Have you ever done something stupid that almost got you kill

O_M_G_Guasto

I once used the map on Tip.it to do the Contact! quest. Something was odd though... Then I hit an invisible floor trap! But I should't have, based on the map! I was flippant. Here I was, effortlessly anhiliated in the Contact! Death Basement, and all because Tip.it's map was wrong! I was about to give them a piece of my mind!!

And then I noticed. My mini-map was pointed south.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Lost full rune, some p pots. and other various items.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost died:

Blue drags- forgot shield and food ..... :wall:

(in rl)- after i completed the puzzel in monkey madness to get to the island i nearly had a heartattack it took me 3 hours to do it

Died:

Regretably on the first day i played i was fighitn in the cow pen near lumby

I was training on cow clafs because i couldnt for the life of me get the courage to attack a full cow.

Well after a while i figured i could do it and i attacked it not n=knowing that i could use food ..... i died is what im trying to say ( i had 2 out of 11 hp when i attacked it )

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I ran through black drags in taverly dungeon, intending to go up the ladder and talk to some of the catherby fishers. Black drag hit me and put me down to 2hp, I go up the ladder practically red barred and start joking around with the fishermen about how I nearly died, when a swarm pops up on that wee little island (d'oh!)

Luckily I got it stuck behind a rock, and got to wait for half an hour to regen HP to run back out (didn't bring a teleport, and this was before home tele).

rofl, pwnt nub :XD: i guess you learned your lesson =P

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

lets cut long story short

new rnagers - tzhaar - move out of safespot while hallying - connection lost- log back in with 2hp

had rangers full rune rune hally ring of wealth glory and d long and obby shield o.o

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

My story: I was once on a slayer task to kill lesser demons and went under Karamja, and my world was crowded to switch to the lowest world, only I wasn't paying attention so I went to non-members. I had on a Whip, Full Dragon, Barrows Gloves, Rune Boots, Fire Cape... basically I had +0 to everything because it was an entirely members outfit. A lesser demon started to attack me as I lagged out... I couldn't think of anything I could do so I quickly x'd out... logged onto a members world with 4hp. Whats worse is I had 4 rune meds in my inventory so I wouldn't have kept any of my members stuff.

Actually you keep your members stuff if you die on a non-member server.

On topic: Don't have any, though I have almost died, but I wasn't doing anything stupid. I've gone to the KQ and my partner died, and I ran over eating as quick as I could picking up their stuff though, but that's not stupid >_<

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

when rs2 first came out, i went to the blue dragons without a shield thinking that i could pray for them. i died that time. Another time when i almost died is when i tried to solo the dag kings without even watching videos. i teled to my house with 20hp left poisioned.

I did get killed in my story.

I was doung the sir Amik Varse part of rfd, only needed to kill dragon, and decided my guthix book would be the most useful sheild (you see where this is going), so I went and fought, i'd forgotten any food, and was already low hp, and the dragons breath his me for a 42 and I die....

:wall: :wall:

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Forgot my anti-dragonfire shield at Iron Dragons... Lost black mask, rune defender, rune boots, proselyte, a glory, and a ton of potions and food. #-o

The exact same thing happened to me. I brought a defender instead of my anti-shield... Except I lost a berserker ring, as well. :cry:

td2sig.jpg

i was at black dragons, they were unaggressive. i make the mistake of not being in safe area, bury bones while still wielding d hally. get teled by leo. prevents me from re-equipping anti-drag shield. appear back in my spot right in front of again-aggressive dragon. got hit 42 with breath :ohnoes:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

On one of my earlier trips to barrows at roughly lvl 80 combat, i was fighting TORAG and ran out of prayer, i thought it would be a good idea to not pot up and see what happened, death is what happened, i lost a lot of stuff, and have found out since(months ago) that no one dies to Torag, all i had to do was repot or tele out, i did neither and got the death i deserved.

Worse than that was when i was killing green dragons and 2 pkers arrived in monks robes and started attacking/hassling a lvl 80 ish(they were roughly lvl 80), the lvl 80 dragon killer got a bit of luck and engaged a dragon. I thinking 'wth I'm gonna teach these fools a lesson', proceed to attack the robed ones,needless to say i got my [wagon] handed to me severely, as in i probably got one hit in over 5 and was getting constantly hit for 20's. That was me being stupid, but it did teach me that the PvP combat system is broken in favour of 'pures'(in the sense that to pk you have to be one, or at least have high range/magic/strength in relation to your combat level). So now i don't try anything gallant when in the wilderness.

