How did you make money as a newb?

Lacrosse_fan

I mined Iron till level 60, then Coal in the Guild from then on. I got to 80 Mining purely F2P doing that :P

Then 81-84 at Granite, and 84-85 at Iron

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I used to sell cowhide for 110gp each until I was about level 35 I though 10k was incredible back then 8-) .

Other than that I just picked up each and every gold piece I find on the ground or from monsters, it really does add up over time. :thumbsup:

Here's my signature--RUNESWORD 760

Wayyyy back in the day when Bluerose13x had just got 99 smithing (the first to do so), the coal market exploded.

I forget how much it sold for, but it was quite a sum as I remember having nearly 400k at one point (which in those days was crazy good - green party hat was 200k in those days for perspective). I was a level 12 with 62 mining all said and done lol.

Then that market subsided and I quit for some months.

50-60ish combat I thieved a lot of natures - they sold for 400 gp each at one point, as I recall.

Somehow I always managed to squander my money ... :-k

When I was like level 15, I would go mine a full inv of iron ores, smelt/smith into various weapons, and sell at the gen store for like 1k gp :|.

When I became a member, my best friend at the time showed me how to spin flax. Eventually, I found other ways.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I mined mining in Rimmington, Smelting in Falador, and Smithing in Doric's Anvils, then selling to the general or the shield store in there. I climbed from bronze squares and kites, to iron and lastly to steel, but getting coal was too hard for me and I found better ways to get money.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I mined stuff then smithed making money, I also picked up anything that could be sold on for some money, I also made stuff out of cow hides and got money. :)

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

when i first started i killed goblins and sold goblin mail to the shop :P

then when i became a member i soon found that picking flax was good cash

then my brother started to train his rc - not to be out dun i used mi small amount of cash to start rcing - soon getting 44 and then i rc'd nats to 54 then i made laws as there lower risk then .... (god this is long) ... i rc'd duble cosmics at lvl 59 (i think) i still rc to make the odd bit of cash every now and again but now i mostly barrow drops in order ( ah hood - v helm - dh pl8 - dmed - t helm) not alot but i only done about 55 runs

edit-

soz ppl i jst noticed i did mi money makeing histroy not the first way i made cash - so ill say it again 4 ppl who cant be botherd to read it all

-goblin mail-

Well WAY back in classic I made coal certs (for some reason 5 coal sold for 2k)

I never really made money for a while though...

Finally at the start of rs2 me and my little bro mined essence until we each had full rune.

My next money making method was cutting yews.

Shortly after I became members and my money making skills somewhat progressed :)

The following song lyrics are ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâéDisney Studios Ltd.

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in a mine the whole day through

To dig dig dig dig dig dig dig is what we like to do

It ain't no trick

To get rich quick

If you dig dig dig

With a shovel or a pick

In a mine (In a mine)

In a mine (In a mine)

Where a million diamonds

Shine

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig from early morn to night

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig up everything in sight

We dig up diamonds

By the score

A thousand rubies

Sometimes more

We don't know what we dig them for

We dig dig digga dig dig

(musical intro)

Hi [garden tool]!

Hi [garden tool]!

Hi [garden tool]! Hi [garden tool]! Hi [garden tool]!

Hi [garden tool], Hi [garden tool]

It's home from work we go

(whistles)

Hi [garden tool], Hi [garden tool], Hi [garden tool]

(whistles)

(more whistles)

Hi [garden tool], Hum

(whistles)

Hi [garden tool], hi [garden tool], hi [garden tool], hi [garden tool]

I mined.....

... a lot!

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I mined, smelted and smithed ores and then sold the armour/weaponry to the general store. :)

Did the same :P

I made as many different items as possible haha, looked really cool in my inventory :)

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

Cut TONS of willows and sold them to the General Store for 4 gp each until I found out they were 30gp each.

:wall: :wall: :wall: Yes, I was that stupid.

tanmagilcape,Squeeze%20Easy.gif

2176th to 99 Prayer on June 21st, 2007

Proud Owner of a White Partyhat and Fire Cape~29 Whips~16 Dragon Drops

I was a new player about two years before RS2 came out. Keep that in mind.

I would start in east Varrock, which I called "base" in my head. I'd walk to the mine southeast of Varrock, stack up with 14 tin and 14 copper (while carrying a pickaxe and a sleeping bag) and then walk to the Falador furnace, killing the Man near the crossroads along my way. Then I'd make my 14 bars, and walk back to base (killing the Man again), where I would withdraw my hammer. I'd make 14 bronze shortswords, because those were the best money per bar, and sell them to the Varrock sword shop. Then I would bank my money, plus the loot from the Man (chaos runes were my favorite, and he dropped one at a time >_>), plus the hammer, and do it all over again. Then I did it with iron, once I could do that.

Every once in a while, I would see someone buying chaos runes or something else the Man dropped, and sell to them, for a bonus - although I now realize the level 60s and 70s would buy three chaos runes at a time for (what I now realize was) was more than they were worth basically out of pity :oops:

Once I could mine coal, I did coal certs all the way up until RS2 came out.

well i killed cows! and didnt sell hides i just trained combat then my cousin he brought me to rs showed me how to mine even though he gave me stuff now i cant remeber why i never went on in rsc i thought it looked dumb i think. he showed me it amonth after it came out or so after it came out and i was like no nitendo 64 is beter. darn nitendo 64 u make me so sad :oops:

R.I.P. R.S. S.T.A.K.I.N.G.

siggzormj1.jpg