11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I wanted the SS Anne but it's not available. A thousand curses Jagex.

It's probably for the best. When that ship leaves port it never comes back.

Unless you walk on top of a sailor, in which case it magically reappears.

• Like 1

Brown padlocks are buyable with resources, silver ones cannot be unlocked yet. Took me a while to realize this too.

Is it true that you have to unlock all the ship upgrades one by one?

So Meg only comes back every week?

Yes.

Personally I think this quite a nice change of pace, and am enjoying the update so far.

Also glad that the best armour will be untradeable now.

Pop armour is only 6% better.

Brown padlocks are buyable with resources, silver ones cannot be unlocked yet. Took me a while to realize this too.

Is it true that you have to unlock all the ship upgrades one by one?

No, you need to upgrade your office to unlock additional ships

howlin1eeveesig.png

is it just me who thinks the best armor is kind of pointless currently.

It is not significantly better than barrows armor, with nothing like str bonuses/unique lp bonuses to make it stand out, just seems not worth the money (coming from me...). Who would have bothered with torva before eoc if it only offered a little better defence than barrows, and no str bonus or lp boost.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

is it just me who thinks the best armor is kind of pointless currently.

It is not significantly better than barrows armor, with nothing like str bonuses/unique lp bonuses to make it stand out, just seems not worth the money (coming from me...). Who would have bothered with torva before eoc if it only offered a little better defence than barrows, and no str bonus or lp boost.

The reason for that is the fact that most players and I guess developers also feel like the highest tier items should come from PVM, not via skilling. I don't agree with that fully, but I am leaning more towards that also. So I am actually glad it's only marginally better, because that means I didn't actually lose a shitton of possible income (because I love me some PVM to make geeepeeees) by having a high end uber armour introduced to the game, that is attainable by combaining minigame and skills.

At the same I am glad people who have invested in skills can actually get something out of them. So for me a definite win-win.

purekilljoy.png

If you right click on a friend that is online you get the option to trail and join them. Pressing trail will put a dotted yellow line on the ground when they are within X distance of you (I'm not sure what that distance is) and if you press join then you will teleport to the closest teleport spot to them (I was on lunars so my character only used the loadstones), if you are on a different work to your friend you change world (no confirmation box or anything) pretty much instantly, no please wait while we transfer your account or anything.

Was this added this week or what?

• Like 1

howlin1eeveesig.png

If you right click on a friend that is online you get the option to trail and join them. Pressing trail will put a dotted yellow line on the ground when they are within X distance of you (I'm not sure what that distance is) and if you press join then you will teleport to the closest teleport spot to them (I was on lunars so my character only used the loadstones), if you are on a different work to your friend you change world (no confirmation box or anything) pretty much instantly, no please wait while we transfer your account or anything.

Was this added this week or what?

Idk but this is really cool.

RIP, 2 captains dead already.

Clearly they were not devil fruit users.

Suppose its to limit the amount of grinding. Jagex is a tad known for limiting activites (2nd batch of court cases, number of fish flinger tickets a day, statues, etc). Suppose it will also make the armor a bit rarer atleast at the beginning.

In some ways it makes a new realm of strategy to the update as well. Speed crew members like the dwarf and the firework guy that make voyages faster aren't that useful if they make your chance below 95% because if you play a moderate amount you can burn through all 12 voyages a day. Currently trying to not send anything out below 85% myself since I'm rather limited on voyages a day. Now if you had unlimited voyages then you'd be better off possibly just chancing voyages over and over. Now since you only have so many gotta try to make each one count :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

I've done two full days and only ha one mission fail it was 77% I have sent out as low as 70% with success.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items