Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg isnt hunting illegal in england where jagex is lol
So is thieving. :wall:

Most of the skills in runescape would be very illegal. The basic combat system would be illegal. Fighting with swords is probably illegal. It's not legal to just go outside and start mining. Herblore is pretty illegal in most cases. Fishing's illegal unless you have a license and are fishing in a legal place. The same goes for 'ranging.' Thieving's obviously illegal. Firemaking is illegal where I live. As is woodcutting. And we're not counting the skills that don't exist either.

So now that I've just made that list...why the heck did I just make that list?

Hiding yourself, making traps, combination with crafting and smithing, new clothes, new things to cook... What's not to love? :thumbsup:

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

lol when i read this thread i see EVERYONE dissing on Farming but in reality i LOVE Farming! :3> ! :3> ! scary hun? well i think Hunting will be and ok skill i do feel it was a little fast for a new skill...and jagex isnt acting big about it yet soo... you never know! well i think ill stock up on a few things like planks, nails, ropes, vials, vials of water, tomatoes, potatoes, begles, cream cheese, a toaster, maybe even some furs?well all in all i think Hunting will be and ok skill :D [/img]

Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what your gonna get... unless your smart enough to read the back of the box...

well here are some things we know about the hunting skill

-non combat skill so no food or anything combat related involved

-the 2 new areas will be used (south of feldip hills and the other in between piscatorus fishing colony and grand tree)

-new weapons and armor and an imp box somehow related to the skill

- hunting will most likely involve tracking and trapping because in the future quest "eagle's peak" you will have to track one of Ardougne Zoo's freelance specimen hunters.(as said in the behind the scenes)

other than that we know nothing more about it so dont make assumptions on what it will be like

i am dissapointed this is not a combat skill because it would be cool to set traps in the wilderness on other players and be able to track them down, but i am very interested to see how this skill works.

omg isnt hunting illegal in england where jagex is lol
So is thieving. :wall:

and so is KOing people.. :shock:

the koing comment was dumb.

really any skills on runescape could be illegal

cutting private trees, burning houses, herblore, slayer and magic.

You are all thinking too small...

I don't think that we'll just be hunting squirrels and bears. Remember, this is Runescape. "Real" animals are only good training for people level 30 and below. Think about how many monsters we fight for parts all the time. Waterbirth Dagannoths for hides, Goraks for claws, etc. I'm not saying that those will be necessarily "huntable" monsters, but you have to keep in mind that fur and meat will probably be only one part of this skill.

Could hunting mean the randomly generated scenarios?

(see bolded type)

In the news, some years ago, Jagex said there would be many great updates for us...

Summoning spells...

More Pets and other followers...

Clan Support...

And, The one I still look forward to: "Randomly generated scenarios, where a new adventure is generated for you and your friends each time you go on it. Form an adventuring party and go on your own personal quest."

updatestocomeow8.png

All these, promised to eventually come, on 31, March 2004

The link is here:

http://news.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/w ... .ws?id=208

So, When will they come? Discuss here. :|

(Also, Wildy Tag was canceled, was it not? Just wanting to know. :wink: )

You are all thinking too small...

I don't think that we'll just be hunting squirrels and bears. Remember, this is Runescape. "Real" animals are only good training for people level 30 and below. Think about how many monsters we fight for parts all the time. Waterbirth Dagannoths for hides, Goraks for claws, etc. I'm not saying that those will be necessarily "huntable" monsters, but you have to keep in mind that fur and meat will probably be only one part of this skill.

What is the point of taking the time to hunt a dagganoth for its hide if you can just kill it? They're going to have to release something with hunting that you can't get from combat. So cross off gorak claws, wolf fur, unicorn horns, etc.

Bummer. I Love animals. I hate hunting.

Kill people not animals!

If that wasn't a joke you should apologize :shame:

~~~~~~

Anyway I love the new ''hunting'' thing sounds very interesting. We already kill animals in RS not real ones ussually but...still....Animal rights activists (ARA) can get out of hand, My advice: just leave this skill alone ARA's the skill isn't out and people already saying ''Don't kill the poor pixels zomg pl00x~!!!!!111!!!11''

:XD:

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

What is the point of taking the time to hunt a dagganoth for its hide if you can just kill it? They're going to have to release something with hunting that you can't get from combat. So cross off gorak claws, wolf fur, unicorn horns, etc.

^^ I agree, I think the only huntable animals that are currently in game are the ones without attack options :? eg. The squirrels north of falador.

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list is a non-combat skill which gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures!

So yeah, in my opinion I don't think any of the animals that you can currently attack will be huntable ;) We'll know in less than a month anyway. :P

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Has anyone thought about where its going to go in the skill menu?

:|

well it wouldnt be hard just resize the icon things for the skill also look under suggestions for other things people shown to do it..

Dr_Brinner.png

from what I've read thoughout this topic is that some people are scared the new Hunting skill will be too similar to slayer or even farming. Some are afraid this skill will be another money drain to control the economy. What I know for sure is that we will have new weapons and equipments and I certainly don't mind a boring skill to have the opportunity to have better equipments...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Sounds like it might be a bit bad... How long is it since construction? 4 months, that sounds like it's be rushed. Think of all the other updates, and they've been doing this. They have either cut corners, worked secretly on constructioon and hunting or worked hard, let's hope they aren't lazy. :P

Oh well I'm stocked up and I have a plan to get me rich (Not saying)

Right, it's not like the last few updates were complete rubbish.

... sarcasm.... sarcasm.... sarcasm....

Sounds like it might be a bit bad... How long is it since construction? 4 months, that sounds like it's be rushed. Think of all the other updates, and they've been doing this. They have either cut corners, worked secretly on constructioon and hunting or worked hard, let's hope they aren't lazy. :P

The last few updates were great. Loved the update to construction, great farming/herblore xp in the new quest with subtle humor, and a small nice halloween event to sneak a peek at the Christmas Event. So shut up, I'd like to see you make better updates.

The last few updates were great. Loved the update to construction, great farming/herblore xp in the new quest with subtle humor, and a small nice halloween event to sneak a peek at the Christmas Event. So shut up, I'd like to see you make better updates.

It would be insane to think anyone could express any opinion on this board without being flamed.

Pardon me.