Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Looks like melee armor tends to be dropped by stalkers (with a couple exceptions), which may be extended to the plate.

I could also see primal 2h being a drop from dreadnaught, with rammernaught dropping the maul.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

the stalker does not pray

It does have magic prayer on, so that's what I assumed.

The prayer you see is the prayer of a player behind it, not of the boss itself.

69811_462098602365_179876422365_5359886_5242343_n.jpg

Few pages back, but I'd like to direct your attention to the left side where there's a red bar. Of course it could be a familiar but familiars getting hit multiple times is rather uncommon.

I'd also like to direct your attention to the foot and shadow of a player that you can clearly see behind the boss. ;) My thoughts are that the boss spawns some sort of creature. You can see the players in that picture aiming at something in the direction of the red bar, so they may have just killed whatever it had spawned.

Look on the wall behind the boss, theres a eye sockety, monstery type thing that seems dead. Perhaps there is several of these that have mini monsters in that you need to kill off to focus on the main guy.

Plus the one behind the monster is slightly set forward on a bricked wall, the red bar at left is over a bit of wall tht slightly sticks out and has a brick shaping at the top.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Am I stupid? I don't see where you guys are finding these pictures....

Go look on page 7 for the teasers.

I think the Kal'Gerion demon will drop the longsword as Yk'Lagor drops the battleaxe. Bal'lak drops warhammers, Har'Lakk drops rapiers, and To'Kash drops daggers. It all makes sense.

As said, Dreadnaut will drop the 2h sword.

The stalker will drop the platebody, behemoth drops robe top, the mummy-thing drops the leather body, and the hobgoblin-thing drops the spear.

It all makes sense!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Am I stupid? I don't see where you guys are finding these pictures....

Go look on page 7 for the teasers.

I think the Kal'Gerion demon will drop the longsword as Yk'Lagor drops the battleaxe. Bal'lak drops warhammers, Har'Lakk drops rapiers, and To'Kash drops daggers. It all makes sense.

As said, Dreadnaut will drop the 2h sword.

The stalker will drop the platebody, behemoth drops robe top, the mummy-thing drops the leather body, and the hobgoblin-thing drops the spear.

It all makes sense!

Well, it does make sense, and if you extend it further by considering what level those creatures should become available, 2h should be 101 and plate should be 107, leaving longsword to 113.

Also, while we consider what the usefulness of the leatherbody will be(and it's magnificent 100 mage def) you also have to consider the speciality of warped floors- occult floors are heavily mage based, so there a ranged body makes more sense, however, if none of the warped bosses are weak to ranged or there are very few mages, it wouldn't be as useful. If i'm not badly mistaken, warped floor weakness should be magic(which would render platebodys more useful).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Then again, the Kal'Gerion demon can be one of the first 3 just like Har'Lakk. This makes the stalker boss last of the 6.

I predict it's behemoth/mummy/kal'gerion, hobgoblin-like thing, dreadnaut, and stalker.

I wonder where Bilrach will go...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Then again, the Kal'Gerion demon can be one of the first 3 just like Har'Lakk. This makes the stalker boss last of the 6.

I predict it's behemoth/mummy/kal'gerion, hobgoblin-like thing, dreadnaut, and stalker.

I think you have to not consider furnished floors to draw any sort of meaningful conclusions...

If you only look at only frozen, abandoned and occult, behemoth is definitely one of the first three, stalker is definitely the 5th boss(level 107) and the demon is definitely the last boss(level 113). Also, by logic of those 3 floors, a multy-combat boss should be one of the first three and a mage boss should be the 4th.

There is also a possibility that jagex might consider lowering the requirements for the top half of these bosses, something like 99/105/111, 99/103/109 or even 99/103/107 might be possible(and make sense).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Well, the rewards have to be considered too. Is it better to put 2h in front of longsword, which is last? (Unless the primal longsword has an overpowering spec :shades: )

Then again the bosses can all drop differently. I based rewards all on occult and monster order on furnished lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

stalkers drop melee plate armor, kal'gerion generals drop melee weapons

i can see the stalker at 107 drop plate, and then kal'ger drop 2h at 113

this was my initial thought until i saw the pictuer of kal'ger........ hes maging using a catalytic staff

if you look at the pummler he uses 2 warhammers and drops a warhammer, if you look at yk'lago he uses 2 battleaxe blades on his arm and drops baxe

but no. kal'ger is wielding some beastly catalytic staff, meaning i think kal'ger actualy drops the catalytic warstaff...the 7th boss drop

catalytic warstaff was in quickchat until friday when it was removed, also if you count bilrach there are 7 bosses left, and only 6 t11 items, so of course theres a 7th additional item to be dropped, so im realy guessing its catalytic warstaff which will be dropped by the mage boss kal'ger the warmonger, whos wielding it in that pic

a_final_name.png

I think you have to not consider furnished floors to draw any sort of meaningful conclusions...

If you only look at only frozen, abandoned and occult, behemoth is definitely one of the first three, stalker is definitely the 5th boss(level 107) and the demon is definitely the last boss(level 113). Also, by logic of those 3 floors, a multy-combat boss should be one of the first three and a mage boss should be the 4th.

There is also a possibility that jagex might consider lowering the requirements for the top half of these bosses, something like 99/105/111, 99/103/109 or even 99/103/107 might be possible(and make sense).

first 3 bosses: (Behemoths, rammernaut, and gravecreeper were first 3 bosses)

Behemoth - spear drop maybe? Behemoths tend to drop random things :P

Dreadnaut - probably drops 2H, as other Naut drops a 2 handed maul.

Creeper thing

4th boss: (Mage bosses other than astea have been the 4th boss)

Mage/Summoner - mage top? other than the necro lord, previous mages dropped magical armor

5th boss: (Stalkers historically are the 5th or 6th boss)

Stalker - probably drops platebody, as stalkers tend to drop armor.

6th boss: (We know the last boss has voice acting, the Jmod who did his voice bragged about it already. Probably Kalgerion demon as final boss)

Kalgerion Demon - Probably drops longsword, as demons tend to drop 1 handed weapons.

Naaxi.png

It'd be slightly anticlimactic for the last boss to drop the longsword. :( Anyway, the mage boss should be another Kal'Gerion demon. There's still one more general, then Kal'Ger himself.

the dung emote uses longsword

who knows maybe being the final weapn it gets a good spec or something

a_final_name.png

stalkers drop melee plate armor, kal'gerion generals drop melee weapons

i can see the stalker at 107 drop plate, and then kal'ger drop 2h at 113

this was my initial thought until i saw the pictuer of kal'ger........ hes maging using a catalytic staff

if you look at the pummler he uses 2 warhammers and drops a warhammer, if you look at yk'lago he uses 2 battleaxe blades on his arm and drops baxe

but no. kal'ger is wielding some beastly catalytic staff, meaning i think kal'ger actualy drops the catalytic warstaff...the 7th boss drop

catalytic warstaff was in quickchat until friday when it was removed, also if you count bilrach there are 7 bosses left, and only 6 t11 items, so of course theres a 7th additional item to be dropped, so im realy guessing its catalytic warstaff which will be dropped by the mage boss kal'ger the warmonger, whos wielding it in that pic

@Andrew Calcs:

Catalytic warstaff, it's an old thing left in QC, nothing more to it, sorry to disappoint!

That's what Mod Chris L told us on the maxed forums. Sure he could be lying but we'll see.

You know the new pet it going to be a baby stalker. You just know... Either that or a baby mastyx, but that would be disappointing right? I don't think anyone would want a baby stegosaurus even though I thought they were a badass dinosaur growing up.

The eight new rewards?

1. New pet (Baby Stalker?)

2. Eye of the Mage (previously discussed)

3. Eye of the Ranger (previously discussed)

4. Eye of the Warrior (previously discussed)

5. Scroll of Cleansing

6. Low level prayer necklace (mentioned necklaces)

7. High level prayer necklace (mentioned necklaces)

8. Surge Box (strongly desired and discussed update)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've got to honestly say, that's simply disappointing. I had hoped we'd get SOME kind of armor or weapons for "main" slots, as I'm sure many others did as well.

On that note however, what about the cape - the purported Cloak of Shadows? I do actually have cache pictures of the cloak, and the Prayer necklaces mentioned (I'm sure of it after seeing the 2nd picture!), but they're on my home computer.

I have MA rings that I spent quite a while getting; I rather doubt that these Eyes will surpass them, although they may rival them.

I can't see how any of these rewards could be level 90+... I'm glad at least that (at least at this moment) I don't have to alter my previous plans, and for the new floors themselves which I care far more about than rewards anyway.

2dgucz6.png

The only think i might be looking forward to is the quest, minigames and potential potions that will aid me and doing my effigies. Honestly the new dungeoneering rewards don't impress me. I mean maybe the high level prayer restoring necklace, but if it doesn't outweigh using a fury I ain't getting it. Period.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The only think i might be looking forward to is the quest, minigames and potential potions that will aid me and doing my effigies. Honestly the new dungeoneering rewards don't impress me. I mean maybe the high level prayer restoring necklace, but if it doesn't outweigh using a fury I ain't getting it. Period.

It greatly depends on the context of how many prayer points we are getting. If we are getting say 3-4 prayer points per bone.. coupled with a bone crusher & high prayer bonus, this could possibly mean praying piety, protection prayer, ect.. with 0 prayer usage for an entire task.

The problem is most of Kuradel's tasks don't drop bones. For mid level players using a different slayer master though, this could be a VERY useful item. Especially since mid level players tend to not have that much money to work with to buy prayer potions in the first place.

Off the topic of warped floors, does anyone else think this new quest will release the dragon defender? Ive heard its coming for awhile and think this hint means its coming this month.

From: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---november-4

Do No Evil

This month, it will be time to head down to the desert for a new quest that builds on a lot of the lore of that area of RuneScape, and which will tie together the disparate quest threads from the region. The Pharaoh Queen, Senliten, has much to catch up on after being cut off from the land of the living, and may have some insights into what is going on with the plagues, sandstorms and various schemes of the Devourer.

