Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

So that last pic must be the lava fairy sprite or w/e they called it in BTS thth hands out the golden mining outfit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Death hats, staking hats, and the graphic upgrades.

Meh week.

Agreed. We might see the graphical improvements and 'upgrades week' too though. (better than an 'upgrade-year' but still meh :razz: )

"theyll also be able to show off to the rest of RuneScape just how many players youve PKed in the Wilderness" is that going to be the bounty hunter rank? As in the minigame which was removed 1 february 2011 and is still on highscores... :unsure:

I hope the larger updates are for the next months. No big quests in ages, dungeoneering was released 12 april 2010 and a new skill hasn't even been mentioned.

first it is stated that one of the graphical inprovements will be at the end of the month, so most likely this is only draynor village. and this will be the upgrade week too I think.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Yeah rellekka graphics are bound to be with the fremmink saga's in the last week I'd say.

So this week gonna be draynor, death hates and upgrades; nothing huge content wise but still hopefully some nice fairly substantial tweaks. The past upgrade weeks have always proved popular.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Gah, they better do the upgrades this week. Got about 20k charms waiting for that Summoning filter thingy. :(

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I'm a big fan of graphical updates but why does JaGex update the free world areas so frequently? Lumbridge has been done about 9001 times and the rest of the free map seems to take priority with graphical updates. Not really complaining here, just wondering why areas that already look fine keep getting tweaked when other areas that could really be amazing remain untouched.

inb4: makin dat paper

4e0Vn.png

I'm a big fan of graphical updates but why does JaGex update the free world areas so frequently? Lumbridge has been done about 9001 times and the rest of the free map seems to take priority with graphical updates. Not really complaining here, just wondering why areas that already look fine keep getting tweaked when other areas that could really be amazing remain untouched.

I think you get it. Really, I've often said the same thing - Upgrading F2P areas almost exclusively is pretty much just lying to potential members. Because, of course, the awesome increase in areas from F2P->P2P is a lot less impressive when they find out those areas look like [cabbage]/use game mechanics that are outdated by years. But what does JaG care if they've already signed, right?

Usually not this negative lol...

On the "Death Hats":

Maybe if one of the evolutions resembles the Ranger Helmet from FNV or Helghasts I'll become a pro PKer. It could happen...

2dgucz6.png

I think the thing is:

They keep trying to graphically upgrade, but the engine abilities in terms of landscape and npcs lately keeps improving substantially before they finish the project so they end up restarting.

We are lowly getting there thou, most new areas are up to par and the rest is slowly getting there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think you get it. Really, I've often said the same thing - Upgrading F2P areas almost exclusively is pretty much just lying to potential members. Because, of course, the awesome increase in areas from F2P->P2P is a lot less impressive when they find out those areas look like [cabbage]/use game mechanics that are outdated by years. But what does JaG care if they've already signed, right?

Usually not this negative lol...

On the "Death Hats":

Maybe if one of the evolutions resembles the Ranger Helmet from FNV or Helghasts I'll become a pro PKer. It could happen...

Not to mention a lot of the free updates have been getting pulled lately.

Dropping stuff from the bank? Revoked. Those small jobs in Lumbridge? That was wasted development time. Tutors that were put in and quickly removed. Tournaments. Bounty Hunter, etc.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The reason Lumbridge gets a make over so often is that its the first area of the game any new player will see. Similar for the rest of the f2p area, most new players will spend a lot of their time running around and Jagex want them to keep playing. They are after all a business. Every so often they'll redo a members area like Zanaris or the upcoming Fremmenik update but there's no point in redoing mostly members area if the f2p looks crap and no one becomes a member. If the game doesn't look aesthetically competent compared to other modern games, most new players wont give it the time of day.

They do a pretty good job with the member areas updates and I agree that some of them will be amazing when there done. I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait as a paying member so they can draw in only potential paying customers.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

The reason Lumbridge gets a make over so often is that its the first area of the game any new player will see. Similar for the rest of the f2p area, most new players will spend a lot of their time running around and Jagex want them to keep playing. They are after all a business. Every so often they'll redo a members area like Zanaris or the upcoming Fremmenik update but there's no point in redoing mostly members area if the f2p looks crap and no one becomes a member. If the game doesn't look aesthetically competent compared to other modern games, most new players wont give it the time of day.

They do a pretty good job with the member areas updates and I agree that some of them will be amazing when there done. I'm disappointed that I'll have to wait as a paying member so they can draw in only potential paying customers.

f2p already looks good though. This just tells me that they have no faith in their product and don't think that the content will keep people playing.

4e0Vn.png

Maybe if one of the evolutions resembles the Ranger Helmet from FNV or Helghasts I'll become a pro PKer farm Wilderness kills with friends. It could happen...

Fixed :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Facebook teasers up 20 mins ago, looks like draynor update.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

New Draynor reminds me of Canifis. :-k

I got that feeling too, I've never pictured Draynor so dark.

But still, looks good. Upgrade weeks are always fun.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The Count does come from that region of Gielinor. Maybe he took the style with him? Besides, it should be gloomy and ominous, it's a forsaken area for Guthix' sake.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

RS Facebook:

230870_10150267773821729_59261801728_8759544_7229224_n.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Well, it is lorded over by a Vampire.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...