Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Tweaking the levels would work fine. It's just stupid that you have to be in the 60's to get the most basic rewards, and it's also misleading that they put these items low when there is physically no chance of getting them at that level.

I think you are watching the problem(which i don't deny there is) from the wrong perspective- if there was some other way of gaining tokens, perhaps a way in which you wouldn't directly get dungeoneering xp from, this problem could be solved. Reducing the cost of items to coincide with levels would make most rewards just too cheap, and only allow you to have that specific reward at that specific level anyway.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Tweaking the levels would work fine. It's just stupid that you have to be in the 60's to get the most basic rewards, and it's also misleading that they put these items low when there is physically no chance of getting them at that level.

I think you are watching the problem(which i don't deny there is) from the wrong perspective- if there was some other way of gaining tokens, perhaps a way in which you wouldn't directly get dungeoneering xp from, this problem could be solved. Reducing the cost of items to coincide with levels would make most rewards just too cheap, and only allow you to have that specific reward at that specific level anyway.

possible soln: give everyone a few starting tokens, like around 10k

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Have a low level quest that gives tokens as a reward.
Hameigh.png

Wouldn't solve the problem, really.

I was thinking more like some dungeoneering minigame/activity that gives 3-5x the tokens but no xp(and could never be faster or close xp to normal).

Tbh dungeoneering needs a short quest tutorial like summoning has explaining the prestige system and on top of that an extension quest on all the little tips and tricks you pick up later

2496 Completionist

Tbh dungeoneering needs a short quest tutorial like summoning has explaining the prestige system and on top of that an extension quest on all the little tips and tricks you pick up later

Jagex giving us tips on what to do? Isn't that what we don't need...? I'm fairly sure jagex'es advice would be to do everything on c6 and to kill every monster, use their auto-match system for teams(which is terrible). The prestige system is more than easy to figure out with the tips you get right now(on rskb and in game)- if you can't do it on your own, you propably shouldn't be training the skill.

Jagex giving us tips on what to do? Isn't that what we don't need...? I'm fairly sure jagex'es advice would be to do everything on c6 and to kill every monster, use their auto-match system for teams(which is terrible). The prestige system is more than easy to figure out with the tips you get right now(on rskb and in game)- if you can't do it on your own, you propably shouldn't be training the skill.

If they thought Summoning was complicated enough to warrant a tutorial, then dungeoneering definitely needed one. The dungeoneering tutor isn't very helpful at all. Perhaps Jagex has revamped their handholding policy, but Wolf Whistle seems strangely out of place without a dungeoneering equivalent.

The most common question I see every low level asking is how to get the best experience and when to reset. Yes, everyone now at a high level understands it perfectly, but there is no comprehensive explanation ingame. Again, depends on how much handholding is intended, but ingame explanations are usually the clearest.

And while your cynicism at Jagex's cluelessness was appreciated (I enjoyed it at least), as long as Mod Chris L writes it we should be fine (though finishing dungeoneering updates should be a priority).

2496 Completionist

This. Jesus, can you imagine the tips Jagex would give? "Make sure to make armor for every combat style as soon as you can so that you can be prepared for every situation." "It's helpful to fish every fishing spot you see and leave the fish at the base, just in case." "Taking the time to plant a few cave potatoes can pay off in the form of higher-healing food!" "Make sure to kill every monster you see for a higher Level Mod bonus!"

*shudder*

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If they thought Summoning was complicated enough to warrant a tutorial, then dungeoneering definitely needed one. The dungeoneering tutor isn't very helpful at all. Perhaps Jagex has revamped their handholding policy, but Wolf Whistle seems strangely out of place without a dungeoneering equivalent.

The most common question I see every low level asking is how to get the best experience and when to reset. Yes, everyone now at a high level understands it perfectly, but there is no comprehensive explanation ingame. Again, depends on how much handholding is intended, but ingame explanations are usually the clearest.

And while your cynicism at Jagex's cluelessness was appreciated (I enjoyed it at least), as long as Mod Chris L writes it we should be fine (though finishing dungeoneering updates should be a priority).

