Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

So, where's my BTS? Is it delayed because of Kate? They already have infinite money because they are son of a king. And now they steal my BTS? :F

No it's delayed because it's May Day bank holiday weekend in the UK, will probably be out later today.

UK been like bank holiday central lately:

Good Friday

Easter Monday

Royal Wedding

May Day

Dat 11 day holiday. Personally enjoyed having my dad take 5 days for the price of 11 last week whilst I was home from uni :thumbup:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

So classic cape has been confirmed to be useable by anyone who's ever accessed rsc ever. Loses its prestige, but oh well.

That's [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed]ed, but what can you expect with Jagex?

td2sig.jpg

RSC Cape looks cool (with a nice emote too) at least. It would be cool if it were more exclusive, but players who could never get it would rant to no end. I think it was a fair compromise on Jagex's behalf.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

RSC Cape looks cool (with a nice emote too) at least. It would be cool if it were more exclusive, but players who could never get it would rant to no end. I think it was a fair compromise on Jagex's behalf.

I don't understand the mentality of this.

Why should something be super exclusive - why can't we just enjoy a cape even if it's not super exclusive?

It's not like the stats of the items decrease if tons of other people have it?

I'm a little confused by this all.

I'm really interested in seeing the stats of some of these capes - and I do think that it's a nice touch to the game.

It's not like Jagex can really keep unloading new weapons/armor all the time - so update something that doesn't have too much variety to it i.e capes.

capt%20kevin.png

I don't understand the mentality of this.

Why should something be super exclusive - why can't we just enjoy a cape even if it's not super exclusive?

It's not like the stats of the items decrease if tons of other people have it?

I'm a little confused by this all.

I'm really interested in seeing the stats of some of these capes - and I do think that it's a nice touch to the game.

It's not like Jagex can really keep unloading new weapons/armor all the time - so update something that doesn't have too much variety to it i.e capes.

I don't really care about the stats, to be honest. I don't understand why anyone would think there would be stats on the RSC cape actually. It's meant to represent the fact that you played RSC, not be better than or close to being equal to a Skillcape, Firecape, or Soul Wars Cape. On that note, it should be representing original RSC players (regardless of if they logged in during the 6 month period or whatever) from before the close in August 2005, not players who joined in 2008 that logged into RSC once. It shouldn't be exclusive in the sense of "OMG only I should be able to have this!@!" but rather it should be exclusive to those who, you know, actually played the game.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

What about someone who created their account in classic in didn't really play until after RS2 came out? Should they get it too then as they didn't "play" RSC? While it would be nice if the cape was a bit more exclusive I guess the 10 year cape will fill that role pretty well.

It's meant to represent the fact that you played RSC, not be better than or close to being equal to a Skillcape, Firecape, or Soul Wars Cape. On that note, it should be representing original RSC players (regardless of if they logged in during the 6 month period or whatever) from before the close in August 2005, not players who joined in 2008 that logged into RSC once. It shouldn't be exclusive in the sense of "OMG only I should be able to have this!@!" but rather it should be exclusive to those who, you know, actually played the game.

I tried Classic before it got closed, but not in the "closing period" when they locked it in August because I wasn't a RS Member back then. Since they unlocked it again, I've played on and off ever since. I don't see why someone who quit long ago and will never touch RSC again (or even RS for that matter) should get it, but I shouldn't even though I play it on and off.

I think the cape should be for people who visit RSC regularly.

What about someone who created their account in classic in didn't really play until after RS2 came out? Should they get it too then as they didn't "play" RSC? While it would be nice if the cape was a bit more exclusive I guess the 10 year cape will fill that role pretty well.

