06-June-2012 : Fish Flingers Improvements + Squeal of Neptune

I don't seem to be getting any exp. Done 3 games, started with 22.961k fishing exp and I'm still on 22,961k.

Notably, when I finish a game, it says I was awarded with -70m Fishing exp...

It's a bug apparently. Highest amount of experience I've gotten so far is 18k for one round.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This medal getting flingers milarky aint too bad once you get memory and method down, especially since they removed the 7th cast range only 1 - 6 now made up using 1,2,3 weights

Each hook, bait and weight can only appear once per round (I recall them repeating before but never the exact same combo?)

So fish 1 - 8 baits, 6 hooks, 6 weights

fish 2 - 7 baits, 5 hooks, 5 weights

Til fish 6 is 1 hook, 1 weight, 3 baits.

And Yeah xp seems muffed it's showing -870k per game for me, seems most ppl 99+ getting zilch xp from it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you're buying spins to get this mask to then sell for gold then you might aswell just hold on to your cash and wait until they start selling gold and just buy that. I can't see these masks being worth hundreds of millions anytime soon.

Avid43.png

This medal getting flingers milarky aint too bad once you get memory and method down, especially since they removed the 7th cast range only 1 - 6 now made up using 1,2,3 weights

Each hook, bait and weight can only appear once per round (I recall them repeating before but never the exact same combo?)

So fish 1 - 8 baits, 6 hooks, 6 weights

fish 2 - 7 baits, 5 hooks, 5 weights

Til fish 6 is 1 hook, 1 weight, 3 baits.

And Yeah xp seems muffed it's showing -870k per game for me, seems most ppl 99+ getting zilch xp from it.

The combinations always worked like that, only overlap was location :P

And yeah lol at the XP thing, is it reducing the XP in your counters?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It will be just like the cheaper discontinued items. Eventually it will rise but it would take years. And its ugly so I don't want it anyways. At least Phats are decent looking..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The catch of the day - or rather week - will be the new, tradable fish mask, available to win as an Uncommon prize, before taking its place as a rare prize on the wheel throughout the summer months, similar to the Queen’s Guard uniform and the Ceremonial Dragon outfit. Be sure to catch this slippery item while you can!

what the [bleep]

What will new rares do to the economy?

On the whole, rare items from the early days of RuneScape have been good for the economy and behave in a similar fashion to precious metals in the real world. However, with the lack of additional rares in more recent years - which is akin to not gathering any new precious resources - the negative impact and effects of low availability are starting to outweigh the positives. With the addition of occasional new rare items such as the tradable fish mask (available for a limited time during the summer), this will alleviate the pressure on the original items, and help the economy in general.

What will happen to the prices of the old rares?

That’s the 2 billion gp question! We expect these new rares to have very little impact on the older rares, as their prices have remained predictable over a long period. There are of a limited number which will never increase, so the price will rise as availability decreases.

Don't these two points contradict each other.

Haha. Nice that someone else (everyone except whoever wrote it) noticed that as well. Although they probably understand the contradiction but just have to do their job.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

It's not even going to be discontinued.

It will be super common this week, and hundreds of thousands will come into the game. It will then transition into a rare (not a super rare), and will still have a fairly steady flow into the game.

Go check out the misc. items forum on the rsof marketplace, the whole forum is flooded with people trying to sell masks.

And then be taken out at the end of summer, making it a rare.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

People aren't used to a rare being added, which is why a ton of sellers are trying to get some easy mill's by selling an item 80% of the community has. :P

It's just like the item drops. A few people will miss it but the majority will get it. Then begins the slow but steady decrease.

It's not even going to be discontinued.

It will be super common this week, and hundreds of thousands will come into the game. It will then transition into a rare (not a super rare), and will still have a fairly steady flow into the game.

Go check out the misc. items forum on the rsof marketplace, the whole forum is flooded with people trying to sell masks.

And then be taken out at the end of summer, making it a rare.

Precisely.

And for those saying that there will be so many fishing masks in the game after this: There was a hell lot of party hats/halloween masks/santa hats/other discontinued items after their release into the game. People most probably knew they wouldn't get another chance to get these items. So just wait 5-10 years. Then price check the fishing mask.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

People aren't used to a rare being added, which is why a ton of sellers are trying to get some easy mill's by selling an item 80% of the community has. :P

It's just like the item drops. A few people will miss it but the majority will get it. Then begins the slow but steady decrease.

It is only a slow and steady decrease if new players come and those new players also stay long enough to even learn what it is...

Serena_Sedai.png

It is only a slow and steady decrease if new players come and those new players also stay long enough to even learn what it is...

Very true. RS won't die this easily though. If they however actually open a mini-transactions shop...

lGxorje.png

I don't think it will die, but it will be a long time till the mask is worth anything close to a current discontinued item. There has been a long time since the items, and there were originally a lot fewer players so a much lower supply.

Serena_Sedai.png

I don't think it will die, but it will be a long time till the mask is worth anything close to a current discontinued item. There has been a long time since the items, and there were originally a lot fewer players so a much lower supply.

Very true. But time will make this item valueable. I can wait. I will be playing this game for a long time more.

lGxorje.png

Indeed. The masks won't be worth much for a long time. Just let it be bank decoration for a few years.

THIS. But remove the "it" and make it "them".

EDIT: I am kind of spamming this thread now lol :P

lGxorje.png

Guess what? These fish masks are never going to be worth anything.

Compare today's Runescape population to that of 2001's, when partyhats etc. were being dropped for the first time. We're probably going to have thousands upon thousands of these fish masks coming into the game every day for a few months. Everyone's going to be hanging onto them "waiting for them to be worth billions". That day is never going to come. Everyone will already have one of these ugly ass masks. Nobody will want them. End of story.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I was someone who was kinda mad when they stopped rares altogether... I like the idea of new rares, just not from the SoF... it should be like the old days where they just appear on the ground. I doubt these masks will ever hit 100m+ H'ween masks were only available for 1 day, these are gonna be available all summer, and people are gonna buy spins and stockpile them in hopes that they will go way up...

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more fish masks than there are Santas in the game right now, and its still the first day. I'm not gonna be trying very hard to get one.

Edit: I was too slow, haha.

SKKOL.pngskkol.png

sKKOL.pngskkol.png

I'd rather have 5m (over the summer I'll likely get many more - I got one today. I'll keep making trial accounts to have 6-8 spins per day at it. Money is money) now than 50m in three years.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I'd rather have 5m (over the summer I'll likely get many more - I got one today. I'll keep making trial accounts to have 6-8 spins per day at it. Money is money) now than 50m in three years.

Lol good job

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So this item's going to be discontinued after the summer...? i can see this ending badly.

Another U-turn on Jagex policy then, so much for them never releasing another discontinued rare item. Seriously, their word is about as trustworthy as a politicians.

I hate to say I told you so... But I did bloody tell you...

I just bought 25 spins impulsively and didn't receive a single rare. I'm just going to stick with skilling and questing to receive spins from now on.

And we have our first sucker ¬_¬

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!