Its not all serious business, though: theres monkey business to be had, as you coax the simians of Ape Atoll to set up a colony on the sandy dunes of the Kharidian Desert. Why are monkeys and the desert so strongly linked? How did the Three Wise Monkeys really lose their senses? When will King Awowogei get his next food fix? And what do monkey knife-fighters carry in their pockets? Find the answers to these questions and more in Do No Evil, our latest master quest.

Knife-fighters is a clue there, but the carry in their pockets bit is interesting, do they "carry" the dragon defender and we kill them to get it? I think this might be like the chaos dwarf battlefield where you have to slay thousands to get their main drop, seeing as it says monkey knife-fighters as a plural, not "What does a monkey knife-fighter carry in its pocket?"

Discuss.

Click here for all the good stuff

[hide]Drops: 2x Basilisk Head 1x KBD Heads 1x Bando's Tasset (FFA) 45x D Boots 1x D Legs 1x D Med 1x Visage (Fd) 40+Effigy 4x Whip 3x Claws 4x Elite Clues

Barrows: 1x Karil's Top 2x Ahrim's Top 1x Guthan's Spear 1x Guthan's Skirt 1x Karil's X bow 1x Verac's Brassard 1x D Med 1x Guthan's Platebody 1x Karil's Coif 1x Torag's Hammers

Corp: 1x Arcane Split 1x Missed Arcane

DK: 6x Zerker 2x Warrior 8x Hatchet 1x Seercul 2x Mud Staff 2x Seers 4x Archer

Achievements:

99 Attack 6/20/10 101,194th 99 Cooking 7/20/10 122,253rd 99 Magic 9/7/10 71,666th 99 HP 9/9/10 101,964th

99 Range 11/6/10 74,927th 99 Strength 11/7/10 164,778th 99 Defence 12/5/10 92,351st 2,100 Total 11/25/10

Firecape 8/3/10 Extremes 8/14/10 Turmoil 9/26/10 Rapier 10/15/10

http://www.youtube.com/user/Greg2952

[/hide]

Off the topic of warped floors, does anyone else think this new quest will release the dragon defender? Ive heard its coming for awhile and think this hint means its coming this month.

From: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---november-4

Do No Evil

This month, it will be time to head down to the desert for a new quest that builds on a lot of the lore of that area of RuneScape, and which will tie together the disparate quest threads from the region. The Pharaoh Queen, Senliten, has much to catch up on after being cut off from the land of the living, and may have some insights into what is going on with the plagues, sandstorms and various schemes of the Devourer.

Its not all serious business, though: theres monkey business to be had, as you coax the simians of Ape Atoll to set up a colony on the sandy dunes of the Kharidian Desert. Why are monkeys and the desert so strongly linked? How did the Three Wise Monkeys really lose their senses? When will King Awowogei get his next food fix? And what do monkey knife-fighters carry in their pockets? Find the answers to these questions and more in Do No Evil, our latest master quest.

Knife-fighters is a clue there, but the carry in their pockets bit is interesting, do they "carry" the dragon defender and we kill them to get it? I think this might be like the chaos dwarf battlefield where you have to slay thousands to get their main drop, seeing as it says monkey knife-fighters as a plural, not "What does a monkey knife-fighter carry in its pocket?"

Discuss.

Really hope not, melee is so overpowered right now....

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I've got to honestly say, that's simply disappointing. I had hoped we'd get SOME kind of armor or weapons for "main" slots, as I'm sure many others did as well.

On that note however, what about the cape - the purported Cloak of Shadows? I do actually have cache pictures of the cloak, and the Prayer necklaces mentioned (I'm sure of it after seeing the 2nd picture!), but they're on my home computer.

I have MA rings that I spent quite a while getting; I rather doubt that these Eyes will surpass them, although they may rival them.

I can't see how any of these rewards could be level 90+... I'm glad at least that (at least at this moment) I don't have to alter my previous plans, and for the new floors themselves which I care far more about than rewards anyway.

I agree. I was really hoping for truly EPIC rewards. I suppose there's still a chance that some of them are amazing, but I would've really liked armor sets.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I agree. I was really hoping for truly EPIC rewards. I suppose there's still a chance that some of them are amazing, but I would've really liked armor sets.

We still have room for 1-3 unmentioned rewards... let's hope! :thumbup:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

And what do monkey knife-fighters carry in their pockets? Find the answers to these questions and more in Do No Evil, our latest master quest.

Discuss.

It sounds a lot like you're just going to be able to pickpocket monkeys in this new nomadic camp you're forming. I think you might be looking way too far into it. And it's not something they would carry in their pockets now, would it? It's a weapon.

hzvjpwS.gif

And what do monkey knife-fighters carry in their pockets? Find the answers to these questions and more in Do No Evil, our latest master quest.

Discuss.

It sounds a lot like you're just going to be able to pickpocket monkeys in this new nomadic camp you're forming. I think you might be looking way too far into it. And it's not something they would carry in their pockets now, would it? It's a weapon.

Or a banana.