The cape should really represent what it was brought out for- the people who played rsc when it was the main game. Thus, it's a huge insult to those people that players who have no idea about rsc but could login once in 08 would also get the honor. Kindof defeats the purpose of the cape, really. One way i think they could fix it is having your rsc skill total on the cape, as that is still one thing some of us can be proud of.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The cape should really represent what it was brought out for- the people who played rsc when it was the main game. Thus, it's a huge insult to those people that players who have no idea about rsc but could login once in 08 would also get the honor. Kindof defeats the purpose of the cape, really. One way i think they could fix it is having your rsc skill total on the cape, as that is still one thing some of us can be proud of.

That wouldn't really fix it for everyone, though. Many characters had their stats wiped due to a bug in reinstating their RSC accounts. Das1330 was one of those players, and he was a well-known classic player.

They basically can't fix it because they screwed it up when they re-opened classic.

hzvjpwS.gif

That would be a neat idea. I'll admit though, mine wouldn't be all too impressive what with me being a young child during RSC and having no clue about efficiency. It would still be a nice way to show who was actually around for RSC, and who just logged in once and was like "lol, no knees, i'm goin back to RS2".

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

That wouldn't really fix it for everyone, though. Many characters had their stats wiped due to a bug in reinstating their RSC accounts. Das1330 was one of those players, and he was a well-known classic player.

They basically can't fix it because they screwed it up when they re-opened classic.

It's everyones own fault for letting their rsc character go- i've actually made an effort to keep mine from being deleted with logging in every ~3 months. The total level on the cape would actually show that commitment, while determining who really played rsc and who didn't.

It's everyones own fault for letting their rsc character go- i've actually made an effort to keep mine from being deleted with logging in every ~3 months. The total level on the cape would actually show that commitment, while determining who really played rsc and who didn't.

If the cape shows who has played and cared about the game since classic then saying "Well some of you can have it, but some of you can't because you were focusing on the new version and not the old, so there!"

That seems contradictory to me, not to mention unfair.

hzvjpwS.gif

If you're going to base the enjoyment of your own experiences on how much other people don't care about them, you're not going to last very long on this planet.

I'm still confused as to why they needed to make both that cape and a veteran cape

8f14270694.jpg

I'm still confused as to why they needed to make both that cape and a veteran cape

Probably because it has been 10 years since Runescape's release and then 7 years since RS2 was released and they show no sign of stopping within the next 5 years. A person might not have played during classic yet playing a game for 6 years is still pretty impressive. (Or depressing, depending on your outlook...)

hzvjpwS.gif

If you're going to base the enjoyment of your own experiences on how much other people don't care about them, you're not going to last very long on this planet.

I will not wear the classic cape as it doesn't show anything about my character.

I would wear the 10 year veterans cape as that one does show something about my character.

See the difference? The rsc cape will be worthless as it's just a cape for people who cared enough to log in during the reopening. If it were just for people who logged in while rsc was the main game, having one would be an achievement. Why do we all(and i think it's a fair assumption) think cooking/fletching capes are worthless and rc cape is really special? yeah....

I agree that jagex has not dealt with the database of rsc characters well, but it really wasn't hard for anyone who cared about their character to log in enough to keep it from being deleted.

Will you need to complete all champion challenges for completionist cape?

Considering all the other requirements, it would be silly to leave this out imo.

Damn 120 dung req, otherwise I would make that cape my new goal in RS. :razz:

You need it for the trimmed version.

According to rs wiki the cape has a non-trimmed and a trimmed version, is this true or just people posting nonsence?

this is what it says:

"The Completionist Cape was first mentioned in the Capes of Distinction Developers' Blog. The non-trimmed cape will only be worn by players who have:

All skill levels at maximum (120 Dungeoneering and 99 in all other skills.)

All quests complete

All tasks complete

All magic spells unlocked (Spells from Livid Farm, Mage Training Arena, and the Mage Arena)

All prayers unlocked (Prayer from Dungeoneering and Camelot training room)

All Varrock museum Kudos

Miniquests:

Abyss

Ghostly robes

Shadow sword

Goblin High Priest

The Lair of Tarn Razorlor

Returning Clarence

Stronghold of Player Safety

Stronghold of security

To wear the trimmed completionist cape you will need the following in addition to the previous:

4,000 Chompy kills.

