Everything posted by Sly_Wizard
-
Wtf happened?
Off-topic, but there's one thing I really hate. In order for me to sell a party hat, I have to either: 1.) Garner billions of coins worth of junk. 2.) Trade a party hat for some other rares + cash, and then convert try to convert those rares into cash or junk. 3.) Sell on the GE. As far as I'm concerned, none of those are terribly feasible, as I don't want junk or to sell for a price that is nothing short of a steal for the one buying. I want to sell for cash. Since Jagex has the ability to fix prices on the GE, why won't they just set party hats' GE value to their street value? How hard is that? Honestly?
-
Game Update Delay
Comments like the above make me mad. How is it childish to expect someone to do what they say they're going to do? When someone says, "We're going to do <X> before the end of the month", most people expect them to do <X> before the end of the month, and when they don't, people are perfectly justified in getting upset. Really, now. Jagex should just axe BtS if they cannot get updates out at their scheduled time. That way, they don't get people's hopes up for nothing. And on a slightly unrelated note, I'm mad because Jagex royally f'ed over prices when they announced the TT update, and it's still not out.
-
Post and discuss all Jagex Twitter updates here!
This month has made me hate the fact that Jagex brought back BtS.
-
is dungeoneering really a difficult 99?
I got to 85 dungeoneering much faster then I got to 85 slayer. It's not hard at all.
-
dungeoneering bosses now teleblocked?
Haven't tried it, but don't think you've ever been able to GS out of the Icefiend. Not sure about the others, though.
-
Frost Dagon Guides
Using void range + Karil's x-bow is a waste of time and takes too long. It's better to just use a helm of Neitz + Karil's top and bottom with a rune x-bow and rune bolts. A little more expensive, but faster on the kills. And killing frost dragons with mage is a tremendous waste of time. You're better off maging abbies or something. As it is, people are still killing frosts? I figured they would have stopped since the price of bones are plummeting and don't seem to be letting up any time soon. Considering how pitiful frost dragons non-dragon bone drops are, and the fact that you need to spend prayer pots, at the very least, killing them, I really don't see people taking the time to go out of their way to kill them if their prices fall below 20K (which looks like it might happen).
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
lol sucks. I just got on today and now can't sell :'(
-
Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard calls Free Realms 'insipid'
What the hell is all this talk about "being unprofessional"? I don't know where some of you guys live or what rock you live under, but companies trash talk other companies and their products all the damn time.
-
Fastest Dungeon?
Same. Rushing seems to totally defeat the purpose of dungeoneering. I really wish Jagex would make it so that you either get penalized more for just rushing through a dungeon, or increase the experience for not rushing through a dungeon.
-
The humble cave slime...
Really, guys. No need to tear the guy down. If you don't think cave slimes are worth it, then stop responding.
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
I want to buy an arcane spirit shield, but don't know when to buy it. Anyone have any ideas at what price it might bottom out at?
-
Does your $5 loyaly membership keep you from quiting Runescape?
According to the Billing FAQ, you should get the 'Loyalty Rate' if your membership hasn't been interrupted for 2 weeks. http://www.runescape.com/c=wsuH*YJDRtc/kbase/guid/general_billing_faqs Though I guess it could depend on how you pay. Well, that's dumb. My membership has lapsed tens of times, mainly because if I'm not going to play, I'm not going to pay. But we're talking about a dollar or so a month? It's not really worth complaining over.
-
Does your $5 loyaly membership keep you from quiting Runescape?
I don't get any loyalty membership and I've been playing since 2001, and been a member since 2003. That doesn't seem fair.
-
3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion
Can you buy 3rd age melee on the GE?
-
For those with low Prayer pures.
I just tried it. They dropped bones for me.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
Judging by your dungeoneering level, I can assume you never actually been there yourself. Chaotic Rapier maxes at around 520, average hit is 260. It hits 1500 times in an hour at max efficiency. Lets assume you are operating at 80% efficiency, which is an understimate IMO, that's still 1200 hits per hour. Now lets assume that you hit 80% of the time, which is the average from my experience. That's 960 hits per hour. 960*260=249,600 damage per hour. Frost dragons have around 1600 hp each 249600/1660=156, thats 156 kills per hour WITHOUT CANNON. I think it would be safe to assume that a cannon can give you an additional 33% of the damage you are dishing out with rapier. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFr6_wWQJbQ check out that vid if you don't believe me on accuracy rates, but that guy is using super sets (don't think he's using super attack either), piety, and a anti drag shield while I'm using extremes, turmoil, and a defender. I don't have maxed stats. I don't have extremes/overloads. And I don't even have a yak. But I'm still calling you a liar. 1 hour is 3,600 seconds. Two-hundred dragons per hour is a dragon every 18 seconds. You're not getting a kill every 18 seconds, regardless of what you use. And if you say you are, tell me what world you're on so I can come watch.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
Even using a yak, I'm calling BS on the 4M profit thing.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
No sympathy for you, really. You choose to stop at 80. No one made you stop.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
Don't use overloads, as you're simply wasting money.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
As soon as I get this clue done, I'll check frost dragons out. Maybe I'll camp them for a while.
-
19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update
So... Where are new dragons?
-
Strength is highly overvalued
Melee is overrated. It's, coincidentally enough, over-updated.
-
EA/Activision Told Jagex To [bleep] Off
I'm pretty sure that if EA had published Runescape, it wouldn't exist today. Outside of sports games, EA has a knack for totally [bleep]'ing up projects they take on.
-
Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword
And I totally hope aforementioned dragons have ridiculously high melee defense for this reason.
-
Old School! Post Your Pictures!
I wish I still had my picture of me hitting a 120 on river troll the day special attacks came out.