Summer Party ON!

tintin113

When the sun is shining, there is nothing better than a barbecue and now you can do the same in Gielinor! The new summer barbecue is a portable cooking range that you can place at a location of your convenience, giving all the benefits of a standard cooking range plus an additional 10% XP boost. No need to worry about your barbecue going cold anytime soon either, as each one can be used up to 999 times!

After a nice barbecue, why not finish off your meal with a nice ice cream...on your head? Yelps has added a brand new ice cream cone hat which has the handy benefit of preventing dehydration: something that can be troublesome when travelling across the Kharidian Desert. The hat also contains 10 charges of food, in case you get a bit peckish.

Finally, how about letting all your friends know what mood you are in today with your own personal sun or storm cloud which floats above you? Feeling in a positive mood? Then thesummer sun ring will generate a small sun orb which, while worn, will give you a +2 bonus to your defensive stats.

Feeling a bit low and the world is getting you down? Then try a summer storm ring which will generate a small rain cloud above your head for everyone to see. It’s not all this doom and gloom though as wearing the storm ring will give you a +2 bonus to your offensive stats, just in case anyone is foolish enough to take you on during your mood!

When the year ticks over to 2013, all remaining gameplay effects from these items will be removed, and the items will remain as cosmetic items only. Also, it’s worth noting that if you destroy or die with the item you can reclaim a replacement from Diango, but the cosmetic version only.

All four items will be available throughout August and September, but chances of winning are increased for this weekend only (Friday 24th to Monday 27th inclusive - GMT).

Don’t forget that members currently get three daily spins instead of one, so subscribing is a sound way to double your chances to win per day. Check out our Squeal of Fortune wiki pagefor more ways to get extra spins.

Good luck!

The RuneScape Team

Thoughts?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

oh my...more rwt 'content' where is our weekly update this week IVPex...I want hunter D&D not Solomon and more SOF updates :/

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

3rd spin:

M42DK.png

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I wouldn't say no to a barbecue...

However, my objection with some of this stuff is quickly moving from microtransactions to 'this doesn't even make sense in the context of the game'. BBQ being a perfect example, along with several outfits. It's sort of like how many emotes aren't emotes in spirit anymore (spirit being actually displaying an emotion). I won't deny they look cool, or that the ones for the stage in particular are useful, but the transformation ones in particular are out of place to me. Movement ones are cool, but the transformations ones seem to defy the game world itself.

This is probably why most games (I have seen) will have only one or two 'fun' items that are totally wacky and make no sense, and everything else will still be grounded in the game world. Jagex kind of ran out of ideas, but their wallet isn't full enough yet, so maybe we really will see some 'fun' guns in the game one day or something.

Anyone know if these items are members only? Didn't say either way in the news post sad.png

The summer ring above is member's only. I saw it on my wheel, and it said "Awesome Member's Object!"

Two microtransaction update a month is hard to swallow, two in three days is unbearable.

22031_s.gif

this sux i used all my 4 member accounts to spin total 42 spins and only 1 landed to exclusive new item which was hat...its extremely lucky to get all of those without buying any spins...i really think they made rates lower than it was with monkey items...i was spinning monkey items well even with daily spins and got hats and barrels in all of my members then

really this stuff was unnecessary we already had summer item set there yet they make another batch right after...

i really wanted that beach emote from previous set so i even bought 75 spin package then in mind that it should be guaranteed to get with that many spins but was not getting so even 100 spins not guarantee any of those...if i wanted all exclusives that they putting these days i would need to spend quite much cash to get them especially with this rate they adding them.

This is 15th single update to sof so far...yet its almost guaranteed that there will be alot more until end of year...if you are collector, prepare to spend hundreds of dollars just to get all.

cjHg5.png

Wooooo...?... Not really. I'd prefer the helmet. :/

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Even more SoF special offers for a limited time items...:/

I don't like that they're adding so many pretty much worthless items just to get people to buy spins. Then I actually prefer them doing things like double cash on the squeal of fortune. Because this is just meaningless.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Two microtransaction updates in one week?

Ahahahahahahaha. I don't care what their excuse is anymore. Jagex or IVPex, they're both just greedy these days.

Quitting after Trim Comp might be a good idea. I can't stand all this bull waste of time content.

Are Jagex devs banned for putting in new content without it being linked to the SoF or Solomon anymore? Half these things go completely against the lore of the game and look totally out of place.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I really don't mind solomon, but I do think the Squeal is getting out of control, at least they still haven't crosssed the "best stats in the game" barrier.

Remember when you actually had to fork out big bucks (or time) for rings with stat bonuses?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The bit I find interesting is these items will become cosmetic only and Diango can actually return them.

So does this mean Jagex could maybe add monkey hats, monkey mace, beachball, the horns, the tattoos, the sharkfists, dragon cremonial, royal guard etc. etc. to Diango? I mean obviously the lucky items need to be loseable otherwise infinite free armour and the consumables like food, monkey barrell etc. but why can't the cosmetic stuff all be reclaimable?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When the year ticks over to 2013, all remaining gameplay effects from these items will be removed, and the items will remain as cosmetic items only. Also, it’s worth noting that if you destroy or die with the item you can reclaim a replacement from Diango, but the cosmetic version only.

Now do this with everything already. I'm tired of having 20 slots in my bank eaten up by this crap because they can't be bothered to make it costume-room functional.

hzvjpwS.gif