Scabarite research complete.

Highest rune shop unlocked from Ali Morrisane.

All hot-air balloon travel routes unlocked.

Eagle transport routes fully unlocked.

All Smoking Kills sub-bosses unlocked.

Unlock ability to craft all Slayer items and to deliver killing blows quicker.

Master White Knight rank obtained.

Flying broomstick unlocked.

Found all hidden treasure from Making History.

Achieve 1250+ Conquest rank.

Unlocked the full power of the Ivandis flail.

Played 5,000 games of Castle Wars.

Unlocked maximum access to Mobilising Armies rewards.

Defeated all champions.

Achieve maximum rank in each Barbarian Assault role.

Complete all Court Cases.

Complete 25 chimp ice deliveries.

Find all barbarian notes in the Ancient Cavern.

Unlock all rewards from the Artisans Workshop.

Obtain all circus clothing.

Complete the Dahmaroc statue in your player-owned house.

Unlock the 'scroll of cleansing' ability."

QFC: 17-18-582-62744520

good thing I got that conquest rank back when it was easier

have fun cannoning all those black knights in the dungeon

(oh, and that poh statue, but that's just a small detail amirite)

8f14270694.jpg

Killing the elite black knights under black knights castle counts as 10 kills each.

I would say the hardest/longest is the Dahmaroc statue, 5k castle wars games, 4k chompy kills and all kill all champions. (For the trim)

Killing the elite black knights under black knights castle counts as 10 kills each.

I would say the hardest/longest is the Dahmaroc statue, 5k castle wars games, 4k chompy kills and all kill all champions. (For the trim)

Dahmaroc only takes 1-2hours a week for 30 weeks so not a huge amount of actual play time; but fair bit of effort.

4k Chompy kill doesn't take that long as they r fairly fast to kill; I'd say maybe a week tops.

Castlewars and Champions though OUCH.

Castlewars will be like 80 odd days of solid playtime.

Champion scrolls god knows how long, most people I know have never even had 1 let alone them all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dahmaroc only takes 1-2hours a week for 30 weeks so not a huge amount of actual play time; but fair bit of effort.

4k Chompy kill doesn't take that long as they r fairly fast to kill; I'd say maybe a week tops.

Castlewars and Champions though OUCH.

Castlewars will be like 80 odd days of solid playtime.

Champion scrolls god knows how long, most people I know have never even had 1 let alone them all.

I agree with what you've said except for Champ Scrolls. They're actually a little similar to Chompies... You can start and stop killing whatever it is whenever you want, and then it's down to luck really.

Those that I've talked to that actively go/went for them have told me (and my personal experience agrees) a few of the scrolls dropped remarkably easily for them.

Really, it boils down to logging in to kill a few monsters (and maybe getting lucky!) and deciding to do something else or being stuck in CW for 20 minute segments.

I'd like to say also that Champion Scrolls have been around for a very long time while the Castle Wars rewards update is quite a bit newer... A full set of Intricate armor sounds far better than a 5k games cape.

I realize that a few Champ Scrolls were added recently as well, but comparing the amount of time added for 3 new scrolls versus several thousand games (a set of T3 lime/black armor as a predecessor of max reward VS 5k cape) is outrageous...

2dgucz6.png

4k chompy kills does NOT take a week. The kills are not fast and it's very tedious. It'll take several months of pure chompy killing to get it.

I'm pretty sure that I can manage 80 kills an hour.

Still comes to 50 hours, which is really not a joke.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

4k chompy kills does NOT take a week. The kills are not fast and it's very tedious. It'll take several months of pure chompy killing to get it.

I'm pretty sure that I can manage 80 kills an hour.

Still comes to 50 hours, which is really not a joke.

Actually, if you completely ignore meat, the killrates hit 120-150 an hour.

This coming from an Expert Dragon Archer.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?