4th March - The World Wakes

Sylpheed

Ok, one thing I'm not getting about the time splitting: you train your skills in the present and get better items in order to complete things that happened in the past? March 4th 2013, the day the dragon broke.

It's not a time 'split'

All the quests required for full TWW completion are the past ONCE you have them all.

Any new quests following on from them or TWW are in the new 6th age.

Any quests with no link at all happen in whatever age you decide to do them in.

Basically it just makes certain stories time sensitive - specifically like all the stories that could lead to godly returns.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't know if it was mentioned before.. but why did we need Branches of Darkmeyer for additional rewards?

Because full rewards moves the game forward to the 6th age, certainly events need to of happened.

I wonder how the quest looks/ends to someone who has done no quests whatsoever.

Exactly the same, the quests just get you the title, slayer dungeon and '6th age circuit' (which is our indicator of the year/age having moved on) from what people have said anyways.

Though logic-wise it would be very problematic.

1) Juna recognising you - How's that without ToG?

2) The Crux Eqal - Again how without right quests?

3) Sliske - Treating you like you met before, again how without rotm

4) Azzandra, Enhkara, Anthankos, Wahisitel and Char - how without the right quests to free them/reveal them?

All in all it really seems like aside from 140cmb the base quest should really require ROTM + Firemaker's Curse + ToG (don;t think it appears in rotm reqs) just to make all the npcs make sense.

It's simple really, the other quests are in the past, so when you do TWW, it's after you've already done everything else, even if you haven't done anything else.

Ok, one thing I'm not getting about the time splitting: you train your skills in the present and get better items in order to complete things that happened in the past? March 4th 2013, the day the dragon broke.

It's not a time 'split'

All the quests required for full TWW completion are the past ONCE you have them all.

Basically it just makes certain stories time sensitive - specifically like all the stories that could lead to godly returns.

Right but if you don't have the reqs to fully complete all of the quests that set up tww, how are you able to complete them in the past? You'd have to train your skills in the sixth age to go back on time and do them...

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

It's not a time 'split'

Right but if you don't have the reqs to fully complete all of the quests that set up tww, how are you able to complete them in the past? You'd have to train your skills in the sixth age to go back on time and do them...

The age does not move forward until you complete ALL of the requirements. Hence why the only thing showing the age has moved forward (the 6th age circuit) is only given when you have all the reqs.

The logic issue of npcs appearing in the quest without their associated quests is nothing to do with the time shift since they all occur in the 5th age. It's to do with Jagex fart-head logic going for low reqs but including npcs that clearly have reqs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't know if it was mentioned before.. but why did we need Branches of Darkmeyer for additional rewards?

Because full rewards moves the game forward to the 6th age, certainly events need to of happened.

Exactly the same, the quests just get you the title, slayer dungeon and '6th age circuit' (which is our indicator of the year/age having moved on) from what people have said anyways.

4) Azzandra, Enhkara, Anthankos, Wahisitel and Char - how without the right quests to free them/reveal them?

All in all it really seems like aside from 140cmb the base quest should really require ROTM + Firemaker's Curse + ToG (don;t think it appears in rotm reqs) just to make all the npcs make sense.

They can easily remove characters who you haven't unlocked. Notice how none of the guys you fight with are ones that have quest dependencies? also none of the bad guys.

1) Juna just wouldn't recognize you, but the guthix people will trust you once the aura appears that says Guthix chose you

2) The Crux Eqal did nothing and could just not appear

3) Sliske could just be hanging outside the door waiting for it to open and low and behold you open it for him. No recognition needed

4) Some of these could show up but they aren't necessary, with the possible exception of Azzandre. That is a plot whole unless you simply can't choose zaros's side until you free Azzandre?

That would require a fair bit of rework in the quest to avoid azzandre but possible. Majjahrat could be shown in whichever rejuve state they're in for you.

It's *doable*.. The question of Jagex having done it right... I hope they did but I don't have a lot of sense.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They can easily remove characters who you haven't unlocked. Notice how none of the guys you fight with are ones that have quest dependencies? also none of the bad guys.

1) Juna just wouldn't recognize you, but the guthix people will trust you once the aura appears that says Guthix chose you

2) The Crux Eqal did nothing and could just not appear

3) Sliske could just be hanging outside the door waiting for it to open and low and behold you open it for him. No recognition needed

4) Some of these could show up but they aren't necessary, with the possible exception of Azzandre. That is a plot whole unless you simply can't choose zaros's side until you free Azzandre?

