Squeal of Fortune "Updates" was: Spin Results (970 spins)

NukeMarine

Unless you got the sunbathe emote during the easy period, there's a very little chance of getting it. They made most of those summer items ridiculously rare now.

I didn't even know it was common on the release weekend. I did manage to finally get dragon and queens (I got most of it release weekend but I needed a few more) I really hate all these cosmetic outfits that we can't get without buying spins. Mostly because spins leads to xp/gp and not just cosmetics. I would gladly pay for just the cosmetic stuff off squeel and nothing else! :c

Welcome to my sorrow. :P I'm a vanity item collector and the SoF is a complete and utter motivation-kill for me. I still am missing 1 queen's guard and 2 Dragon Cere items. They never had them more common so I'm kinda annoyed about that. Queen's Guard is way more rare than uncommon though. My ratio of them is 1/75 or so spins.

I had to post this

305031_10151152181734521_1580465489_n.jpg

I hate that I can't even see/use the word spin in real life without feeling sorry for this game.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I had to post this

I hate that I can't even see/use the word spin in real life without feeling sorry for this game.

Same. Jagex ruined the word 'spin' for me. Now whenever I say it, I get angry and want to kill all goblins...

Same. Jagex ruined the word 'spin' for me. Now whenever I say it, I get angry and want to kill all goblins...

I always thought that was the human body's natural response to extended exposure to Green Day... :twss:

Maybe so, but I haven't listened to their music in years so that can't be my case. :lol:

I had to post this

I understand what you mean, the spin has made leveling up a skill way too easy.

Well, it's not exactly easy if you do it daily, but the fact that you can use real money to get all those small and medium xp lamps quickly proves that it's easy to level up skills.

And even the daily activity makes it easier than it should be.

I'm not complaining, since I cheat in other games I'm actually happy that leveling up is easier.

At least they admitted that they've gone a bit overboard with the SOF promotions in the livestream...

I think it was the outrage over the Achemist squeal promotion trumping the God Wars Dungeon, arguable the biggest update so far this year, after only 2 days.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If 90% of players really do use the SoF every day then there's no need to advertise it on the website AT ALL ;)

• Like 2

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If 90% of players really do use the SoF every day then there's no need to advertise it on the website AT ALL ;)

Im actually surprised 10% doesn't use it. Could understand die hard refusal to buy spins, but passing out of freebies.. meh.

It'd be interesting to see how many players have bought spins, and how many spins on average they bought.

• Like 1
Vmser.png

Im actually surprised 10% doesn't use it. Could understand die hard refusal to buy spins, but passing out of freebies.. meh.

It'd be interesting to see how many players have bought spins, and how many spins on average they bought.

This, and it would be interesting (although probably discouraging to the microtransaction business model) if there were a way to distinguish spin-purchasers from everyone else. That seems a bit divisive though.

I wonder what the actual % is of people that purchase solomon/spins. I'd guess like 5-15% each

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Tbh 90% is LOW. Consider it's more effort not to use it than to use it, and that using it will give you an advantage, with no reason not to spin except dislike of the whole thing, 10% of players not using it is actually a lot. I don't use it anymore either, but less because I want to show that I am against it (I can see the point of it being introduced, and I don't think it will be the death of runescape) and more because it just personally makes me feel better :P

But how many people look at the news on the home page compared to those with bookmarks or direct access via the official client or 3rd party programs? Is that more or less than 90% that spin daily?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

But how many people look at the news on the home page compared to those with bookmarks or direct access via the official client or 3rd party programs? Is that more or less than 90% that spin daily?

Off-topic regarding the spinning, but I think you're onto something, may I add;

I think when you login, there should be in-game news, ie; the same news that's on the front page, this then forces you to read it (or skip it if you wish to go straight into the game) hopefully this would stop thousands of accounts going "what was update?"

I wonder what the actual % is of people that purchase solomon/spins. I'd guess like 5-15% each

I'd guess a bit higher, at least with solomon. I see people practically everywhere with some of the clothing pieces or multiple other things that they would have had to have bought additional runecoins to get. That is not to say that they use it often or even more than once though.

Off-topic regarding the spinning, but I think you're onto something, may I add;

I think when you login, there should be in-game news, ie; the same news that's on the front page, this then forces you to read it (or skip it if you wish to go straight into the game) hopefully this would stop thousands of accounts going "what was update?"

I'd definitely agree with this if it's in the lobby (such as where the God Wars Remastered banner is) and if we can filter or otherwise split up different kinds of news items. I'd just go directly to the game window/use the client too, then.

2dgucz6.png

Yeah, I saw that video yesterday on reddit. It's pretty crazy that someone would go to such a length to abuse the free spin system...and even more crazy that he wasn't caught on the first day for dangerous-portal transferring. It's pretty pathetic that you could virtually trade your wealth and spread it across safety accounts in the event one of your mules gets banned and basically feel no repercussions to your rulebreaking.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's stupid. He didn't show what could be done with Squeel, he showed what could be done with scripts. He had 3000 accounts going. Really hoping the new bot system works on those annoying things...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The spiteful side of me is happy sof is being used for evil.

• Like 3

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun