Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I've got to honestly say, that's simply disappointing. I had hoped we'd get SOME kind of armor or weapons for "main" slots, as I'm sure many others did as well.

On that note however, what about the cape - the purported Cloak of Shadows? I do actually have cache pictures of the cloak, and the Prayer necklaces mentioned (I'm sure of it after seeing the 2nd picture!), but they're on my home computer.

I have MA rings that I spent quite a while getting; I rather doubt that these Eyes will surpass them, although they may rival them.

I can't see how any of these rewards could be level 90+... I'm glad at least that (at least at this moment) I don't have to alter my previous plans, and for the new floors themselves which I care far more about than rewards anyway.

I agree. I was really hoping for truly EPIC rewards. I suppose there's still a chance that some of them are amazing, but I would've really liked armor sets.

Even with a high level content, end-game skill JaGeX are still [bleep]ing up, wow. "Here, have a necklace that helps restore prayer and is weaker than Fury (It will be weaker with an effect like this), it helps for Slayer and any combat training (not really, just saves money) even though you're 95+ Dungeoneering and are likely maxed in all of that." I bet NONE of the rewards are above 85, YET AGAIN.

Yeah, gotta say, it's a little weird to make a skill with new content up to level 120 and cap the rewards at 85.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Yeah, gotta say, it's a little weird to make a skill with new content up to level 120 and cap the rewards at 85.

Well, just talking about the item rewards, there's an understandable reason for that. Jagex wants players to be able to access any item at a relatively low dungeon level so players can pick which item reward they want first. The benefit of having higher dungeon is not so you can have a "exclusive super-elite item" but rather so you can have more of the elite items already provided at the <80 requirements.

So while you don't really get any "new" rewards at 85+, you still get new rewards in the form of unlocking all the current rewards for purchase. Buying all the shields and weapons alone would be 14M XP. All the other content items to be purchased is somewhere around 20M or so XP? Whether or not you feel a reward is worthy of purchase is a different matter, but the rewards don't stop at the levels required to purchase them.

I guess reward dungeons were a one-time thing too? I would have expected just a few, maybe up to level 100, to accompany this update, but they typically hype out every little detail nowadays so if there were going to add them they would have mentioned them...

- I think the general consensus is that although new floors are awesome, this really isn't the expansive Dungeoneering 2.0 everyone was expecting.

2dgucz6.png

the dung emote uses longsword

who knows maybe being the final weapn it gets a good spec or something

That just gave me an idea!

EDIT: posted.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

primal 2h is likely to be a great, if not the best, melee weapon without those additions. longsword is likely to suck [rooster], but i doubt they'd add a special attack to it, makes no sense.

Well, the longsword IS the last weapon, and considering they're not the best right now, it probably makes sense for them to add a spec.

Also, posted here. I really want the tier 11 items to shine this time ^^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

primal 2h is likely to be a great, if not the best, melee weapon without those additions. longsword is likely to suck [rooster], but i doubt they'd add a special attack to it, makes no sense.

Well, the longsword IS the last weapon, and considering they're not the best right now, it probably makes sense for them to add a spec.

Also, posted here. I really want the tier 11 items to shine this time ^^

We don't know that the longsword will be the last weapon.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

We don't know that the longsword will be the last weapon.

Sorry about the wording, but Kal'Ger the Warmonger is highly likely to be the last boss of the warped floors.

Considering the other demons all drop 1-handed weapons, maybe Kal'Ger might too?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

To'kash drops mage gloves and uses magic. From the screenshot we can see that Kal'ger is wielding a staff, so it's possible he'll drop Celestial robes. Or some other random thing. They might decide to make him drop plate or 2h just because OMG LAST BOSS.

Yeah if they don't add specs then 2h will most definitely be last.

Also, just checked the teaser thread in stickies. Now THAT'S one scary behemoth :blink:

What's that in the 2nd picture? Is it the 2nd form?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

That's assuming warped floors are just like occult or abandoned, which they very well might not be- if most warped monsters are weak to stab, longsword and even rapier will be better than it. If warped floors are weak to magic(which is likely), melee will be quite terrible for them(imaging killing 2 primal warriors every gd).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I wonder where Bilrach will go...

In the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest of course. If Bilrach was the boss of the final floor, ROTM would have to require level 119 dungeoneering, which is not going to happen.

I wonder where Bilrach will go...

In the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest of course. If Bilrach was the boss of the final floor, ROTM would have to require level 119 dungeoneering, which is not going to happen.

i dont see a problem with having bilrach as the 119 boss, you could fight him as a dung boss at 119, but noobs could still do the quest without 119 dung

its simple realy, you fight him, hes the hardest boss youve ever fought, finaly 100 deaths later you beat him, but instead of killing him he does the exact same thing nomad does, thers a cutscene where he gets back up and teles to the majhaart sight in hopes of "recharging" his drained power

a_final_name.png

its simple realy, you fight him, hes the hardest boss youve ever fought, finaly 100 deaths later you beat him, but instead of killing him he does the exact same thing nomad does, thers a cutscene where he gets back up and teles to the majhaart sight in hopes of "recharging" his drained power

I think that would be somewhat lame, as I am not a fan of the Nomad revival thing =\

Bilrach isn't like the rest of the DG bosses, he's actually an important character.

When he dies, I want him to stay dead.

Naaxi.png

I think that would be somewhat lame, as I am not a fan of the Nomad revival thing =\

Bilrach isn't like the rest of the DG bosses, he's actually an important character.

When he dies, I want him to stay dead.

Also contradiction of your own argument much.

If that is how fighting Bilrach in dungeoneeering went down how could it NOT be a requirement for the mahjahratt ritual quest?

I mean its gonna make a bit of a different to the quest if Bilrach shows up half dead opposed to super duper powered up isn't it?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

From the Facebook:

73878_10150099004166729_59261801728_7086672_7170236_n.jpg

^ From the BTS:

Herblore Habitat

We plan to go back to our roots this month, travelling just south of the Jade Vine for a spot of skill-based voodoo! Papa Mambo, the ex-witch doctor of Shilo Village, has installed himself as the (shrunken) head of a bustling ecosystem. Here, he will invite you to the centre of a circle of life: grow plants to attract creatures, hunt creatures to gain potion ingredients, and make potions to improve your plant-growing ability! Farming, Hunter and Herblore will all be trained in an area that requires a Farming level of at least 54, a Hunter level of 70 and a Herblore level of 54.

There will also be the opportunity to concoct ten juju potions, each with really wild effects: a fishing potion that attracts the elusive baron shark, mining potions that invoke the stone spirits, and a herblore potion that offers you the chance of double herbs when harvesting. Those who experiment with their environment, attracting eight different creatures in a given week, will win XP and clothing rewards. Those who go a step further, and entice the elusive Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak jadinkos, will receive an even scarcer prize. With seven new plants to grow and eight Construction features to build, Papa Mambo has grown an area that puts others to shaman.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato