06-June-2012 : Fish Flingers Improvements + Squeal of Neptune

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, you would have to be pretty dumb to not realise that the fish mask won't make you lots of gp, why? Because there will be a larger player-base getting these items every day for the next week and will be a lot more than current rares.

Robbstarkded.png

Just wait for some people to buy the masks up cheap when the market is flooded, and either hold on to them or destroy some to increase their wealth.

Hell. I want to get a group of people and do this.

4e0Vn.png

OK, so Jagex is deliberately trying to make a new discontinued item.

I think it's far more likely that Jagex knows that these will never becomes "rares" rather than fumbling around in the dark in an attempt to disrupt the market and displease players. There's more to rares than being discontinued and tradeable.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Just wait for some people to buy the masks up cheap when the market is flooded, and either hold on to them or destroy some to increase their wealth.

Lol, I'm sure there are people who can and will do this. Well, minus the destroy part, since buying and hoarding them has the same effect of taking them out of circulation...

_______

I've seen like several people with the fishing gear already. Does it really not take long to get or did people just have previous tokens? How long does it take to get, starting out from scratch?

2dgucz6.png

To make it more fun, more played and less useless?

Does the update do any of that? I'm genuinely curious, I think I only played one round of it before the update and didn't log in for more than an hour today.

According to some guys who have already played it it's not longer the fun, relaxing minigame it used to be but now a mess of HUD and lots of big fish messing up your attempt to catch enough regular fish for medals.

Lol, I'm sure there are people who can and will do this. Well, minus the destroy part, since buying and hoarding them has the same effect of taking them out of circulation...

_______

I've seen like several people with the fishing gear already. Does it really not take long to get or did people just have previous tokens? How long does it take to get, starting out from scratch?

Previous tokens. Starting from scratch now, which is about 10 20 tokens per game (sharply reduced from 30~), you can except to take 3 days or so per piece of fishing gear.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What people also fail to realize is that discontinued items take literally years to amass high value (i.e. over a hundred mil). It doesn't happen over a course of weeks or even months. And as mentioned, with the large playerbase this game has now there will be a very high amount of these items floating around for a long time.

td2sig.jpg

Meh, Jagex is getting more and more centered around money. I miss old Runescape, where real life status didn't determine your characters wealth or experience. Every update like this makes it more and more likely that I will never come back to this game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Does the update do any of that? I'm genuinely curious, I think I only played one round of it before the update and didn't log in for more than an hour today.

According to some guys who have already played it it's not longer the fun, relaxing minigame it used to be but now a mess of HUD and lots of big fish messing up your attempt to catch enough regular fish for medals.

This is pretty much how I feel about the fish flingers update. Basic gameplay is mostly the same,they've just added annoying popups,unnecessary area depletion,and now penalise people for hunting combos giving those that get others to do it for them alot better rewards (it used to be about even). Whole thing is so hectic and frantic,more like a minigame than a D&d now :(

What people also fail to realize is that discontinued items take literally years to amass high value (i.e. over a hundred mil).

I remember when Santa Hats ballooned from 200k to 1.2-5mil practically within a few days because of the merching done by a select wealthy group, and they never dropped back to their "original" price. Yeah, years is a factor, but there's still quick cash to be made here given that their supply is limited. But you're right, they won't become partyhat-big in a year.

hzvjpwS.gif

This is pretty much how I feel about the fish flingers update. Basic gameplay is mostly the same,they've just added annoying popups,unnecessary area depletion,and now penalise people for hunting combos giving those that get others to do it for them alot better rewards (it used to be about even). Whole thing is so hectic and frantic,more like a minigame than a D&d now :(

I personally quite enjoy it now.

The xp is nice, bout 18k-20k a game a level 99 I been getting with chasing down all 6 100% (which ain't hard to do especially if you find a world with a nice fc) then spending last 3-5mins on heaviest fish and doing as many assists as I can for big fish (as they factor into final score). Which ain't bad for 15mins (if you count the 5min wait room time), the nice xp rates also means the fishing suit is one of the few worth getting of the xp booster suits or at least the least inefficient to get.

Big fish aren't exactly a big hinderance, if you don't wanna mess with them ignore other ppls and just click cast twice to let go any you catch and area depletion isn't that bad even this morn where it's only slightly quietened down only the heaviest fish zone hit 100% in any of my games and even that only happened in the last 30 seconds or so.

Also about the fish mask rare debate, they certainly won't become on-par with partyhats anytime soon (though it could happen given a couple of decades) but it is safe to say once they become discontinued they will rise in value due to the status it infers and hordes/merchers effecting prices. Whilst certainly not a big bucks item it certainly can't hurt to hold on to them for a year or two cause odds are they will go up by a few mil.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

And we have our first sucker ¬_¬

I don't see how buying spins makes me a "sucker". I have disposable income, and if I choose to give a whole ten dollars to a game I enjoy playing, what's the problem? I actually like the Squeal of Fortune and the prospect of winning super rare cosmetic items (Swagger set). There are many games with similar cash grabs like the SoF, and until Runescape starts selling power or charging for new content on top of their monthly fee, I have no problem with the direction they're heading.

And so dawns the age of microtransaction players. :unsure:

Brace yourselves.

Winter is coming?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

And so dawns the age of microtransaction players. :unsure:

Brace yourselves.

It is worse than the Miniclip generation...

Far worse...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

You all realize Jagex might pull a fast one and reintroduce these fish masks to the Squeal at some point in the future? They dolled up the Squeal with the "Neptune" theme; they probably won't just throw it away to never be used again. Who's to say there won't be another update that would fit such a theme?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

You all realize Jagex might pull a fast one and reintroduce these fish masks to the Squeal at some point in the future? They dolled up the Squeal with the "Neptune" theme; they probably won't just throw it away to never be used again. Who's to say there won't be another update that would fit such a theme?

"Are you a Pisces? Come celebrate your birthday with our Neptune themed SoF from February 20th to March 20th. Featuring the return of the Fish Mask! Don't miss your chance to (once again) get this semi-rare/uncommon/whatever before we take it away and then bring it back again next year."

:lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well, if they did so, people would know these rares could all be reintroduced. Then none would buy spins to get them anymore. So Jagex would just destroy more for themselves lol :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak