Post your Manage thy Kingdom results.

moocow1337

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like an interesting way to invest money.

Once I get members back, I'll put 7.5m in that and see what happens over the course of 20-30 days, with 100% maple 50% flax.

How much profit is it a week? Some people earlier said that it's 1.3m profit a week, not enough to be worth the trouble to me. But it can be interesting if it happens to be more.

2480+ total

It seems like an interesting way to invest money.

Once I get members back, I'll put 7.5m in that and see what happens over the course of 20-30 days, with 100% maple 50% flax.

How much profit is it a week? Some people earlier said that it's 1.3m profit a week, not enough to be worth the trouble to me. But it can be interesting if it happens to be more.

Well you can calculate it..

Every week you'll get 6.2k maples and 4.3k flax, totalling 1050k if you sell the raw materials. But you'll also get 62 birds nests so your profits will vary. In profit, you would get 1050 - 525 = 525k per week.

If you spun the flax, you would get 1480k per week, subracting workers cost so then around 955k per week.

(Calculations used Maples = 100 ea = Flax , Bow Strings = 200 each)

There's really no trouble to go through for this if you have the money to spare. Just visit every day to keep your favor up, and you're set.

icecube7.jpeg

I just started this Kingdom deal a week ago. I had one quick question.

I check mine every 2 days, should I wait longer to check it and if so why?

I know silly question. :oops: I guess what I am trying to ask is, am I losing

anything by checking it to soon. I'm a newb at this . :wink:

queenvalerie.png

If you meant collecting the resources once per two days then it isn't neccessary. However, it's a good practice to return back to the kingdom to get approval back to 100% though the rating is probably going to drop to only like 99% in 2 days or something.

k well sure i like the idea of the pure ess idea for mtk but all the resources have a bonus reward like maples u get nest ect what would u get wit rune ess ?
Not every resource must come with a bonus. Look at eceteria resources, both of them don't have bonuses. Likewise, pure ess can do without bonuses :wink:

Well, I've spent about 9 million so far at MTK and recorded the results. In addition, I've got 3.5 million just waiting to be harvested within the next week. I'd wager I've made over 20 million gp from this update.

What's really cool is the market did not get flooded. Maples, flax, coal and herbs are still pretty steady in prices.

Anyway, I'll post my pics later. Here's a suggestion I made in the Official Forums High Level Content Sticky about MTK.

~~Manage Thy Kingdom Additions~~

First, Manage Thy Kingdom was an outstanding update when they altered it. I've not heard many complaints (actually, no complaints) about this mini-game.

Some high level changes to the MTK (goes on theory cost of item is 40% common player prices)

1. Completing Lunar Diplomacy unlocks Pure Essence mining option for MTK. Get 1 pure essence per 40 gp paid to workers.

2. Farming selection removes seeds that can be bought at stores (similar to how herbs won't give Guam or Marrentil). Also, like exotic woods and herbs/flax, give a split decision so you get "allotment seeds", "fruit/tree seeds", "bush/barley seeds". This option occurs when you win Fairy Tale part III (or the part the farmer gives you an award). Cost per seed I think should equate to 4 gp per experience point a seed ulitmately gives you (planting and harvesting average).

3. Cow pasture addition that collects tanned or untanned hides (everyone will pick tanned, duh). Cost is 40 gp per hide (I think hides sell for 100 each in bulk).

4. Exotic wood allows you to get your logs back planked. Apply a 60% rule so add 300 gp to plank each teak log and 900 gp to plank each mohagany log. I think a quest requirement can unlock this.

5. Give option on Fishing workers to gather seaweed. One seaweed per 200 gp (seaweed sells for 500 on market).

My logic is that MTK despite outstanding rewards has not flooded the market and lowered prices. However, as players only bother with Herbs, Flax, Coal and Maples sooner or later we could experience a crash. I think adding resource spots spreads out who is spending cash on what, and encourages players to use resources themselves instead of selling them.

Hope it's appreciated by content development.

Any feedback on these or maybe additions? I'm really happy about the high level sticky in suggestions. You get feedback from the Jagex Mod and if he's to be believed, Content Development likes alot of the ideas coming from it.

I really wish they put a way to get iron for MTK. :( They could probably put in an extra option for them to mine only iron or steel combination ( 1 iron per 2 coal)

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

If you meant collecting the resources once per two days then it isn't neccessary. However, it's a good practice to return back to the kingdom to get approval back to 100% though the rating is probably going to drop to only like 99% in 2 days or something

Yes, I meant collecting the resources once per two days. :oops: Thank you for the answer. The rating did drop to 99% in 2 days also.

queenvalerie.png

A better reason to wait longer between collections is that some bonuses (like nests or gems etc) only come after a certain number of raw material, which is made after say 2.3 days. So you need to wait, in this case 3 days for 1 bonus item, or 5 days for 2 bonus items.

So the longer you leave it, the more likely you are to get the bonus items.

Hope I explained that clearly enough.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

I have completed Lunar Diplomacy and I check my kingdom. There seems to be no way to let your workers gather essence. Show me where to put your workers on essence via a picture PM please as I am managing thy kingdom at the moment and I don't want to change it.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

there is currently no way to mine ess - the above was a suggestion put to jagex via forums etc for possible update

Which is doubt is gonna happen.

Because that would make runecrafting too easy. Furthermore there is no magician on the island that can teleport you there, so there isn't a way to get there.

I believe the Lunar and Mischellina are two different islands.

This is just my suspicion, I know there is chance I'm wrong, I just doubt these two islands are the same.

You can prove me wrong, I haven't finished the Lunar quest, nor started. I can't since my crafting level isn't ready yet.

This is just what I think because I read a little about the island in the RS Knowledge Database and the island didn't look anything AT ALL like the kingdom.

Like I said runecrafting would be too easy.

k well sure i like the idea of the pure ess idea for mtk but all the resources have a bonus reward like maples u get nest ect what would u get wit rune ess ?
Not every resource must come with a bonus. Look at eceteria resources, both of them don't have bonuses. Likewise, pure ess can do without bonuses :wink:

um actaully u get bird nest form treak maghiney trees and herb seeds from the seed thingy for bonues

iFishcopy-1.png

Heres another of mine sorry if its almost the same as last time but this time ive got the bird nest seeds recorded

tomrewards2wu3.jpg

1 spirit tree :P , 4 banana, 2 calquat, 1 maple, 1 palm, 3 orange, 4 willow, 1 pineapple, 2 papaya, 5 apple, 10 acorns, 2 curry, and 1 yew.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

The biggest reason to avoid collecting everyday is the rounding factor of bonuses:

Everything under the hundreds count for nothing.

So if you have 799 maples you just get 7 nest.

Therefore I think best is to wait 1 week(usually have around 6210 maples with 10 man and 612 herb with 5man). To wait more is not necessary in my opinion

DO we keep all the stuff

yes maybe read the tip it guide to learn how to do it =)

Little bit off topic, but...

I've seen many of you here stating that they keep their approvalpercentage up every day while waiting for collecting resources.

I've read various guides about the managing and have read more than once that keeping up this approval isnt necessary until the last day before collecting.

I know it is written in Nuke's guide that keeping up approval every day is important, but still (maybe some hidden update? :? ), could this be confirmed by any of you who actually tested this recently ??

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

After leaving the kingdom for 110 days (except for topping up coffer and favor):

This was the result (100% in herbs, 50% on maples):

kingdomlh4.png

The Herb seeds from left to right were :

Harralander

marrentill

tarromin

torstol (!)

guam

toad flax

kwuarm

irit

ranarr

Snapdragon (!)

i'll put up a list of seeds later.

herbs:

1170 Tarromin

702 Avantoe

414 Kwuarm

240 Lantadyme

696 Irit Leaf

984 Harralander

300 Dwarfweed

270 Cadatine

258 Ranarr weed

Result of tree seeds:

seedsks3.png

Work from top left:

Apple

Banana

Orange

Curry

Pineapple

Papaya

Pal

Acorn

Willow

Maple

Yew

Magic

calquat

Spirit

Rings

ringsdh5.png

need to work out how much i have there, but i made sure that the popularity were above 90% at all times and dishing out 75k a day. so it sums to about 8.5m spent overall

Enjoy

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

-Pic removed-

Im bored and leaving my current one in till christmas, should be fun :).

Frogmite, what were the settings for that?

By mid-september I should have finished off 99 fletching and I'll slip in a few mil to waste away at MTK. I think I should be able to have the patience to wait til my B-Day... on January 24th. I'll try to keep in touch with this thread...

WOW!!!!! my b-day on the 24th jan as well i might do that quest soon.

Homer, it's not that there's an essence teleport on your island. It's that by completing Lunar Diplomacy, your subjects are allowed on Lunar Island to mine there.

Is there a rune essence mine on lunar isle? Even so I still think another quest should be needed as I can't think of a time a reward as been added after the quest is already out

*coughdragonscimitarcough*

I'm finally getting back to my kingdom now, I had to stop after I lost some items and didn't have the extra cash until now. Hopefully I can get a big profit \'

After leaving the kingdom for 110 days (except for topping up coffer and favor):

This was the result (100% in herbs, 50% on maples):

kingdomlh4.png

The Herb seeds from left to right were :

Harralander

marrentill

tarromin

torstol (!)

guam

toad flax

kwuarm

irit

ranarr

Snapdragon (!)

i'll put up a list of seeds later.

herbs:

1170 Tarromin

702 Avantoe

414 Kwuarm

240 Lantadyme

696 Irit Leaf

984 Harralander

300 Dwarfweed

270 Cadatine

258 Ranarr weed

Result of tree seeds:

seedsks3.png

Work from top left:

Apple

Banana

Orange

Curry

Pineapple

Papaya

Pal

Acorn

Willow

Maple

Yew

Magic

calquat

Spirit

Rings

ringsdh5.png

need to work out how much i have there, but i made sure that the popularity were above 90% at all times and dishing out 75k a day. so it sums to about 8.5m spent overall

Enjoy

um just to say u kept that going 10 days u didnt need to the most cash u can speend a day is 75k so if u have 7.5mil in there thats 100 days but still very nice

iFishcopy-1.png

um just to say u kept that going 10 days u didnt need to the most cash u can speend a day is 75k so if u have 7.5mil in there thats 100 days but still very nice

It takes 10% every day. Which means if he didn't top off the coffer, the second day would've been .10(7,475,000) or 74,750gp. Given that isn't awfully much, but after 100 days, that could really add up... Give me a sec and I'll see how much he'd actually end up spending if he didn't top it off...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

chenw, you made at least your money back on the herbs alone :D profit should be easily over 5m

It takes 10% every day. Which means if he didn't top off the coffer, the second day would've been .10(7,475,000) or 74,750gp. Given that isn't awfully much, but after 100 days, that could really add up... Give me a sec and I'll see how much he'd actually end up spending if he didn't top it off...

[sorry for the punctuation, bust kb]

firstly, i think you missed off a 0 as 10 percent of 7475000 is 747500. secondly, it only takes up to 75k a day. thirdly, 75k for 100 days gives 7.5m :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Nice, chenw :shock: I wanna do that now :XD: Don't think I've gone longer than two weeks..

Blouinator - He said (or at least it sounded like he said so) that he put more money in after a while?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog