High profile players banned

Jake

The player Geffery got a 2 week temp ban for autoclicking 60m magic xp. Stats were reduced to lvl 98, except magic, which is at 56M. Did Jagex stop with perm bans? Discuss.

LOL, he knew a few jmods and got in contact with one them.

That kid sucked at DG too, he always payed for his floors. Not surprised that he autoclicked to 60 Mil Magic XP.

The player Geffery got a 2 week temp ban for autoclicking 60m magic xp. Stats were reduced to lvl 98, except magic, which is at 56M. Did Jagex stop with perm bans? Discuss.

It really get on my nerves when people just ask a question with just 1 sentence beforehand and expecting us to discuss it like:

JFsQrg7.jpg

Because you don't know these people, maybe you should start getting active with the userbase on RS on worlds 48 and 24 so you'd be familar with the name posted and the names of those that got banned.

She was saying that it's extremely annoying when people say something and then say "Discuss."

It goes without saying that something posted in General Discussion on a discussion forum should be discussed. If it isn't discussed, it means that it's unimportant to the community. It doesn't mean that no one told the community to discuss it.

Edited by Quyneax
  • Like 1

I removed some posts that were flaming/very much leading to flaming. Please remember to be civil and to refrain from using personal attacks.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Not really banned .. but

Dardan and several other high-level players were hacked?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

What will be interesting to see if Jagex will have the audacity to give Dardan his stuff back, when their policy, typically, is no rollbacks regardless of scamming, hacking, or even server crashes.

They've done it before with other famous RS yt'ers/famous players, namely angerfist. Typically these players who also know jmods sometimes get faster response times on their tickets as well. Their customer support system is still inconsistent.

hzvjpwS.gif

His stuff? I thought no one logged into his account.

I heard about another person that got hacked for 9b though.. Supposedly. 

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

I heard about another person that got hacked for 9b though.. Supposedly. 

haha, I know him.

He went by the name of Milky.

He really did get hacked, haven't heard from in since then. He was a RWT'er, the kind who sold mass amounts of gold before. The only reason he is panicing now is because he was stupid enough not to sell his items earlier.

Heres his hacked thread: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=VeKHP06Rp1E/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?17,18,261,65223780,goto,1

UL9VORK.png

What will be interesting to see if Jagex will have the audacity to give Dardan his stuff back, when their policy, typically, is no rollbacks regardless of scamming, hacking, or even server crashes.

They've done it before with other famous RS yt'ers/famous players, namely angerfist. Typically these players who also know jmods sometimes get faster response times on their tickets as well. Their customer support system is still inconsistent.

Yup, they have done it before. Though, there was a recent server crash (the Derptrolling incident), for which there was absolutely no acknowledgement on the part of Jagex, and no response at all, and in which people lost lots of money -- this was only last week or so, and there was another crash the week before -- I'm interested in seeing if they are going to parade their hypocrisy around for everyone to see so close to those incidents. 

Yup, they have done it before. Though, there was a recent server crash (the Derptrolling incident), for which there was absolutely no acknowledgement on the part of Jagex, and no response at all, and in which people lost lots of money -- this was only last week or so, and there was another crash the week before -- I'm interested in seeing if they are going to parade their hypocrisy around for everyone to see so close to those incidents. 

Hell, Jagex barely refunded anyone lost items from the day Vorago came out, despite the fact they had a thread for users to describe their losses.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Hell, Jagex barely refunded anyone lost items from the day Vorago came out, despite the fact they had a thread for users to describe their losses.

Basically because many of the posters there were laying false claims.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Basically because many of the posters there were laying false claims.

Its amazing how understanding something is when someone finishes a claim with a good description of what happened.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jagex has been a lot better with refunding items recently, though there has been a few cases where not much/nothing at all was given back.

I'm pretty sure there's a way of sending in some kind of ticket for lost items, and if you give enough detail with video evidence, then you're likely to get your stuff back.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Jagex has been a lot better with refunding items recently, though there has been a few cases where not much/nothing at all was given back.

