24-Apr-2013 - Charm Sprites: Catch Them If You Can!

Ambler

It's nice that they removed the trees, ever since the graphical update reached that area it's been a pain to click on the sprites and not cut trees.

Does the yaktwee stick get a graphical change when it gets updated? I want to show off my catches but can't access a computer to check.

Also, for efficiency freaks: at what level does it become a waste to get the catches for the 5% xp boost?

Do the dailies, then it will be more then worth it ;D!

Bout 6 dailies of these ought to cover it =3

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Finished and got comp back.

Heres some numbers if anyone cares:

1000 Sprites

656 G sprites

237 T sprites

107 S sprites

Shards

089 Gold

179 Green

448 Crimson

284 Blue

73 Mystic

One mystic can be used with 1-4 normal colored shards to make a whole charm. Mystics comes with normal shards rarely.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

Did about 5 minutes to get a rhythm going, and then a 5 minute experience test. 8,270xp, or 99,240 extrapolated to an hour. In total charm wise I ended up with 15 crimsons, 9 blues, 7 green, 4 gold. So not exactly great for charms either

Also, my arm hurts. To keep a good constant rate going you're moving all over the screen and clicking non-stop (Throw>detonate>throw>catch>detonate>throw>catch>etc.).

Compared to jadinkos? Way more work for less than half the experience.

Possibly on the bright side, they won't completely suck as a daily task anymore.

10 minutes to take all that charms? Ok, for my book that's FAST

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Did about 5 minutes to get a rhythm going, and then a 5 minute experience test. 8,270xp, or 99,240 extrapolated to an hour. In total charm wise I ended up with 15 crimsons, 9 blues, 7 green, 4 gold. So not exactly great for charms either

Also, my arm hurts. To keep a good constant rate going you're moving all over the screen and clicking non-stop (Throw>detonate>throw>catch>detonate>throw>catch>etc.).

Compared to jadinkos? Way more work for less than half the experience.

Possibly on the bright side, they won't completely suck as a daily task anymore.

10 minutes to take all that charms? Ok, for my book that's FAST

Eh not overly, using this:

Crimson equivalents for 80 - 99 summoning

Blue 0.57

Gold 6.75

Green 3.26

15 + 9/.57+ 4/6.75 + 7/3.26 = 33.5 CE

Which works out to ~ 201 CE per hour, which I guess isn't too bad, except dags + waterfiends are around double that.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

If you've completed the Combat Academy, you can now toggle the interface stone it occupies to a quick shortcut to the Quest Journal interface.

This would come as I am finishing up 14 quest for my cape. Oh well, tis useful for me. And we still keep the quick tele to a bank deposit box.

starfire.png

Yes please

It better be as awesome as this or I will be oh so disappointed.

Yeah this is NICE!

Don't really care about the general update but i'm so happy to get rid of that button.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Probably not important to many folks here, but just saw there is now a Latin American game server available.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

enhancedyaktwee.png

enhancedyaktweeequipped.png

That wasn't to hard to get.

Max Cape countdown:

12 Smithing lvls, 10 Cooking lvls, 14 Crafting lvls, 4 Firemaking lvls, 8 Runecrafting lvls, 15 Farming lvls, 22 Construction lvls, 12 Hunter lvls, 4 Dungeoneering lvls.

starfire.png

Yes please

Literally about to post this pic too...lucky I actually looked through the thread!

Should be interesting to see what these things are like now.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

If you've completed the Combat Academy, you can now toggle the interface stone it occupies to a quick shortcut to the Quest Journal interface.

100x yes

Best part of the entire update.

Not for me--I've completed them both. :boohoo:

• Like 2

100x yes

Best part of the entire update.

Not for me--I've completed them both. :boohoo:

But the quests can be added/updated, unlikely the combat tutorial will be.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I am surprised that they didn't change the mechanics of capturing them. You should be able to do it in one click instead of having to click the thing on the ground. I mean, what else are we going to do with it if we just shot it at a bush? Just detonate it automatically.

• Like 1

Well, any sprites you've previously caught will not count towards the 1000 count required for the enhanced stick.

Still not as bad as the initial Castle Wars fiasco though.

realistically this wouldn't have been possible as it wasn't being tracked

8f14270694.jpg

Well, any sprites you've previously caught will not count towards the 1000 count required for the enhanced stick.

I think it was, there used to be a message telling you when you reached 100/1000/10000 catches I think

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

It was being tracked.

Before the update it was possible to right-click the yaktwee stick to view your capture count.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

But it was. It would tell in the Adventure Log how many of each you had caught in intervals of 100, 1000, and 10000 I believe. I had them all complete so this is from experience. That being said they very well could have changed how they were kept track of.

Shame the quest page is still a full screen [bleep]ing pop up. Jagex sure loves these stupid things.

You'll be happy to know that the NIS Alpha has zero of these anymore. (And will soon have a completely reworked quest journal as well)

So in a few short months you'll be back to seeing the world around you whilst figuring out what the heck you were just asked to do again.

• Like 5

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

Well I am really digging the NIS because it has so much versatility. Honestly its such a huge improvement that even a veteran player as myself is a bit in awe and even slightly scared at what I could potentially do for myself.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No fix for Castle Wars games. :(

Was there supposed to be one?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Sadly the interface beta still doesn't show things like jujus in the buffs/debuffs window. Nor do those things have a timer related to them, I really want that as I hate trying to find ingame chat message.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014