Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

As long as the 5yr has pretty good stats I can live with the fuglyness

I'd be surprised if the stats are in any way better to what we currently have access to.

I'd be more inclined to think that the capes will have no stats at all, like clan capes.

They're aesthetic items, surely. Jagex are not likely to hand out Chaotic capes to people who have played for a few years.

The Max cape and completionist (99 and, and the second being 99 all and 120 dungeoneering) will have the best stats in the game and will be future proofed, 5 year vet I can see not having much stats tho.. but the max one.. wont be beaten.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

The Max cape and completionist (99 and, and the second being 99 all and 120 dungeoneering) will have the best stats in the game and will be future proofed, 5 year vet I can see not having much stats tho.. but the max one.. wont be beaten.

I'm really curious to know what the stats are.

Ardougne cape abilities are pretty much confirmed.

I'd say fire cape and soul wars cape are fair game.

What does that leave?

Ava's alerter (+5 ranged, ammo retrieval)

God Magic Capes (+10 magic, bonus to god spells)

Maybe these two, because they're poosssibly required to get the completionist cape?

Spottier Cape? Would be interesting.

Spirit Cloak? Would be pretty OP, and it's not like you NEED to buy a spirit cloak for completionist.

And the rest of cape slot items are pretty much just random stuff like HAM cloaks and what not.

Naaxi.png

I'm really curious to know what the stats are.

Ardougne cape abilities are pretty much confirmed.

I'd say fire cape and soul wars cape are fair game.

What does that leave?

Ava's alerter (+5 ranged, ammo retrieval)

God Magic Capes (+10 magic, bonus to god spells)

Maybe these two, because they're poosssibly required to get the completionist cape?

Spottier Cape? Would be interesting.

Spirit Cloak? Would be pretty OP, and it's not like you NEED to buy a spirit cloak for completionist.

And the rest of cape slot items are pretty much just random stuff like HAM cloaks and what not.

A few quotes from Mod Chris L from the HLF

A fair point. I was playing it safe(ish!) with the statistics of the cape, but after a few feedback and improvements the stats surpass all other capes with the end point of it will also be future-proof.

@GM:

I've definitely remembered that, and the completionist cape does the bonus damage vs ice strykewyrms.

@Dardan:

I can't get into how much it'll cost, but I'd avoid dying!

@Im Karn:

I spoke to balancing about this and we talked over the difference in what we are asking players to do for these capes and how that +effort should reflect in the statistical improvement - to summarise

-Get one 99 = Skillcape with stats.

-Get 2 99's = Not too much on the above, so the trimmed capes get a little buff.

-----NEW capes-----

-Get all 99's Quite a jump in what we are asking from the "last stage", so expect a larger jump in the stats

-Get all 99's+120+other things - Again, a fair ask, so increase in stats again.

@Neo, I was happy to get involved in this one and I remember watching the video with you at Runefest... I'm not "designing" the emote as that will ultimately be GFX's job. However I've got a meeting later today with them especially for the emotes so I can give an idea of how epic we need them. I actually wrote in my asset list this morning (a list of GFX requirements on a project), for the "Completionist cape emote":

"Brief description: Should be the best looking emote in the game. Ever."

The Completionist cape: Currently this has all functionality of the elite ardougne cloak, however I'll also work to allow access to the guilds above and act as an accumulator for arrows.

^replys from 6th of april so it'll have more functionality than the ardy elite now.

Are you actually saying that if they added the <Spirit Cape> ability to a cape requiring 99 in all stats, 120 dungeoneering, all quests, all tasks, all hidden content that already gives the bonuses of all the best capes combined, it would be "overpowered"?

Regardless if you need to buy it or not.

I like it, except... you know... the bottom pattern/design, the neck trim and the hood lines.

Unless it has stats, it's not gonna leave my bank seeing as there are a lot more people that has been playing for 5 years then people with trimmed slayer cape.

On the subject of the completionist (or whatever) cape, this is the time to thank my weird urges to "complete" the game's all miniquests/minigames. Like burning vyrewatch, choc ice and livid farm.

I'm thinking the one in the museum is the full hard-on completionist cape

and

the one above is the 99s cape.

The one above doesn't look much different except that it has fewer details...

2dgucz6.png

Small question on the classic cape.

Some time ago, Jagex opened up registration to classic. I made an account on rsc with my login name (Krampell, display name Ts Krampell), I played a few minutes (It sucks >_>) and then logged out.

I recently logged into it again today and played a little on it (logged out shortly after (still weird game)). Does that mean that I'll be getting the Rs Classic cape when it comes out?

Some time ago, Jagex opened up registration to classic. I made an account on rsc with my login name (Krampell, display name Ts Krampell), I played a few minutes (It sucks >_>) and then logged out.

I recently logged into it again today and played a little on it (logged out shortly after (still weird game)). Does that mean that I'll be getting the Rs Classic cape when it comes out?

Yes.

I wonder which one is which? (The blue cape and the pink one.)

Pink one in Museum is 120 + 99 all, red one I'd say is maxed cape /99 all inc 99 dg (same shape and more detailed).

Blue one might be 90 all cape? not forgetting theres a milestone cape, probably 70-80-90 all, different colours possibly.

Darn still 10 levels away from all skills level 80+, then again I probably wont wear the capes much unless their stats beat Fire Cape/SW Cape (which is unlikely). Wonder if you will be able to chose the colour of any of the capes...

Same. But there's no way I'm going off to get 7 Runecraft levels any time soon. Hunter, I could probably endure the three I need.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The completionist cape should represent achievements on runescape not symbolize gay pride.

I'll have to thank the morons on hlf for ruining it. :thumbdown:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The completionist cape should represent achievements on runescape not symbolize gay pride.

I'll have to thank the morons on hlf for ruining it. :thumbdown:

I really like it? I voted against pink.

Yes, but tbh you shouldn't.

Only people who actually played classic, when classic was the only game, should get the cape.

6fcc8f4a14.png

BleachBaboosmall.jpg

Yes, but tbh you shouldn't.

Only people who actually played classic, when classic was the only game, should get the cape.

I actually agree with you. A cheap way to get it, because I only visited classic because you could. Never really wanted to play it.

But oh well...