Dungeoneering is first and foremost a team-based skill, that is supposed to make people work with each other. I think the lack of a tutorial helps that a hell of a lot.

2qcigdz.png

I'm more than sure(actually, adamant) that jagex could never or would never write guide that would give good information on how to get the best experience out of dungeoneering- the skill is just too diverse for even the players to figure this out with any ease(if anyone tells you doing X is very best for dungeoneering xp, they are more than likely wrong). I do think they give more than enough information(atleast for me, but i'm smart enough to read trough the skill guide before trying it out) on how prestige works and when you should reset. It's always a great idea to check tip.it/runewiki general guide on dungeoneering before starting, which is another thing I did.

OMFG WARPED IS FINALY HERE!!!!!!!!!

hello double xp for presitge

its like double xp weekend but it lasts forever!!!!!

I lol'd

Most people - including you ;) - wont get this double xp until like 110+ hahah

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I lol'd

Most people - including you ;) - wont get this double xp until like 110+ hahah

yea ill start off at like 1.5x xp

by christmas ill hit double xp

a_final_name.png

I'm more than sure(actually, adamant) that jagex could never or would never write guide that would give good information on how to get the best experience out of dungeoneering- the skill is just too diverse for even the players to figure this out with any ease(if anyone tells you doing X is very best for dungeoneering xp, they are more than likely wrong). I do think they give more than enough information(atleast for me, but i'm smart enough to read trough the skill guide before trying it out) on how prestige works and when you should reset. It's always a great idea to check tip.it/runewiki general guide on dungeoneering before starting, which is another thing I did.

To play the role of an obnoxious high-minded jmod, it's important that good information be given ingame (especially since the Knowledge Base isn't great and not everyone regularly visits fansites). To make sure it's as widely accessed as possible, it's important that people learn by doing while being guided towards at least a basic strategy. Perhaps you don't really care how many people are competent at dungeoneering since only a small subset is at your level (and an even smaller subset at mine) but the success of dungeoneering as a skill affects everyone.

I do agree that there are various strategies to earn exp; I mainly meant that they should explain very clearly when to reset. An allusion to the fact that lower complexity floors take less time and that doing only your higher floors on c6 would help as well. From what I see of Chris L's posts, at least a couple people at Jagex know how to dungeoneer what we would call "efficiently" - hopefully these would be the ones doing this if it was ever implemented :wink:

2496 Completionist

What? where do you see this?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Should be a nice update, will be interesting to see what the new rewards are and to also see what new puzzle rooms there are (only things I'll be be able to do :P). Will be a while before I can do them (only did my first occult floors today) but I'm sure all the other parts will be interesting, especially what the true skill mastery does (assuming that's with this update).

heard that f60 is coming out separately so we'll see

sigcopyaf.png

heard that f60 is coming out separately so we'll see

I heard they were releasing f60 in three separate updates.

Is it possible the amulet the player is wearing could be one of these three that were "scrapped" last batch due to the lacking of usefulness Jagex mentioned?

1) Eye of the Mage

2) Eye of the Warrior

3) Eye of the Ranger

and darn, looks like I'm gonna miss out for a while... =\

Asn_sensei.gif

Is it possible the amulet the player is wearing could be one of these three that were "scrapped" last batch due to the lacking of usefulness Jagex mentioned?

1) Eye of the Mage

2) Eye of the Warrior

3) Eye of the Ranger

and darn, looks like I'm gonna miss out for a while... =\

Incredibly likely. I bet that's what that amulet is. I mean, what else would they be anyway? We havn't had a new amulet to match the fury in never.

Like the ppl in the thread said earlier, the eyes are ring slot I think

So the amulet is probably an upgraded arcstream. hopefully not though cause then magic would be so powerful lol

sigcopyaf.png

yay for prestige 58 the downside is i needa get 47/47 again and noones dging lol and the other downside is i have orthodontist tommorow so i hope its on tues instead

but otherwise cant wait :)

StarViv.png