Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Hopefully tomorrow, but perhaps this is the Herblore update JaGEx mentioned to make up for being unable to use EXT/OVL in PvP?

it looks more like jagex is trying to make herblore useful for non combat skills.

I mean i guess fletching pots and crafting pots are useful, but you'll never drink 1 dose per 5 minutes consistently while training like melee potions.

There are 10 new potions coming out

we know 1 is a baron shark potion

1 is a mining spirits potion

and 1 is a herb harvest potion.

From the looks of it, the theme will be potions need to drink consistently while skilling to maintain optimal xp rates.

To me it seems like they're trying to make skilling potions that offer advantages to skillers, like the fishing potion allowing you to catch new fish. This won't be just a simple "oh it raises your level by ___" because we have those for a number of skiller skills already.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, it'll turn out to be a Thursday, maybe even a Friday update.

I just hope it isn't a D&D, but a full fledged activity like sc, so you can store them for later use ...

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Emily has a post stating this is a no update week. You may find it here (QC code: 16-17-356-61912818)

17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x.jpg

again???

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

2 straight update-less weeks, unless you count that minor interface update last week as something significant. This is why i don't like the BTS - it only makes us hopeful for things, then makes us wait a few weeks more than expected.

lalalasig2.png

Well, it'll turn out to be a Thursday, maybe even a Friday update.

I just hope it isn't a D&D, but a full fledged activity like sc, so you can store them for later use ...

Like i've said before, I think Herblore Habitat sounds remarkably similar to the Tai Bwo Wannai Clean Up we got years ago. Training multiple skills with rewards that give various bonuses to other ones. A lot of people are thinking it's going to be a fully fledged D&D. I't doesn't sound like one in my opinion, but that might just be me getting hopeful that we're actually going to get a new skilling area that provides worthwhile rewards and won't be abandoned after the new factor wears off.

Sylpheed.png

Those who experiment with their environment, attracting eight different creatures in a given week, will win XP and clothing rewards. Those who go a step further, and entice the elusive Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak jadinkos, will receive an even scarcer prize. With seven new plants to grow and eight Construction features to build, Papa Mambo has grown an area that puts others to shaman.

I get the feeling its a D&D, but I'm not sure.

Hey guys,

To confirm, there will not be a game update this week. This is due to some additions and tweaks that we are making to a complex update that we want to launch alongside the content update.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean that you will miss out on any of the content updates planned for this month. You will just get a bigger group of updates next week!

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So in other words, the problem has nothing to do with the content update itself and is completely unrelated. Deja Vu anyone? Seems to me that this is always their excuse for delaying something.

Sylpheed.png

I think we will be getting both updates next week actually.

Emilee said they came across some stuff in a complex update coming with the Herblore Habitat (Elite Treasure Trails all over again possibly :P)

She mentioned everything will still be going according to plan, and to expect a larger content update next week.

Edit: Beat me to it.

I think we will be getting both updates next week actually.

Emilee said they came across some stuff in a complex update coming with the Herblore Habitat (Elite Treasure Trails all over again possibly :P)

She mentioned everything will still be going according to plan, and to expect a larger content update next week.

Edit: Beat me to it.

I wouldn't count on it. The 29th and 30th November are at the start of a different week so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just push back the quest for that week and then have a minimal amount of updates for December.

Sylpheed.png

Hey guys,

To confirm, there will not be a game update this week. This is due to some additions and tweaks that we are making to a complex update that we want to launch alongside the content update.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean that you will miss out on any of the content updates planned for this month. You will just get a bigger group of updates next week!

Why would that have be said if we end up only getting this week's updates, next week?

I wouldn't be surprised if everything got pushed back a week, but it sounds more like both are coming next week.

It really sounds like, as compared above, jungle clean-up with an additional weekly element. HOWEVER, it sounds like there will be several new perks outside of any new minigame or D/D... I mean, I doubt that the new Baron Shark will be fishable only once a week, ya know? And on that topic, possible 250lp healing food? lol wow... And who's to say that these mineral spirits won't lead into their Smithing super update? No one expected Temple at Sen. to release an entire new prayerbook, and the general thought on this update is that it won't be too big either... ;)

2dgucz6.png

I hope it's got some good things. I really like the idea of "double herb harvest" I'm hoping this is a neat way to train that has an associated weekly event (but you can still go there without doing the D&D)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'm going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb but teleportation potions?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I'm going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on a limb but teleportation potions?

.....I think you went out on a limb on a train of thought, and forgot to stop at the station. You're on the "blatant and odd speculation" tree now.

Those would be amusing, though. "I'm so drugged that I'm thinking I'm over here now!"

a70c7.png

Ectophial: you get changed into ectoplasm and transported through the ectoplasma currents beneath the outer crust of the planet.

OT: Aww men, now we have to wait even longer for a possibly very cool/handy update.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Boo the monkeys didnt get updated like the summoning pet :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12