Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( Love ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

Firemaking is not easy. Its rather expensive to buy, or if you go cheaper with cheaper logs, it takes even longer.

Its more admirable than fletching and cooking but its still pretty common and it is easy, i may not have it but i have considered it but i just dont like the idea of buying 90k maples and then burning away with no return but some xp and stupid cape.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( Love ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

Firemaking is not easy. Its rather expensive to buy, or if you go cheaper with cheaper logs, it takes even longer.

Its more admirable than fletching and cooking but its still pretty common and it is easy, i may not have it but i have considered it but i just dont like the idea of buying 90k maples and then burning away with no return but some xp and stupid cape.

as of august 4th, there were 3.5k 99 firemakers. that's not too common, is it?

there are many more 99 woodcutters anyway.

no-one seems to admire fishing, but they do appreciate woodcutting. if you take amounts of 99s in, there are around twice as many maxed woodcutters (minus the few high-ranked macros on each side)

Now cook and fletch is easy to get...with 'x' option... firemake is a little easy to get but can cost a lot of money. Now to me 3mill is a lot of money...i bought 3.7mill willows logs to get me from 76-99 fm i think. As of now i got 99 fm banked...easy skill to get up...but it take a lot of paticence to get it to 99 (124k willows does take a while). Id say least is cook and fletch...i see thoses cape all the time

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

im pretty sure that the least admirable, in my opinion, is cooking,theiving

and strength. Simply put, the cooking skill cape is probably one of the most common, as well as strength due to the old PC, and thieving, well, because the emote is probably the least favorite out of them all, followed by fletching then cooking, and magic due to its shortness, although having a 99 in any skill is obviously admired by any player, and especially those how spend countless hours trying to get that 99.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

The cape I don't really like is fletching it could be that i really don't like fletching that much or so many people have it, probably the first reason more then anything.

The capes I think are most honourable are slayer, prayer, runecrafting and farming.

betterwork.jpg

lordadam21.png

the least admirable cape i would have to say is hunter or wc. woodcutting is nearly three times faster to achieve than fishing, due to the fact that a shark is 110exp while a mage or yew log is around 330ea. also hunter is so easy to raise, sure it might take a while and be excruciating, but it takes no money to achieve(since its a raw material skill, but incredibly easy), or a couple mill here and there. also momeydragon already got 200m exp in it and it only took him a couple months and thats the newest skill. while it took the str,atk and def number 1's years to achieve where they are now

the most admirable is the slayer in my opinion, i have not seen a single one yet (except on forum pics) and im lvl 110 and training slayer at the moment.

there are exactly 434 slayer capes that exist compared to 1153 hunter capes and 7649 wc capes

another fact at rank 434 the herb lvl is 94 =0, there are 22673 fletching capes in game @_@@#@$

and for all of u that are thinking of how many cooking capes exist...its 23,822 cooking capes...and growing by the thousands each day @#@$%@#%^!!!!

Actually, the strength cape has the most 99's. But it requires a lot of work and cooking doesn't, so cooking is the least admirable. Luckily I have the fishing cape to go along with the cooking one.

The most admirable is slayer. Sure construction has less 99's, but that is a buying skill. Slayer is all on your own.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

Hey guys, it's me; you know.. the one who started the topic? :D

I'd like to thank everyone for keeping this thread up for nearly a year. It's awesome! I see a_local_guy on here a lot, so a special thanks to him.

It's pretty cool to see that my topic has made the front page as the hot topic. :D I'm very proud of that. Hopefully it'll draw some attention and we can get even more opinions in on this 8-month old debate.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Cooking is by far the easiest cape to get in my opnion (Yes I know I have it) and it took almost no time at all.

However for those of us who chose to train combat without the help of pc, have capes we can admire. Sure people might think you've pced it. Tell them to look at you Hitpoints experience..You then earn some respect for your cape(s).

And Slayer is by far the most admirable..I've only ever seen 3 in-game, and they were all with friends of mine. One day I hope to have that cape 8-)

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

and herblore is very diffcult to get the herbs and selling them

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

um yer, from like lvl 20 to 99 is only 3m if u use willows....

just cuz some ppl r too rich / lazy doesnt mean its an expensive skill....

houdinibird.png

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

i would really like to see you buy herblore and cons

cons easily breaks 50m

*Cough* ~120m *cough* :lol:

um yer, from like lvl 20 to 99 is only 3m if u use willows....

just cuz some ppl r too rich / lazy doesnt mean its an expensive skill....

Um in the beginning i was just saying that you can technically buy them i never said i could. Also to the above we arent talking about firemaking were talking about construction

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I know it's probably been said a lot already, but I'd put cooking at the top of my list by far, followed most likely by fletching. And, speaking from personal experience, firemaking is one of the easier skills to get to, but you either spend a good bit of money on it (around 15m from 70s to 99 for yews I think) or use cheaper logs and "spend" more time on it.

For me, the BIG difference between firemaking and cooking is that cooking is probably THE easiest skill to multi-task with, while firemaking is one of the hardest (I watched movies and such at the same time since it was boring, but you can't browse forums or anything).

Most honorable cape: Herblore/Farming/Slayer in my book, I recently make almost 3k super restores to 70 herblore, anyone who went to 99 I am impressed with. Farming takes a long time and a lot of money, or to do it cheaply makes spending money on it look fast. And slayer takes a lot of dedication, it goes up so slowly.

Now that I think of it, runecrafting is a tough cape to get too, however the monetary rewards for crafting to 99 are huge in and of themselves, unlike farming/herblore, so it ranks slightly lower.

Oh yeah, for anyone who's interested, my 99 goals (fairly long-term, I just discontinued members for college applications, etc) are ranged (also an easy one if you have 50m to spend using chinchompas - my plan once I get that much spare cash), hitpoints (from 99 ranged and then other combat - goes with my favourite outfit really well :D ), farming and herblore (Extremely long-term goals consisting of growing dwarf weeds, making ranged pots, and swapping ranged pots for zammy wines, vials, and money to buy more dwarf seeds).

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Untrimmed woodcut cape!

Wither the person has wasten incredible amount of time because of greed cutting trees (about the most boring thing there is) or has just been cutting willows all the time. Trimmed wc cape is nice tho.

Flecthing (which I must say I have stored in my POH) is now after the stringing unpate slower to train so it has become less lame. Haha to u rest. I could get 300k xp / hour to it.

loginmessagessiggy.png

Well i agree that fletching and cooking are easiest, well they cost pretty much cash, i would go for a cooking skillcape right away if i had the cash but i cant afford :S

Funniest Skillcapes

1. Slayer

Hardest Skillcapes

1. Hitpoints

2. Farming (ive never seen a farming skillcape

3. Hitpoints

4. Herblore

Expensivest Skillcapes

1. Construction

2. Magic

3. Ranged (?)

Most Boring skillcapes

1. Firemaking

2. Agility

My Fav skillcapes

1. Firemaking

2. Ranged

3. Slayer

4. Defence

smithing, at least if you don't buy the ores/bars i am currenrtly mining 211k gold ores for ir

good luck......

i personally think cooking is the worst cape (flipping a pie..wtf?)

slayer..i think is the best followed by fishing....(has nothing to do with taht there my two favourite skills XD)

mage+kid657.png

mage+kid657.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5148028#5148028

^come look at my bank sale...something for everyone^

I agree with the many people who have said that the cooking cape demands the least respect of all skill capes.

Slayer and agility are my favourites, though obviously I have neither :(

Not because of the emote, but because they are insanely hard ( as in "you'd probably give up before you're halfway" ) to get, unlike cooking, fletching, smithing, firemaking etc..

Imo, if you're wearing a cooking cape, you're just showing how much money wasted on a too common 99 (unless you fished yourself of course, but seeing as you can't see the difference..)

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

cons easily breaks 50m

Most people don't have construction or herblore capes because of the huge money loss involved. With oak planks in construction you'll loose about 90 mil to 99 (450 per oak plank) and in herblore it changes on what pot you make, but it's over 50 mil....

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

i really hate all people who spent a few weeks for a silly cooking or fletching cape. they are to easy to get and i dont see them as an archievement. theres 1 good reason to get those skills up to 99 and thats for the trim(+4 prayer bonus)

I think agility is the rarest, ive seen most of them more than once. farming once, herblore once, runecraftin once.

And its weird how rare def cape is, u dont see it alot.

I think slayer cape is the most impressive, cooking the least, fletching 2nd least, firemaking 3th least and hunting 4th least. i have no idea how to go further :-k

~getting fire cape~

~owning at slayer~

~going for iron war~

im going for my skill cape of firemaking, and its not as easy as people think :shame: , i dont buy my logs, thats why the fire making cape is along the same lines as the wc cape if you dont buy the logs :wall: (im poor so i couldn't even if i wanted too, everyone kept calling my crazy for chopping and burning maples..... :twisted: ...)

!*!~If you can read, good for you if you can also write use this as your signature~!*!