Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

TBF knowing jagex testing and spoiler pic graphic monkey they playing with everything low other than water detail.

I'm sure it'd look better with other graphics turned up.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Looks like a really bad photoshop.

Watch this water only exist in one area of the game like the sexy new trees.

E:looks better here

4e0Vn.png

Teaser%203-June-2011.jpg

The water looks like.. ..water. I'm stunned. Almost looks bit out-of-place. o.o

Water-cool

That ship's mast that's farthest away in the pic-looks okay

All the other items-fail, you can see the pretty much straight line across where the water meets the object, and it just looks tacky.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

As great as the water looks, the rest of the models look completely out of place.

What I'm interested in is the draw distance in that photo because it looks to be FAR more than what we have currently. And the increased draw distance looks gorgeous!

I'm interested to see what the update looks like when it launches and whether this realistic-looking water will launch with it and blend in with the rest of the cartoony art style.

Fellsig.jpg

"The Guns" (guy in the 2nd picture) looks like he's the one who's in the boat in the first picture (water looks really good in it). Guess he's involved somehow.

siggy.png

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010

534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

Teaser%203-June-2011.jpg

Holy [cabbage] epic. I support them adding better water effects.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Teaser%203-June-2011.jpg

Holy [cabbage] epic. I support them adding better water effects.

I'm in awe of the realism that image offers but it doesn't fit with the aesthetics of the game. Everything that isn't water looks horrendously out of place. Maybe this signifies that they're stepping up the graphical detail of this game and raising the minimum requirements to still be competitive in terms of graphics? It's an interesting thought, but I have little hope for a project of that magnitude to go well.

hzvjpwS.gif

You'd think that Jagex would want the best promotional pictures possible, even if they're just for update teasers, yet they never use the highest detail settings or save the files in a format that doesn't make it horribly pixilated. :/

That being said I hope that if they do use this water it will fit a lot better than this screenshot shows.

They did use best settings possible for a while...then the whiney noobs all moaned that their game didn't look that good cause of their [cabbage] pcs.

So now we get [cabbage]ty pictures with at best mid level graphics settings across the board; or 1 setting turned right up to show off something and the rest bare minimums.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

out of curiosity, rather than a buff to graphics, could it be possible that this might imply runescapes first cinematic?

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

out of curiosity, rather than a buff to graphics, could it be possible that this might imply runescapes first cinematic?

Not really since all cutscenes are cinematics and we have hundreds of them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Not really since all cutscenes are cinematics and we have hundreds of them.

really?, i could've swore everything was cutscenes

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

a cutscene is a cinematic. Anything that's non-interactive video that contains some form of action or story is a cinematic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg