RuneScape Races towards Historic Milestone!

Drazhor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Quest_Cape_K's timestamp for 197.8M, that's 1k players in half an hour, or 45.8 days. That doesn't seem good.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

O wow another pointless thing to celebrate and put prizes on the SOF for...

Let's make wild guesses what nearly-unobtainable items they'll add to the wheel. My guess is 200M (fake) gold that can use an emote where you roll around in the money to get a faux experience of what Jagex has with the wheel itself.

Probably not too far off :)

"Win a fortune on the Squeal of Fortune! Squeal as you roll around in a large pile of coins that may or may not be yours!"

Anywho, "Players since launch" is another gross overestimation, as Jagex knows full well that most of those accounts never played RuneScape, or were not played by actual people...

I've started to wonder if Jagex has developped something of an inferiority complex... It's kind of like someone constantly saying how big their penis is... Chances are, if you have to say it, it's probably not true...

So too in this case, I see little reason for Jagex to come with this little chest-thumping of theirs, other than for promotional purposes or some made-up headline. Especially when they made little to no fuss at all about their first 100m players...

I fear It's probably worse, and it isn't an inferiority complex... Ever hit a wall before in your work, and don't know how to proceed? Pretty soon results are demanded by your bosses, and the obvious choice is to point to some minor or irrelevant progress that you did make...

I think that something similar is happening here...

Using Quest_Cape_K's timestamp for 197.8M, that's 1k players in half an hour, or 45.8 days. That doesn't seem good.

It'll pick up soon, it's only early morning in China atm :)

Your best bet is to look after 24 hours, and extrapolate from those numbers instead...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Yeah, and when I was 10 I counted to a billion

10 i+1

20 print i

30 goto 10

If they want to impress me, tell the number of member accounts that were created MINUS those that have been banned. Until then, this means as much as the first Wilderness vote.

EDIT: Still, if they're doing another Bot Nuke, you might want to purchase skilling supplies this month.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I hear there's a player cap of 200M accounts.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I don't know if it's funny or sad how unbelievably cynical and bitter some people are towards everything Jagex does.

Not everything, just the absolutely stupid things.

Depending on who you talk to, that can be a lot of things though.

hzvjpwS.gif

O wow another pointless thing to celebrate and put prizes on the SOF for...

Let's make wild guesses what nearly-unobtainable items they'll add to the wheel. My guess is 200M (fake) gold that can use an emote where you roll around in the money to get a faux experience of what Jagex has with the wheel itself.

Probably not too far off :)

"Win a fortune on the Squeal of Fortune! Squeal as you roll around in a large pile of coins that may or may not be yours!"

Anywho, "Players since launch" is another gross overestimation, as Jagex knows full well that most of those accounts never played RuneScape, or were not played by actual people...

I've started to wonder if Jagex has developped something of an inferiority complex... It's kind of like someone constantly saying how big their penis is... Chances are, if you have to say it, it's probably not true...

So too in this case, I see little reason for Jagex to come with this little chest-thumping of theirs, other than for promotional purposes or some made-up headline. Especially when they made little to no fuss at all about their first 100m players...

I fear It's probably worse, and it isn't an inferiority complex... Ever hit a wall before in your work, and don't know how to proceed? Pretty soon results are demanded by your bosses, and the obvious choice is to point to some minor or irrelevant progress that you did make...

I think that something similar is happening here...

It'll pick up soon, it's only early morning in China atm :)

Your best bet is to look after 24 hours, and extrapolate from those numbers instead...

About the no no fuss about the first 100 million players, we do know they had 135 million accounts when RS HD was released, which is now 5 years ago I think, that was slammed around every time when there was an update post on the RS HD. You must also not forget that the players originally didn't have a number, but just the name the character had. This was only changed when the namechange update came around. So my guess is that they didn't have a real easy way to just see how many accounts there were, back then. And for the figure of 135M accounts at RS HD, they probably checked it the hard way then, but they forgot to see the 100M mark.

Is it just me, or are you seeing 1 account per second or less, translating into about a month wait?
16bg9ck.png
Combine that with today's confirmation from Mod Jacmob that Optimus will go into full swing in July...hmm... :-k

Can't find that quote from Jacmob. QFC, please?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

I'm running a script to get the average rate of accounts per second/minute/hour. :) And an estimated time to 200M accounts.

http://services.runescape.com/m=account-creation-reports/rsusertotal.ws?callback=?

Use the above link for easy reference if anyone is interested too.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Is it just me, or are you seeing 1 account per second or less, translating into about a month wait?
16bg9ck.png
Combine that with today's confirmation from Mod Jacmob that Optimus will go into full swing in July...hmm... :-k

that was taken ingame lol.

I don't know if it's funny or sad how unbelievably cynical and bitter some people are towards everything Jagex does.

I think it's safe to call you 'friend' now... No really, with great respect to you, I agree with you and it makes me so irritated seeing such fanatical cynicism.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

16bg9ck.png
that was taken ingame lol.

I assumed that wasn't what he was talking about because clearly he didn't confirm anything. He said the letter L.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

Of which 100m are bots and 10m were ppl who made accts to spin for extra crap. Probably 90m more inactive accounts.

Wee.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Cngrats to Jagex, even though I know they'll pull a stunt and add another pointless batch of stuff to the Squeal of bs.

cdw3b.png

Wow, so it wasn't a joke after all. Someone in Maxed mentioned watching ads for spins. I assumed it was a joke as i didn't see any watch ad button.

Nah that was taken from HLF, really not sure about the authenticity but I'd believe anything about the Squeal at this point :P

I mean, that interface is actually different now, so I'm pretty sure they didn't "just remove the Neptune theme" without actually adding something.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I just hope they drop a bot nuke after this. I'm buying dragon bones in speculation.

Cngrats to Jagex, even though I know they'll pull a stunt and add another pointless batch of stuff to the Squeal of bs.

cdw3b.png

Meh, this doesn't really bother me if they're only doing it for f2p players, who only get 1 spin a day.

cdw3b.png

*SHOCK AND HORROR* No! Really? An ad? OMG, in P2P as well?

Told you so...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!