f2pers/former members: 5 things you'd like added to f2p?

ixfd64

I wouldnt mind more bank space and to have access to the treasure trails, but what im craving for is a way to change my default cloth. The makeover mage can only change gender and skin colour and the barber my hair. Im stuck with the cloth i chose when I started. Im looking like a tramp but aint anymore

Talk to the lady in the Varrok clothes shop. She'll hook you up.

Just tell her Doc sent you. 8)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if Jagex moved some of the less popular member features into F2P... and give F2P a bit more of a taste of the kind of world members is really like:

1: Burthorpe Games Room - Really, there is rarely anyone in there. They have like 30-40 tables but the most I've ever seen used are 3... though hold off on the bar, those drinks are like f2p potions. This would offer a some competition like play without having to resort to wilderness, and members wouldn't lose their prized castle wars. (On a side note, Castle wars really should color code player names or something. And even if it went f2p, it just wouldnt be the same without ancient magics)

2: More multicombat areas that are not in wilderness and would actually be decent places to train. When I joined members, it was like my first time of ever playing in a multi-combat area (RS2-wise, since I remember when every weak meleer would complain about the mages and rangers stealing 'their kills' :roll: ) Monsters where players could team against, without the very nice rewards compared to their member counterparts, would be fun. Tzhaar city was a nice model of that, since anyone under 100 or lacking a set of guthans would just find the place a major money drain unless they grouped.

3: Wilderness Capes

4: Give f2p those tedious low level quests. Like am I the only one who hated the sheep herder quest? And the observatory... walk-fest...

5: Let f2p's fletch bronze arrows, make bronze arrow heads, cut up logs. When I had members, I just wish I could find some low level player to buy arrow shafts off of... they are easy to make for someone who really has NOTHING better to do.

1. Bank space

2. Quests

3. Items

4. Areas

5. Doubtful it would happen...but dare I say...a new skill? (at least ONE?)

My membership ended a year ago (a little over a year), and F2P is simply tedious to me now. I've got the bad habit of comparing F2P against P2P...

...and I've the bad habit of holding on to my member items (with the hope I'll become a member again!), which doesn't help the bank space issue...

I think less people will become members once they endure, frankly, the neglect F2Pers go through..

sig2.gif

this is the 5 things i want to see added to f2p

1. more bank space!!! im tired of having to alch stuff to make more room...

2. team capes in the wildy...yes people do pk on f2p but it should be made a lot better.

3. some new higher lvl monsters. lesser and greater demons are all well and good but they get far too crowded.

4. more friends space for f2p lol. this goes back to my earlier point about pking you need more space for a clan and friends.

5. f2p high scores!!! if you dont have any members lvls you should be on the f2p high scores. this means people who put a lot of time and effort in on the ol' f2p get some credit...i wonder who f2ps version of zezima is? ive heard its mendark 9 and ive seen him in fally but is there anyone higher? who knows till we get f2p high scores eh?

now this is a list of things that i would like to see in f2p but at the same time i know that jagex want people to be members they put in a lot of hard work and effort into rs so people become members so making f2p as amazing as members would be a silly thing for them to do. but i think the 5 things ive listed would encourage more people to join members as they would have a better idea of what there is in members.

also it means people who cant afford to play members but love rs all the same arent penalized for not having supportive jobs or parents that pay for members lol.

im getting members in june and i cant wait to get off f2p...although i love rs f2p is a hassle. i dont want to see it get easier but some well thought out improvements would mean that it stays a challenge but people can have a lot more fun.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT

1. Colored boots (the canafis ones)

2. Wildy capes

3. Full guilded armor

4. Teleblock

5. Halberds up to rune

I tried to be realistic and not too greedy unlike some people in this thread :roll:

1. Better mage armour

2. A new quest for the "better" f2p's

3. Green drags (and of course the dragon bones and ability to make your own green d hide)

4. Coloured boots and wildy capes

5. Halberds up to rune!

6. (Is this allowed) A LITTLE more bank space, maybe 8 slots? (sorry, had to say this)

8)

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

1 more areas with restrictive access

2 fletching-actually b able to use wc for somethin

3 members guilds-helps build skills easier

4 range-green dhide with maple bow is crap

5 mosters-in f2p u have 36 white knights 57 ice warriors 53 ice giants and 82 lessers i think a couple more higher leveled monsters would b nice

phat_eddie.png

1. GREEN DRAGONS!!!!! i mean come on, there in what? f2p wildy zone right? they dont drop d hide but they do drop bones.

2. Bank space

3. Bank space

4. Bank space

5. Bank space

its so hard to fit all my armor and stuff with such tiny room.

Definetely bank space. Castle Wars would be awesome, but bank space would be HEAVEN! I miss having tons of space and being a packrat. : P

Wouldn't it be great if Jagex were to make Castle Wars f2p for, like, a month? Think of it as an advertising strategy. Think also of the benefits for Jagex of all the people who would be hooked on it and then go to members when it went back to f2p...

Won't happen, but it would be nice...

Castlewars could be done. I originally dismissed it out of hand, but if you made it F2P accessible only by duelling ring (which you would then have to make F2P) and locked the door to the castlewars arena on F2P servers so that vast swathes of members territory were not accessible you'd be on a winner.

siganizq4.gif

1: Bank space

2: Ability to use Yew bows (not rune arrows tho)

3: Ability to use the Snare (10 second bind?)

4: Mage robe bottoms

5: Ability to craft Chaos runes

not too much to ask, but it would certainly level the pk playing field

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

1. Bank Space

2. A minigame

3. SPecial attack weapon

4. Better prayer exp gaining method

5. Quest/Mini-Quest

I hate when you only need one space left in you r bank but it's full... then you 've gotto get rid of something.

I really want to play a mini-game...

SPecial attacks would be fun.

There must be another way similiar to the ectofunctus to gain prayer exp.

I'd like a mini quest like the ghostly robe or treasure trail.

electrofrog6ck.jpg

fotwunderbanner2zg4.png

ok, since my reasonable wishlist was too reasonable, heres my not so reasonable version:

•  
    1) castle wars, plus duelling ring tele.

2) more mage gear (ie mage armour). those robes get old.

3) a quest aimed at mid-high leveled f2pers.

4) a high leveled monster (such as a dragon) in a non-wildy area. possibly with its own new dungeon...

5) basic potions that are usable in f2p (ie basic att/def/str pots, weapon poison and anti-poison).

Stallion4589.png

• 4 weeks later...