing that players can go to any of those cities on that day to receive some sort of trailer showing some future updates? Not really sure :blink:

After having heard a multiple of theories, and thinking about this for myself for quite some time, I think this is what is going to happen. As mentioned here before Jagex would probably not release a major game update at 9 PM GMT on a Saturday. It is probably something which includes less drama. And with Jagex often being quite "direct" with their hints and clues this "See the future" could certainly be supposed to be understood literary. Some kind of trailer or teaser for RS3 being released at that time, at those locations, is therefore totally possible. I will be at GE myself at that time for sure.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

What if its content that doesn't need a server reset? (Similar to how bonus xp weekend starts)

Yeah by content we specifically mean things that require a server restart, not live fixes/hot patches/online updates like bxpw turning on.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

BXPW actually does require a server reset, it just happens days in advance. The relevant code is added in with a previous update, and programmed to go live at a certain time, and then deactivate again at a certain time. They could totally do something like that (the strange power and falling rocks are other examples), but if its more than a few second event, you would want to have extra staff around in case it messes up (BXPW is, or was, rather famous for this, and many of them have required the servers be restarted to update again shortly after the event went live to fix it).

So still probably not going to be anything to ground breaking right away, though this approach does eliminate the need to down the servers during peak hours. Being logged in at this time would probably be a good idea, in case its like strange power.

Sort of nice to have a warning with these sort of things, I'll make sure to record it, and hopefully it will be something nice.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Yeah, I'm still going with POP. The GE doesn't need water near it with it being the central hub of RS and all. It was probably included because they'd reach a lot of people there whether those people were aware of the countdown or not.

There just isn't any other huge content being released. The combat rework is a rework and as such I doubt they'll show it off like that... And it's very doubtful that they have these things planned and ANOTHER DG/Citadel size update that they've been keeping secret.

2dgucz6.png

I think it will be some sort of teaser. I don't think anything else makes sense. A full on update for anything doesn't make sense. It will be something kinda cool I imagine though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Most likely it will be another teaser to RuneScape lore, maybe Zaros rips a piece out of our realm, causing demons to spawn all around the cities, training areas, killing dozens of innocent people, sheep, bots and the like! Or it are spiky Spin-tickets falling from the sky, piercing the last legit players and thus starting the Realm of the Paying Souls, all directed by an American based Zaros, sitting on his golden throne, watching Falador burn to the ground!

Sometimes, my brain acts odd, I guess. :/

Perhaps it will pretend to be on Saturday night but not go live until some time later. (Monday?) The time for the initial bot nuke did not coincide with the release either.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Someone on the RSOF pointed out that both the Strange Power and Falling rock teasers were both on a Saturday in the evening.

As this is the case expect something along those lines I'd say.

eh....

those changes weren't forecasted. they were meant to be SEEN firsthand. wouldn't lump them in same category.

8f14270694.jpg

I will say, this as sparked my interest. I'm curious to see what their announcement is. My only thought is that it couldn't be that grand of an announcement if they choose to embed the count down in a forum post.

tFtfA.jpg

Surely it can't be too much of a big deal because if it was, wouldn't they have the timer on the main-page of RuneScape, rather than in their forums?

Maybe not in the immediate near future, but then again this could be them hyping up the community to be aware some big project of theirs is coming down the line. The more hype, the more talk... the more talk, the more notice it gets... The more notice it gets the more curious people get... You understand. Seems we play the same game every time something, even remotely small, comes down the line and everyones analyzing every scrape and morsel of information.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

See the future = 'Sea' the future = Player owned ports.

However, it's most likely a teaster to the actual PoP.

See the future... future? "Future" sounds like "few chair'! Few chair, as in not enough chairs - perhaps referring to the party game musical chairs.

OH MY GOD MUSIC SKILL CONFIRMED!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Surely it can't be too much of a big deal because if it was, wouldn't they have the timer on the main-page of RuneScape, rather than in their forums?

Exactly, which is why I'm I think you might be on to something with your suggestion. Do I think it will be more Grand Exchanges? I don't know, but it's a logical assumption based off the information provided. Jagex has always tried to make Ardougne the Varrock of the west and Catherby/Seers have always been skiller towns so GEs in those locations make sense.

I don't know anything about what people except from player-owned ports, but I would assume if it were PoP, they would have include Port Sarim to that list.

tFtfA.jpg

Jagex have now put up the "See the Future" thing as an event that will take place at the GE at 9 PM on the 28/4. It was put up on the official events page.

RS events page

seethefutureevents.png

More and more I believe that we will get some kind of demonstration of the future RS. Perhaps we might actually get RS3?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Okay, REALLY glad I set my TMHT event to 7pm now! :lol:

This should be interesting to see...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]