I had an infinity hat, infinity boots, and about 4m cash when I decided I wanted a dragon scimitar, and nobody would sell. So, I grabbed a banana, my greegree, and tele runes, not bothering to clear the junk out of my inventory. I tele in, turn into a monkey, run down and buy a scimitar, and then I get ready to tele back out. Since you can't cast mage with a greegree on, I take off the greegree and click varrock teleport. WHOOPS! I have 1 law, 1 air, and 3 fires! So, now I'm standing, human, in the middle of ape atoll, being hit with like 5 range attacks, holding something like 7m in my inventory. I make a mad dash to the upstairs of the ape room again, and I calm myself and survive with 9 hp. Boy, that was a close one.

lalalasig2.png

1)Getting pked while rcing.

2)Getting pked while rcing.

3)Getting pked while rcing.

4)Getting pked while rcing.

5)Getting pked while rcing.

6)Getting pked while rcing.

7)Getting pked while rcing.

8)Getting pked while rcing.

9)Getting pked while rcing.

10)Getting pked while rcing.

and more.....

Others: Going to charge glories while wearing full drag+fury+whip+Green Party Hat. Walked into blue drag pen on accident, manage to get away with 10 hp.

PS: Was skulled.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

When i was dking one time I was screwing around and started attacking rex with my spear. Only to have prime spawn and start attacking me, hit me for a 44, luckily I noticed in time and was able to switch prayers.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

I was hallying black dragon... I ran to far out in front and got hit like 30...after that, I got hit 53 and i immediately teled to falador...guess what?

I had 1hp left!

omfg_.jpg

Another time i went to the mountain trolls and i thought i could handle Stick (lv101 i think) and i killed it easily. Next I tried to kill Rock(lv111 i think) He hit me 27,30,then a 27...i died... luckily i was teleported to camelot and quickly got the games necklace and went to get my stuff back all i lost was a black mask... #-o

I had a slayer task of Bronze dragons, so I went through the entire Brimhaven dungeon and got to the dragons and started attacking one. I saw a red 40 hit me, then I realized that I was a complete idiot and I forgot my anti-dragon shield. I clicked on my ectophial and teled out.

Came back and finished the task, I saw someone else come in to join me, and he forgot his shield too! (Is it a common thing?)

Only he didn't have a teleport on him, and he died right there. I picked up some cash, and his granite shield.

I would've returned it, but I only saw his name for a second, and it was very complicated. (Tip: Have a simple name and maybe lost items will be returned to you.)

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

I was hallying black dragon... I ran to far out in front and got hit like 30...after that, I got hit 53 and i immediately teled to falador...guess what?

I had 1hp left!

omfg_.jpg

Another time i went to the mountain trolls and i thought i could handle Stick (lv101 i think) and i killed it easily. Next I tried to kill Rock(lv111 i think) He hit me 27,30,then a 27...i died... luckily i was teleported to camelot and quickly got the games necklace and went to get my stuff back all i lost was a black mask... #-o

:shock:

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

I went to do my lvl 3 clue and thought it was like my other coordinate clue where i fought a 65 with a dds so i brought no food but i had to fight a 109 sara guy and got hit tons with sara strike and died.

Stupid ofme eh -.-

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Well, this one time shortly after gnome delivery service minigame came out.... I was fairly new to member's at the time, and didn't know much about the dangers of poison. So, anyway, I was making a delivery to one of the gnomes and karamja, Im getting frustrated cause I cant find the gnome, so I decide to attack a tribesman. Im thinking, hey, lvl 32, easy kill, right? You know where this is going. Bam, poisoned for 11, no teleports, Im lost in the middle of the island. So I start eating food and running around like a crazy man, trying to find someway to stop the pain. I run out of food and activate my gnome token thing that is supposed to give you food. Im really desparate now, down to about 20 hp. Well anyway, I ended up dying and losing my gnome cooking stuff and some rune armour if i remember right. That was a major loss for me back then. Funny thing: the gnome delivery person showed up about 5 seconds after I appear in Lumbridge. I'm like oh come on, thanks for nothing.

Flyingjj.png

was supposed to be killing blue dragons at the orge enclave and was bored. so i was examining this orge shaman...ooo quite cool why not try talking to him? BHAM 20 -.- and even after that i thought: ah perhaps when he attacks he wont hit that much...well i died and lost around 800k of stuff including black mask zzz

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png