I'm pretty sure there's a way of sending in some kind of ticket for lost items, and if you give enough detail with video evidence, then you're likely to get your stuff back.

So you have to be running a stream to have a good chance of getting your things back? :P
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Jagex has gone with a tier based system for customer service.

Tier 0 Bush League: You pay $5/month. Rewards: You are insignificant and stepped on by the VIPs.

Tier 1 Bronze League: You pay $10/month instead of $5/month. Rewards: A badge next to your name and bush league service.

Tier 2 Wrought Iron League: You pay $10/month and you have a youtube account or twitch account to witch you contribute content that nobody watches. Rewards: Bronze league service plus an occasional thumbs up and subscription from an anonymous JMOD community rep in disguise as a gamer.

Tier 3 Silver League: You pay premium and your youtube and/or twitch account is regularly watched by some people. Rewards: Kudos and cameos from Jmods with a name on your account page. You have access to customer support outside of Solomon's shop and some items returned if stolen.

Tier 4 Gold League: You pay premium and your youtube and/or twitch account is popular and you have a fan base. Rewards: Silver League access to customer support and timely return of lost items. You get at least one nod on forums and maybe on the website when Mod Paul gets all crazy for his Machimishna. Your opinions are taken seriously and the ninja team works on your issues when inclined.

Tier 5 Queen League: You have one of the top rated twitch and youtube channels with a lot of fanboys and jealous trolls. Rewards: You don't pay, they pay you. You even get a VIP tour of their playground. With their money and your youtube/twitch money you can even move out of mom's basement and still play all day.  You get rank of Jmod for taxation purposes. Your opinions become content and the ninjas runs hits at your whim. All future updates are made available to you so you can manipulate the GE.

• Like 5

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So you have to be running a stream to have a good chance of getting your things back? :P

Exactly .. I hate favoritism..

What makes these people (popular streamers, etc) any better human beings and more deserving of getting their stuff returned than the average Runescaper?

@Golvellius: +1. Great post. :P.

RuneScape is on Twitch? I feel like that would be the most boring stream ever.

Some of the OSRS Pking videos can be entertaining at times. Reminds me of when I used to F2P PK years ago. :).

• Like 2

4K469.png

Might it not be for the simple fact that it is easier to trace and prove with video than things based on merely words and estimates?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Might it not be for the simple fact that it is easier to trace and prove with video than things based on merely words and estimates?

Yeah but which normal player is going to be filming themselves when a server outage occurs? I'm not saying that it's favouritism, just that no one really except a streamer is going to have video evidence of item loss due to an outage.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah but which normal player is going to be filming themselves when a server outage occurs? I'm not saying that it's favouritism, just that no one really except a streamer is going to have video evidence of item loss due to an outage.

Well, you could just ask NSA to back up your claim...

• Like 2

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Exactly .. I hate favoritism..

What makes these people (popular streamers, etc) any better human beings and more deserving of getting their stuff returned than the average Runescaper?

@Golvellius: +1. Great post. :P.

I wouldn't necessarily say they deserve their stuff returned more... however I'd say they're "better" than the average Scaper in the sense that they understand basic sales/marketing/business principles, whereas the average person doesn't. And they are justly rewarded for their knowledge.

RuneScape is on Twitch? I feel like that would be the most boring stream ever.

Some of the OSRS Pking videos can be entertaining at times. Reminds me of when I used to F2P PK years ago. :).

I forgot about OSRS PK'ing. Though I think I actually watched one of those streams when OSRS first came out and I gave up on it pretty quickly since the guy had no clue how to PK.

77yLQy8.png

Can't Jagex simply check your account and see what happened? But I guess that's too much work if it happens to a lot of people. 

• Like 2

4K469.png

And it assumes their server keeps detailed logs. It should, but you know.. JAGEX!!!!

I never understood that. For as long as I can remember, Jagex has claimed to keep extensive logs on how items make their way through the community, to track down gold buyers and sellers and mule accounts, yet they also claimed for a long time to be unable to help people who lose items due to bugs because they are unable to tell who is lying. 

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png