That would require a fair bit of rework in the quest to avoid azzandre but possible. Majjahrat could be shown in whichever rejuve state they're in for you.

It's *doable*.. The question of Jagex having done it right... I hope they did but I don't have a lot of sense.

Juna vouches for you when the Guardia's first appear - quite a pivotal point.

Sliske dialogue could be retweaked for sure.

You also battle Enakhara, though I spose she was never truly trapped.

It would be doable if you switched Juna's comment to Death or Fiara, just the final Zarosians showing up may be a bit tricky since only Sliske and Wahsitiel and Nex could be included.

Would be interesting to see how exactly it is framed for an account that really has done none of these quests, but so far everyone seems to of gotten exact same.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yes. I was working under assumptions of no requirements at all. Lots of ways around it though azzandra is the biggest one I see. Also someone mentioned.. it doesn't require WGS, but how can that quest happen "While Guthix Sleeps" when Guthix is dead?

Serena_Sedai.png

Yes. I was working under assumptions of no requirements at all. Lots of ways around it though azzandra is the biggest one I see. Also someone mentioned.. it doesn't require WGS, but how can that quest happen "While Guthix Sleeps" when Guthix is dead?

Well that quest reference is more to the fact you get into a vault of his making due to his absence - Guthix being alive isn't vital. And in can still fit if you take 'Sleep' in the context of 'the endless sleep' aka death AND Guthix does lie down and go to 'sleep' as he dies.

The explanation from Azzandra of Sliske having staff of arma is problematic too - unless that dialogue about Sliske finding it post-ritual is triggered by a check that sees if rotm was done b4 TWW. Though it'd require 3 variants

1) He stole it from Temple of Ikov

2) He stole it from under Lucien's nose

3) He got it from the ritual site.

But pre-rotm also begs the question of why didn't Lucien come? Unless he was too wrapped up in his plans to turn up, despite most of the mahajaratt doing so.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's not a time 'split'

The age does not move forward until you complete ALL of the requirements. Hence why the only thing showing the age has moved forward (the 6th age circuit) is only given when you have all the reqs.

The logic issue of npcs appearing in the quest without their associated quests is nothing to do with the time shift since they all occur in the 5th age. It's to do with Jagex fart-head logic going for low reqs but including npcs that clearly have reqs.

But that's not true, from this point forward updates will happen in the 6th age, the clock has now started moving forward for everyone. I'm not talking about npc problems, I'm talking about your avatar developing new skills and having new items further in the past. Actually, that gives me another complaint: I don't know if you need all of the quests for the new ring, so could you wear the 6th age circuit in quests that happen in the fifth age?

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages

It's not a time 'split'

But that's not true, from this point forward updates will happen in the 6th age, the clock has now started moving forward for everyone.

In terms of game content perhaps, but that doesn't mean all new quests are.

Plus Jagex never said new content happens in 6th age only it assumes TWW has happened ergo gods are more active eg hence the god-based wildy warbands.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

None of those are huge concerns from a lore stand point in my opinion.

I think the staff could easily be explained properly. There are other possible things that could be done...

My point is just that everyone sees the quest as it is for them, and then assumes that someone without requirement will see the same dialog etc. This isn't necessarily true, and until someone proves that it is, I will give Jagex good faith and assume that the quest does check for things.

Serena_Sedai.png

It's not a time 'split'

But that's not true, from this point forward updates will happen in the 6th age, the clock has now started moving forward for everyone.

Plus Jagex never said new content happens in 6th age only it assumes TWW has happened ergo gods are more active eg hence the god-based wildy warbands.

First off apologies for huge quote train, on my phone so can't edit it down easily. But if TWW has happened, and updates from here on assume gods will be more active, then it is the 6th age. The monumental event that brought us into the sixth age was the breaking of the edicts.

It's not a time 'split'

First off apologies for huge quote train, on my phone so can't edit it down easily. But if TWW has happened, and updates from here on assume gods will be more active, then it is the 6th age. The monumental event that brought us into the sixth age was the breaking of the edicts.

That is assumption at work, which has a few things against it

1) Until you complete ALL the requirements you do not get the 6th Age Circuit which is the ONLY thing to indicate the 6th Age having occurred, if you have not received it then logic would say the 6th Age has not begun for you.

2) Jmods prior to the release in teasers and such said this quest will help the year change, but not outright cause it.

These two facts combined imply TWW alone does NOT mean the year change, which coincides with the 6th Age - This is caused by the sum of events in TWW AND all the quests required for full rewards. Eg the 6th Age is indeed going to be the age in which the god's return but Guthix Death alone is not the cause of this - Luciens death, The mahjaratt ritual, The Dragonkin's return, the discovery of a part icyene, the release of Char, the defeat of the pest queen etc. are all cumulativly what marks the changing of the age. Just because TWW has happened meaning gods are more active does not mean that the 6th age has happened - those two are independent events think of it like Christmas and New Years. Christmas happening is a crucial component in the coming of the New Year but it alone does not make the New Year - New Years is its own discrete event that happens after 5 days of stuff has happened. In rs terms TWW is Xmas, the quest reqs for full reward are the 5 days that separate it from New Years (the 6th Age)

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

swedishboy5, congrats..you understand the true purpose of the game.

Thank you. I just wanted to share my view on this and try to add a bit more of a positive mood here ^^ I really think Jagex have overdone themselves with this. They should be proud.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

2d1wug4.jpg

The first to my knowledge on this forum =3...

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

swedishboy5, congrats..you understand the true purpose of the game.

well, that, and the entire thing that guthix explains to you in the mindscape

it's not just a lore thing, it's an actual "break the fourth wall" message about runescape, the GAME

8f14270694.jpg

For those who wanted to know what happens when you side with Zilyana (seems like I am the only one in the whole game who did):

[hide]Pretty much nothing.

Zilyana just says "Yes, finally someone around here who speaks sense. Go kill him quickly [player name]!"

Zaros' followers accept your decision saying it gets them what they want regardless. Juna isn't so impressed.

Death and Valluta send purple orbs after you in that chamber.

As far as I can tell the cutscene is the same.

Guthix says he understands why you chose to kill him and doesn't hold it against you and believes that you are good hearted.

Pretty certain Saradomin didn't actually say anything about you siding with Zilyana, if anything he likes you the least of everyone afterwards.

Juna and Guthix's other followers forgive you for your choice, saying that if Guthix could see the good in you, then they can too.[/hide]

I'll check the NPCs you can talk to after the quest later.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I'm okay with spoilers. So you fight some mahjarrat. Is this a side story or prequel to something like ROTM? Doesn't make sense to kill them and then they show, but quests like rotm are not required,

I'm okay with spoilers. So you fight some mahjarrat. Is this a side story or prequel to something like ROTM? Doesn't make sense to kill them and then they show, but quests like rotm are not required,

Read the thread first, you couldn't be more off. If anything it is a sequel, and you don't kill any of them.

Coming next week, a brand new update whose implications and ramifications are so far reaching that we wanted to make it accessible to everyone as we will be building future updates on it. Without further adieu the following skills from levels 1-95 will become "part of the past", meaning the game will treat you as if you have acheived those levels regardless of whether you actually have or not. If you happen to be anywhere from level 1 to 95 in the following skills, you will be able to do all the things that one would be able to do if they were at level 95.

Click for skill list:

[hide]

Agility

Attack

Combat

Constitution

Construction

Cooking

Crafting

Defence

Dungeoneering

Farming

Firemaking

Fishing

Fletching

Herblore

Hunter

Magic

Mining

Prayer

Ranged

Runecrafting

Slayer

Smithing

Strength

Summoning

Thieving

Woodcutting

[/hide]

Plot holes, you say? What plot holes? Rational incentive structure? [bleep] that! It's the age of accessibility. Cheers everyone! Also when I said that this would be the year of "high-level updates", I was drunk. Didn't really mean it, sorry, brah! It's the age of handing everything on a silver platter to the kiddies so that their meager attention spans will sub in for the month.

-- Mod MMG, watering Runescape down and making it ridiculously easy since day 1!

• Like 2

For those who wanted to know what happens when you side with Zilyana (seems like I am the only one in the whole game who did):

[hide]Pretty much nothing.

Zilyana just says "Yes, finally someone around here who speaks sense. Go kill him quickly [player name]!"

Zaros' followers accept your decision saying it gets them what they want regardless. Juna isn't so impressed.

Death and Valluta send purple orbs after you in that chamber.

As far as I can tell the cutscene is the same.

Guthix says he understands why you chose to kill him and doesn't hold it against you and believes that you are good hearted.

Pretty certain Saradomin didn't actually say anything about you siding with Zilyana, if anything he likes you the least of everyone afterwards.

Juna and Guthix's other followers forgive you for your choice, saying that if Guthix could see the good in you, then they can too.[/hide]

I'll check the NPCs you can talk to after the quest later.

I sided with Zilyana too actually, check my post on the page before this ;)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak