Behind the Scenes - April

Easter 2012: Evil Chicken vs Chocatrice

Rumours are rife that the Easter Bunny has met with a nasty accident, and the Evil Chicken and Chocatrice will be facing off in the most deliciously wicked Easter egg hunt ever. If youve no qualms about getting your hands greasy or chocolatey, youll be able to take charge of an Eggsterminator and eggsplode a reign of eggy terror (or batter them- fried chicken style) during the Easter period. Come out of your shell and work with your friends to hunt down Easter eggs in the name of your eggstremely evil Easter mastermind! Free players and members alike will have the chance to pick up some shame-faced eggy masks, and members can grab XP lamps and a permanent version of the Eggsterminator for performing particularly well.

Therell be plenty of community-led events based around Easter this year, so keep an eye on the news and the forums for further details.

Dungeoneering Improvements & Other Fixes

Were releasing a bunch of much-requested updates and fixes this month, most of which relate to Dungeoneering.

First up, weve added a tool belt for use in Dungeoneering. Much like its surface world counterpart, this will automatically be filled with all basic tools, as well as a novite pickaxe and hatchet. Youll also be able to add higher-level tools to your Dungeoneering tool belt when you find them, effectively allowing you to carry around the best pickaxes and hatchets you can without costing you inventory space.

Keys will be automatically shared between all party members. When any player picks up a key, everyone else in their party will have access to it through a new keys category in their Dungeoneering tool belt. Gone will be the days where a key gets lost in your teammates inventory, because as long as someones picked it up, everyone will be able to use it.

Basic resources found in Dungeoneering, such as ore, logs and raw food, will stack, meaning more capacity for the eager artisans in your party. All stackable resources, as well as coins, will also have a Drop-X option, allowing stacks to be split.

Finally, were making some other non-Dungeoneering improvements, such as allowing additional Crafting and Fishing activities the chance to drop Shattered Heart rocks, and allowing for vampyric names earned during The Branches of Darkmeyer to be changed.

Fremennik Sagas II

Well also be releasing two new, exciting Fremennik Sagas. The first carries on from where Thok and Marmaross adventures in Daemonheim left off. Thoks left his favourite sword lodged in the face of a bony bad-guy who wont stay dead. To make matters worse, hes just been challenged by Marmaros to a battle of brawn, with kill-counts the deciding factor. THOK SMASH! Step into Thoks boots and battle your way through the dungeon fists-first, meeting old friends and enemies on your quest to prove Thok the best brother. THOKTACULAR!

The second saga follows the mysterious Moia as she infiltrates Daemonheim in search of the elusive Bill. Youll use her unique powers to masquerade as dungeon denizens, from a necrolord to an honest-hearted mercenary captain, and to delve deep into the secrets of Daemonheims origins.

The Runespan

Finally, well be introducing a fun new Runecrafting training method, allowing training all the way from 1-99!

Wizard Finix has been hard at his research investigating a plane discovered by the Runecrafting Guild called the Runespan - where runes can be pulled from wild, elemental nodes, or even from the native wildlife. Youll be able to traverse the floating network of islands that make up the Runespan with magical platforms installed by Runecrafting Guild pioneers, collecting runes and helping hapless wizards whove become stuck, all for bags of Runecrafting XP.

Members have access to three separate areas within the Runespan, each aimed at an increasing level range. Free players only have access to the lower level area, but its still a great place to train up.

The Runecrafting Guild will lay claim to any runes you earn in the Runespan, but for members - theyll convert them to points which can be exchanged for some fantastic rewards. These will include a set of wicked robes, which will permanently increase the capabilities of the wicked hood when purchased; some new, magical staves; and a pouch with a huge capacity of 18 essence!

Squeal of Fortune Extra Spins

Well be adding some ways to get extra spins on Squeal of Fortune simply by playing RuneScape, including some opportunities exclusive to members. You'll be able to get them as monster drops, through non-combat skilling, through D&Ds, as quest rewards, and more!

Have fun!

Mod Mark

What is a 'Behind the Scenes' article?

Behind the scenes is a sneak peek at the planned game updates which we hope to launch in the coming month.

This is, however, only a plan, not a promise that a particular update will be released in a particular way or at a particular time. To get you the highest quality updates as quickly as possible, we usually keep on tweaking and testing right up until the moment before release, so, sometimes, things change or take a bit longer than expected. We arent afraid to change our plan if necessary, as we will never launch an update before it is ready.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keys will be automatically shared between all party members. When any player picks up a key, everyone else in their party will have access to it through a new keys category in their Dungeoneering tool belt. Gone will be the days where a key gets lost in your teammates inventory, because as long as someones picked it up, everyone will be able to use it.

Whoa.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Whoa.

This will make 10-15min larges possible and quite easy for good teams. It allows all members of the party to go full speed in every direction without having to take the time to gate every door.

Such a good bts, to bad they messed everything up with the SoF. Ugh I don't think any update could counteract the negative effect that has.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

All I read was a new way to train runecrafting.

Are they talking about the SOF extra spins for lamps?

:mrgreen:

But that pouch that holds 18 ess sounds rather nice! :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Actually, just thinking about it there, they said they're making the raw materials stackable..does that mean the exp you get for them will be reduced? If so, GF C2 fishing!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Dungeoneering I like.

Event I like.

Runecrafting I love.

SoF I- wait what? Screw this.

Still ,the dungeoneering one will also HOPEFULLY promote some higher leveled Dungeoneerists to not be total arses and help lower levels who are trying to get better, since its not as frustrating due to the new key system. (you know exactly who I'm talking to...)

Popoto.~<3

I wonder if the new RC thing is what people voted on at RuneFest (Alterless runecrafting)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Rc and Dg updates all sound nice!

Starting floors should be a bit quicker too without the added cost of tool kits AND the ability to bind higher level picks and hatchets will make them handy, me thinks I might do some high-ish solos specifically to get promethium ones (until primal ones are happened upon), stackable resources also sounds sweet definitely makes armour grabbing at lower levels easier. The key thing is epic too, no more faffing around with gateing keys and such just go, go go.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"Pre-April2012dgprod"

Man. That's...awesome. 200m here I come.

Not a fan of this squeel crap, but hey, as I said elsewhere, if youre stupid enough to buy etc etc

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

That DG update actually makes me want to DG again... Glad they decided to do an awesome update like that.

But as with every month so far this year, they've done something brilliant, amazing, game changing and awesome only to try to take it all away with something that is awful, horrible and overshadows the entire thing...

Still... Mentally blocking out the SoF microtransaction means that this month looks very awesome.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

RuneSpan: Looks useful and fun.

Dungeoneering: I don't like the skill and hate the team aspect too much. At least it'll be FAR less frustrating if I play again. Benefit to clans and to randoms because one can operate more efficiently and the latter group won't spend all day gouging each orher's throats deciding the keyer.

SoF: Ahahaha... just check my post in the other topic if you want to know my view on this.

Easter Event: Meh. I liked last year's because it didn't involve that absurd silliness. Still looks fun.

This month pretty much plays into my current goals.

Was on the fence about getting back into DG, but I'm pretty certain I will now. I'm not sure how stackable resources sound though... Maybe a little too far on that one. It sounds more like they're just dumbing it down than improving it, but I really don't care anymore.

Loved the last Thok Saga which showcased the old J humor. Looking forward to more.

Aside from that, Taskmaster is my personal endgame goal, so an RC minigame sounds great.

2dgucz6.png

Another Questless month then. Other than RuneSpan April looks pretty lacklustre to me. Although the DG fixes are good they shouldn't be an entire week of updates.

I'm pretty apathetic about SoF to be honest, I don't invest enough time in the game anymore for it to affect me. I can see why people are annoyed though.

Sylpheed.png

I don't think that Runespan is the revolutionary Runecraft training method everyone's been hearing about since RuneFest.

Other than that, good to see some much needed fixes to Dungeoneering. Should've been done months back, but you take what you can get.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Typical that they add this incredibly awesome DG update right as I'm about to get 200m. Oh well. Toolbelt sounds pretty damn awesome as well.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

1 annoyance I have with dg toolbelt: Gonna have to do a truck load of C6 abandoned floors to get primal pick and hatchet on it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue