There is No Point in Having Two RS Accounts

Foodfight13

Firstly, I simply entitled this thread the way you see it because I am announcing my point of view. This is not an informative thread, this is a debate thread. This topic can be debated, and I welcome you to do so after you have read through this whole post. Though I am confident that the evidence I will show strongly supports my side of the arguement and leaves little or no room for argument.

I am going to start off with my main point: You can do everything you would do on your other account on your main account. The only exception to this is if you had a nonmembers main account, and then made another "pure" account that had a membership. But I can't see many people doing that. It's just illogical. I feel it's better to have one high account that two medium accounts. Don't you want to be higher in the highscores? Why have two accounts that are in the top 100,000 overall when you could have one in the top 50,000, maybe even higher?

I could go really in depth here and compare two accounts and add their xp in various levels and their total xp, but I choose not to do it as much as I could. But just to give you an idea, I will give an example of someone I know. He has nearly 9 million xp in his main account, and then about 11 million xp in his other account. Despite which account is his main, that could still be 20 million xp in one account if he had chosen to stay with only one account. Obviously he would have spent more time to get that 20 millon xp in one account, because as you level up more, the levels become harder and require more time to obtain.

Also, let's compare on one individual skill. This person had nearly 1.8 million xp in fishing on one character, and nearly 1.07 million xp on another. Add that total up, and (with the help of Tip.It's XP Table) you can confirm that would have had level 83 fishing on one account instead of 79 and 73 fishing on two accounts. I don't know about you, but I would take the higher fishing level any day.

Another argument against having two accounts with membership is the cost. If you have a parent who pays for you, or your job gives enough income so that you may pay for two RS Memberships and the rest of your Real LifeÃÆââââ¬Ã¾Ãââ desires and needs, then that cost may not bother you. But who wants to pay 60 extra dollars a year to do something they could do on a different account that they're already paying 60 dollars a year for? It doesn't make much sense, but feel free to use/waste your money as you wish.

Now I will look at some of the reasons that people make more than one account:

*Pking*

This seems to be the most popular, logical, and maybe valid reason that people make another account. They like to make a strength, ranged, or mage pure so they will have an advantage in the wilderness when killing their fellow players. They like the lower combat level while having high individual combat stats. You can still pk with your main though. In fact, if you use your main, you will most likely have higher combat stats, allowing you to wield more powerful armor and weapons, allowing you to kill - with an easier effort - higher level prey. Why choose green dragonhide and steel arrows when it could be black dragonhide and crystal bow? Why choose Fire Bolt when it could be Ice Burst? I guess some people like to earn a smaller profit with more ease then go for the "bigger fish." But you can always pk on your main, and almost always have more of a thrill pking on member's worlds rather than free worlds. Even if you don't have a membership, I would rather pk as a level 70 in green dragonhide because I could take down better people, maybe even some with rune. Can you do that with your lower-level ranged pure?

EDIT: Events have no happened and now no one can playerkill in the wilderness.

*Pures*

Whether it be a combat or non-combat skill, people make other accounts in which they only concentrate on one or a few skills. I personally find this to be ridiculous. Once again, you can do everything on your main that you can do on your other account. With the rise of skill capes, more people have been aiming for those level 99s, and even more have been doing so on a seperate account. What are you going to do after you get level 99 woodcutting on a level 3 account? Just prance around Runescape doing your emote? Because you haven't leveled up any other skills, and have made a commitment to not do so, there is a lack of things you can do with your account and it's single skillcape. I personally would rather have my main with 99 in whatever skill than rather have it on level 3 account that has nothing else. Your level 90 main can't wear a skillcape that your level 3 pure has earned. It may give you a feeling of accomplishment, but you can't show it off unless you're on the pure account. And there isn't much else to do with that account right? Even if you begin to work on more skills, you have basically just made a second account. And you could've done all the "skilling" on your main, and gotten those skillcapes quicker.

*Boredom*

A rather pathetic reason, but a reason nonetheless. Even I get bored sometimes. If you really are that bored, you should go try to obtain a treasure trail or do a minigame. That is why Jagex put those things in there, to keep you excited and having fun while you play the game and give you a much needed break from that continuous "skilling." But I don't see any point in making another account to do something that you were tired of doing on your main account because it was getting boring. Again, it's just not logical.

Now, if you wish to post in this thread, please do so and abide to the Debate Club Rules and Guidelines. I won't comment back to people who just say "I agree" or "I disagree" or "You're stupid!"

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

Most peoples mains have terrible pking stats so they decide to make a pure so they can legitimately pk. The main reason for pures is because they're 2 itemers, most pures bring about 60k worth of stuff into the wild not counting their scim they will protect. They're under the wrong impression that there aren't millions of other pures with the same stats so they get no advantage over other people. Pures also dont take that long because you're only training a few stats and nearly all of them drop trade all the stuff they'll need from their mains to make training much quicker.

Most peoples mains have terrible pking stats so they decide to make a pure so they can legitimately pk. The main reason for pures is because they're 2 itemers, most pures bring about 60k worth of stuff into the wild not counting their scim they will protect. They're under the wrong impression that there aren't millions of other pures with the same stats so they get no advantage over other people. Pures also dont take that long because you're only training a few stats and nearly all of them drop trade all the stuff they'll need from their mains to make training much quicker.

Now, here's the thing. When a person usually drop trades over items it can be quite a significant amount so they would probably stop playing the other account so are really just playing one. Pures are probably the biggest time waster as only a few actually become decent and most lose more money than they make.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I have 2 accounts; my main and a F2P Strength pure with a combat level of 44. My main has 85 83 90 melee stats with 71 Pray. I will never get a kill, but I like to PK. That is why I pk on my pure. I lose 80k per kill and I have good PKing stats. A pure is, in my opinion, the only reason to have a second account. If you want to make a lvl 3 skiller or a second main, go ahead, but that's just stupid. I don't think many people with 10m+ xp on their main will do something like that.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I have about 5 accounts personally, but mostly for stupid reasons, like merchanting, and trying to gee 10m on a lv3 account, or my pure that i never got higher than lv 20, but i mostly work on dragon way more than my other accounts. i would also rather put more time into dragon than my other accounts, and i now also think that a second account is kinda stupid. only pking is really worth having a second account, nothing else. I also think skiller accounts are kinda stupid, but thats me, i'd rather have my main with tons higher skills than a lv 3 with alot of time put in to an account that can hardly do much of anything.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

People don't see the same fun. What might be stupid to you, might be fun to another and vice versa.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

^tru dat lolz

Also, I have a pking pure, myself, for pking. Ridiculous? Okay, so do you enjoy it when you come in with decent stuff and then you start fighting a pure - not only you can risk prolly 10x as much as he, or even more in f2p, but the pure also has the upper hand sometimes as not all stats are suited for pking?

Nowadays, I'd not take in a full rune to the wildy if I don't have the needed money for buying more than a few others. High risk - low reward - low fun. Sure, so pures either drop a rune weapon or nothing, but you don't feel so bad for your anti-drag shield, iron armor, cape and lobsters and possibly ONE rune weapon if you have both scimmy/r2h, than for your (almost) full rune, rune weapon (s), lobsters, and cape. (F2p examples)

Also, who needs drop-trading? Multilog ftw. Jagex can detect if two characters from one IP or very similar IPs are in the same area and picking up each other's items, but multilogging is like 100% safety. And the real reason, air running fo' lyfe.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I agree with your second point about pures, which you clearly expressed in a better way than I think I could.

About your first point, well you see one of the few ways to have mains pking effectively as pures is having your main made as a tank. Mains tend to have combat stats for best combat experience, negating the purpose of pking, so their combat build is not perfectly build for pking, which is also why pures are formed.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I have a F2P str pure that I have now abandoned. I haven't even gotten it to 40 Attack or Str. Lugia0013's stats are in my sig. Although it is pretty funny to say on my pure that I have a high level main. Then no one believes me and I sign on with Lugia :XD: After that they probably beg for stuff since it's F2P :roll:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I have a F2P str pure that I have now abandoned. I haven't even gotten it to 40 Attack or Str. Lugia0013's stats are in my sig. Although it is pretty funny to say on my pure that I have a high level main. Then no one believes me and I sign on with Lugia :XD: After that they probably beg for stuff since it's F2P :roll:.

So your saying f2pers are beggers?

And On-Topic:

Maybe people want to try new things.

Even if you have a main with combat lvl 100+.

Sometimes you start thinking, "What If".

And you will see that making a account is very easy.

And many people also tend to go drop trading.

I do agree you with your other opinions.

These are unknown F2Pers and i'm a 121 with a Pray cape. Yeah, there's going to be some form of begging pretty much any time I go to F2P.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Well I have 2 other accounts.

A f2p lvl 10 or 12 (haven't been on in a while) I keep just for the holiday items. It's fun pulling out my yo-yo (ooer missus), or Christmas items and showing off to higher but newer accounts who call me a noob.

I also have a lvl 3 account in RS1. I just log in for an hour or so every month for nostalgic reasons.

Teeg

In my opion I too believe that starting more than one account is a waste of time but that is just an opion some other people may see some fun in it. But there are some legitimate reasons against two accounts. The first being on pure accounts, for example mage pures, it is expensive to level mage and would take forever to get the money for the runes using the skills on that account. So they just trade the money to that account from their main account. Which is 100% against the rules no matter what way you do it: drop trade, log in two accounts at the same time, or just trade through a trusted friend. It is always in violation of the multiple log in rule. So really the wild has become dominated by people who broke the rules in order to get the skills need to be as good at pking as they are. Although in reality most pures are usually really easy to kill.

As for skillers I really dont understand the point of them, theres no way to get the raw materials they get to there main account without breaking the rules, you get yews just as fast on a wc pure account as you would on your main,and you get to 99 of a skill just as fast on either kind of accounts. And as for a reason that isnt a matter of opion, level 3 skillers make it harder to locate macros, think about it if there werent level 3 skillers you would almost know for sure that level 3s and 4s were macros. And also they make it harder for Jagex to stop macros because they have to make sure they dont affect skillers when trying to get rid of macros.

But this was just my opion and if you do have skiller or pure accounts

I dont hold anything against you. And sorry this got so long.

"Nothing in life is permanent, not even our troubles."-Charlie Chaplin.

userbarunorbv1.png

I could type an essay on this, but i'm getting bored, so i think i'll keep it simple. I've always thought having more than one account was worthless, unless you decided to make a new one because you got bored with the old one. I completely agree. Why have one account with level 99 crafting and anouther with 99 mining, when you could have one account with both high skill levels??? Good for gettin in the high scores too.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I could probably write an entry-level thesis on this, but I'll keep it as short and condensed as possible. I'm sure no one has the time to be reading through 25 pages, now do we? :D

I'll debate these per point that comes up, since I don't like multi-quoting in a thread much.

1. I could very well do everything else that I can do on my main, but the only problem is that I am at 118 combat (at the time of writing). This means that in my league, I'll only face players that are probably at 123 and up, and I have no level 99 skill to attack with (most of which are in the high 90s). This means that not only am I easy prey, but I am taking a much larger risk with my items than I would be with my black pure; instead of losing a set of full Black and a rune scimitar, I'd be losing a whip, a set of either Rune or Barrows (most likely Karil), various tidbits of jewelery, and other things. For me, it's much easier to just PK on a much lower account, to reduce the earned risk therein. (No I did not drop-trade anything on my pure, so losing something would be a heavy blow to that file. However, I don't lose. :D)

2. I do not really seek a position to compete with 1 million players. The hell's the point in that? If you ask me, being 999,999th is far better than being ranked in the top 50, the top 20, or the top 5. Less people badger you, covet you, are jealous of you, or even try to hack you. You'd also be surprised that less people even try to hurl insults at you such as "noob" and "nerd" and "no-life", even when they have no foreknowledge of your life besides that you're substantially high ranked in RuneScape. I'll also be honest in saying that if I had the chance to hide my scores, I would. I'm not in it to compete, I'm in it to have fun.

On the subject of having fun, a second account allows me to break free from the monotony of working on my main. If I'm bored with fishing or fletching or firemaking or even Slayer (God forbid!), I'll just log off, turn on the pure(s) and go a huntin'.

3. If two accounts with membership costs too much, then I don't see the point of ever getting members on the second account. I have probably three or four pures, and I see no need to get them on members, nor will I in the near future. What they can do on freeplay is just enough excitement for me; if I wanted to go gallivanting onto a members' server to prove that I was the baddest out there, then I don't have problems with using my main.

There you have it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

i used to think having more accs was illogical as well, but then i endded up making a "backup" main. i made it just incase my main was ever hacked or whatever. eventually it became a pure. next thing i know i have 17 other accs other than my main.

i think that people make new accs because its like being an elightened noob. like it or not we were all noobs at some point, one as clueless as the next. but if a runescape vet made a new acc, he/she would have the advantage of knoledge. knoledge is a powerful weapon, and in the hands of a level 3, the experienced player can grow much more rapidly than any other person fresh off tutorial island. I think its the thrill of fast leveling that reminds us of the first glorious hours of runescape that makes create new accs.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I have a valid reason why someone might create a second account:

personal challenge

Essentially, they want to see if they can achieve the same type of success that others do without having a certain requisite that is used by most people. I understand this, and support persons who choose this method. Think about this: how many lvl 3 pures have you seen with 23m woodcutting exp? If you achieve that, you've got fame pretty much anywhere you are.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I disagree, by using more than one account you can play this massive game from different perspectives.

• [*:2n4w8d3l]You can have a main who is just an all round player which is one way to play the game.

[*:2n4w8d3l]You could also have a level 3 skiller, Training your skills is more difficult as you cannot really train in skilling areas where high level monsters are as you are likely to be killed. This offers a completely different way to play the game and is much more challenging.

[*:2n4w8d3l]Pures are also another way to play the game, while admittedly I dont know much about pking, I can see why this appeals to players who like the challenge of competing against players with a much higher combat level.

In conclusion, Runescape is a massive game that can and is played in different ways, by creating different accounts you can experience each of these.

I disagree. Based on the fact you get to play the game from different angles and find what works best for you or which you like.

I have three accounts.

•  
    My main (Shazarabbit)

A pure (Slayerrabbit)

A low level account to level with my brother who has just started to play (I Lettuce I)

I don't play on my pure much if ever. It wasn't right for me. But i like the fact you can test out things before performing it on your main account or something.

However when you create accounts at different angles you need to realize you are sacrificing apart of the game and thus have no right to complain when jagex releases something you don't like. Such as the pest control update.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

the main reason i have multiple accounts :D is becuse i wanted to be able to pk effectivly. Sure when u have a main that has very high combat stats you will be very effective against many people, mostly lower than you. The problem comes when you encounter someone of your level in the wild, half the time they easily kill you becuase they are pures. That is why I made a pure file, so i could compete with people that are my level without having to waste and inventory of sharks. Another reason is to be able to train with my friends that are lower levels than me. A level 80 and a level 50 arent going to train in the same places usualy, so I made a file that I could use to train with my lower leveled friends.

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson

• 4 weeks later...

pures are fun for me, so are skillers. skillers are fun for me coz its harder to train in alot of places, especially if there are monsters ;) like in fally mines or alkharid pit mines.

pure is for pking, though i never get kills >_< but its fun

i also have 3 account i go on to make offences, then appeal them with stupid thnigs to c wat jagex say. once i pass scammed some1 on it and i appealed with "go to hell jagex, go beat off a rat" and i go unbanned -.^

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

It's not logical to have two accounts, but we're not dealing with logical Vulcan children here, we're talking about emotional human kids. They get bored with grinding out levels and so create new accounts to get fast levels. For some people, seeing "Congratulations, you have gained a X level" is more exciting than getting a high level.

I have multiple accounts myself, but I only really play on one. The other two are to test low level updates that my main can't do anymore, like quest updates and such. Of course, one of them is an account that I lost interest in (I stopped liking the name and I felt I messed up the skills).

The point is, there are no logical reasons to make multiple accounts, but there are quite a few emotional ones.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

My main(no longer)i got to 99 woodcutting. I managed to obtain enough money to buy a white phat, then i got hacked for all my stuff. I started my new main mountain jam in march(f2p) and decided to train mostly the skills i didnt on my other. It is now much richer than my main with no drop trading whatsoever.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

The only use you missed is extra bank space. Personaly, I dont do it, but some of my F2P friends have like 4-8 acounts, all used as storage. They stoor their stuf on these other acounts, and it makes them kind of imune to acount hackers. Only they know the names of the banking acounts, and if their main gets hacked, they get the acount back and dont lose as much. That is one of the only reasons I see in making a side acouint.

The only other reason is if your membership runs out, or you get banned, but still want to play. Also, some people (like me) find joy in starting skills from scratch, starting over so to speak, just for the fun of it. :-k

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]